Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... t-revealed

He wants to work with a sporting director though. Just focusing on the coaching side of the job. That wouldn't work too well here with Woodward in charge.
I'm very surprised City havnt tried to poach him
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

It might be because City like to buy the finished thing, whereas Klopp likes to make the finished thing over a period of time

He's a proper manager really. He makes better footballers. It's what they were meant to do before the Prem's TV cash and rich owners. Now it's more a case of whoever spends more money on their team improving each position finishes higher in the league, with a few exceptions like
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

He wants to work with a sporting director though. Just focusing on the coaching side of the job. That wouldn't work too well here with Woodward in charge.
Then maybe something needs to change...?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote: I'm very surprised City havnt tried to poach him
City have quite publicly been after Guardiola or a while. Doubt they'd do anything long term when Guardiola will probably be available next summer.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

swampash wrote:

Then maybe something needs to change...?
Definitely and he won't be the only manager to think like that. Can't see Woodward giving up that power though.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

From what I know of Van Gaal's history, it seems like he's been his own worst enemy over the years. But he also clearly has the qualities of a great manager and knows how to win and how to play nice football doing it. Since this is his last hurrah and he's so prideful, I'm pretty confident that we can rely on him to do his utmost to end his career on a high, winning silverware. I think he's got too much sense to fall out with the owners like he has done before and end his career in a farce.

If Woodward gets him the players he wants, I think it will have to be a damn good team to deny us the league title in the next two seasons. The fact that he's been so good in the big matches suggests we'll do well in Europe too.
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

Still means we need a couple of xfactory players who can bully the small teams when our past-it shitlords like Rooney can't be arsed to turn it on against Bournemouth away. I'm hoping Depay is the kind of player who can do that and play in the big games.
zzzzzds
First Teamer

4 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:Still means we need a couple of xfactory players who can bully the small teams when our past-it shitlords like Rooney can't be arsed to turn it on against Bournemouth away. I'm hoping Depay is the kind of player who can do that and play in the big games.
Agreed. I'd like to see Felipe Anderson here as well. Memphis on the left and Felipe Anderson on the right with a decent minimum 20 league goal striker through the middle would be pretty good. Notwithstanding other areas that need fixing as well - centre mid, centre back, right back. Don't think we need anything goalkeeper-wise. Keep De Gea and tell Madrid to fuck off. Or if he goes we have Valdez who is top quality as well. If we sign Cillessen to replace big Dave, I'm just going to pack the whole thing in. I don't think I could take it any more.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

4 years ago

"Louis van Gaal is ready to turn into Louis van SNARL as he chases glory with Manchester United next season,"

ffs
lkhm

hoofing