Valdes gone already

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:I think he's too much of a professional plus he'll have better protection and less to do with the new signings, surely the fact he's had to be our best player for two years worries any keeper somewhat.
A busy keeper is a focussed keeper... if he has better protection, then he's got more time to think about how pissed off he is to still be in England... and not be totally in the game when some no mark who no one expected to shoot, hits a 30 yard screamer against the run of play... bang, top corner... a ball he'd have saved last year...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Agree to disagree, keep him another year and let Los Wankos sign somebody not as good, once they get pummelled by Barca their fans will be livid for not getting DDG and letting their legend go in the same summer.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Agree to disagree, keep him another year and let Los Wankos sign somebody not as good, once they get pummelled by Barca their fans will be livid for not getting DDG and letting their legend go in the same summer.
Yeah, but I don't give a shit what Real do... not our problem... our problem is possibly being stuck with an unhappy, sulky player, with no decent backup if he loses form...

And then we'll need to replace him next year anyway...

This whole keeping him against his will idea only works if we've got his replacement now... he plays well, great... he sulks, he sits, we use the new guy and we move on... we're in control...

Valdes gave us some leverage... as it is now, we've got no control over the situation aside from being stubborn, without being better off for it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

I can't see him sulking, I just cant see it.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:I can't see him sulking, I just cant see it.
Nah, me neither. I think if he was the kind of player who would let the off-field bullshit affect his performances, there's no way he'd have stayed quiet this long.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Agree to disagree, keep him another year and let Los Wankos sign somebody not as good, once they get pummelled by Barca their fans will be livid for not getting DDG and letting their legend go in the same summer.
Yeah, but I don't give a shit what Real do... not our problem... our problem is possibly being stuck with an unhappy, sulky player, with no decent backup if he loses form...

And then we'll need to replace him next year anyway...

This whole keeping him against his will idea only works if we've got his replacement now... he plays well, great... he sulks, he sits, we use the new guy and we move on... we're in control...

Valdes gave us some leverage... as it is now, we've got no control over the situation aside from being stubborn, without being better off for it...
What might be the outcome we're heading for is that De Gea stays for another year but we buy Oblak now to bring him up to speed as his replacement. Problem with letting Valdes go now is Oblak doesn't look ready to be the main man yet, so if he's really the player Van Gaal thinks is the future for United, we'd have to get an experienced hand as well as him if we let De Gea go this summer.

It's all a bit of a shit show really. Many are now saying that deal with Real is probably already done, but they've agreed to pretend otherwise so that we don't get gouged by the clubs we are looking to buy his replacement from.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

nah he'll defo sulk tbf

ron didnt but we were challenging on all fronts,

come the new year and weve no chance of winning anything hes bound to suddenly become 'injury' prone tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Spudiator
Star Man

4 years ago

I really doubt that. Whether he'll be happy or not is a whole different matter, but I can't see him feigning injury, especially with the Euros coming up next Summer, no way he's gonna risk his place in the national team.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

he wont feign injury, we'll just continually be told hes injured as an excuse for why hes not playing
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Van Gaal publicly says we're selling Valdes and a day later Real signs this other keeper from Espanyol. Looks like De Gea's staying around for at least one more season, so I hope you're wrong about him throwing a strop.