Memphis Depay

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

So... did some quality early business, eh???

Or would you rather have had Bale?

Anyway... he's got a cool name... the terraces should come up with some crackin songs...

"Only 21, already played over 100 games at senior level, pacy, with neat close control, Depay loves to run at defenders and completed the most dribbles in the entire Eredivisie during the 2013/14 campaign."

"However, still at a young age and learning the game, the 21-year-old can sometimes be guilty of making the wrong pass or keeping hold of the ball for too long."

"While Depay has been tipped to become as good as Dutch star Arjen Robben by PSV manager Phillip Cocu, one man believes the Holland youngster could one day rival Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ed van Steijn, the man who scouted Ronaldo for Manchester United, believes Depay is better than the Real Madrid star was at the same age.

Speaking to Dutch daily newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, Van Steijn said: 'If I compare him to a young Cristiano Ronaldo at the time, then Depay has more strings to his bow. I like him better.

'Ronaldo did the same things wrong at Manchester United as he did when he was 17.' "

"Former Holland midfielder Cocu said of Depay: 'Whether he can be as good as Arjen Robben? I think so.

'They are different players, but they are both fast and have a good shot. And both always have the urge to learn.

'But Memphis is only 21-years-old and only in a few years can real conclusions be drawn.'

Depay's PSV team-mate Stijn Schaars is also a fan and told Helden Online: 'He's doing everything to reach the top.

'He has a body of a true athlete, power and flair. I'm not afraid of him losing his head. His drive is huge. I like him a lot.' "

Alf is happy!

For a change...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
tom
First Teamer

5 years ago

Insert cliche comment about whether player coming from the Dutch league to one of the big leagues can "make the step up".
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Comparing him to Robben and Ronaldo...

Fans are going to be upset if he doesn't score 20 next season aren't they
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liver ... st-tweets/

"With Alexis and Depay on the wings Liverpool will be unstoppable."

:))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

marlon wrote:Comparing him to Robben and Ronaldo...

Fans are going to be upset if he doesn't score 20 next season aren't they
I doubt that... he'll get a season to show... and if he makes a sound contribution to a proper title challenge, he'll have had a good first year...

Anyway, who knows... might just light up the league...
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

He's got an incredible amount of tattoos for a guy who's only 21. Where's he find the time?
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:He's got an incredible amount of tattoos for a guy who's only 21. Where's he find the time?
Well, if I earned thousands of pounds a week and worked 20 - 25 hours a week, I'm pretty sure I could fit it in.

Seems like a decent kid, has talent in bags, let's see how he goes.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

This is exciting...... I love the fact he has an ego all it needs is guided in the right direction, hopefully he'll have the balls to want to emulate Ronaldo and not the stupidity and arrogance of Zaha, Morrison and Cleverly.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

He's pretty handy at free kicks, reminds me of somebody else........?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/go ... ial-video/?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
madmax
Star Man

5 years ago

He was impressive in the worldcup. Didn't storm it or anything like that but the talent was pretty noticeable.
Combined well with Blind on the left and scored an important goal i think. Excited that we have him.

Dunno what's going to happen to Januzaj now. Januzaj deserves a shot in the team, at least after a loan spell in a Prem team.