Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
Dosdamt
Star Man

4 years ago

marlon wrote:
bman2 wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:He hasn't qualified us for shit yet.
Seriously, Seems fucking deluded after the last three results to say otherwise. We're deep in the shit now.
Come on, 4 point lead and GD basically makes it 5 and only 9 points to play for. It would be a ridiculous collapse.
Yes, it would be, and we're right at the epicentre of that collapse this week dropping all three points to fucking West Brom while playing like a spongey mass of cock cheese
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:Klopp's won two league titles and the German cup and got to extra time in a CL final. In 6 years of management, Guardiola has won 5 league titles, two CLs, three domestic cups, and a handful of other international titles. In his 1st year of management, he improved Barcelona's points total by 20 points, won the league, and they scored more than 100 goals (which no team had done in Spain since at least the beginning of the century).

Klopp definitely didn't have the opportunity to do anything like that, but what Guardiola has achieved so far is incredible, even considering the players he had.
No... you can't just dismiss the players he had... that wasn't "just a team" it was a Ferrari in a world of BMWs... not to mention he had the luxury of perfecting his team in a piss weak league, with only one team of any real competition... he could rest and juggle his resources to save them for Europe... he had the golden triangle of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi... those 3 alone could have carried any team, plus he had quality everywhere else in the squad... he then went to manage a totally dominant Bayern team, and was given unlimited funds to improve an already incredible team... in what sense does Klopp even have a fraction of that backing, or opportunity???

Look... I don't think there has ever been a manager with the level of talent Guardiola's had to work with... take nothing away from what he's done, but you can't compare him with anyone because of that... he's never had to bodge a team... he has never had to face a better team than the one he's got to work with... think about that... in every game he's been a manager, he's had the best team...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
spektarm
First Teamer

4 years ago

Since almost everybody on here is jizzing their pants over the idea of Klopp, has any of you watched/followed his Dortmund side extensively over the last few years? It seems to me that you have formed an opinion over watching a few Dortmund games in the CL.

Yes, he is a manager with vision and passion, he mostly tries to set up a team to play a quick attacking style (good to watch).

But to compare him to Guardiola is absolutely ridiculous. Klopp may have the potential to be one of the very best managers, but for now it is only that - potential. His Dortmund team has collapsed many times, his style has failed to work very often, because he seems to have no Plan B - and that has always been his biggest weakness. He is not yet in the league of Guardiola or, say, Ancelotti and Mourinho.

It's a no brainer for me if we got the choice between Guardiola and Klopp in the near future - with Guardiola, we will be competing with Real, Barca and Bayern, i.e. at the very top level.

And Alf, we should be striving to be the best team in England, that's what Guardiola is going to do.

With that said, I don't think he will join us unfortunately.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

spektarm wrote:Since almost everybody on here is jizzing their pants over the idea of Klopp, has any of you watched/followed his Dortmund side extensively over the last few years? It seems to me that you have formed an opinion over watching a few Dortmund games in the CL.

Yes, he is a manager with vision and passion, he mostly tries to set up a team to play a quick attacking style (good to watch).

But to compare him to Guardiola is absolutely ridiculous. Klopp may have the potential to be one of the very best managers, but for now it is only that - potential. His Dortmund team has collapsed many times, his style has failed to work very often, because he seems to have no Plan B - and that has always been his biggest weakness. He is not yet in the league of Guardiola or, say, Ancelotti and Mourinho.

It's a no brainer for me if we got the choice between Guardiola and Klopp in the near future - with Guardiola, we will be competing with Real, Barca and Bayern, i.e. at the very top level.

And Alf, we should be striving to be the best team in England, that's what Guardiola is going to do.

Another one putting all the credit at Guardiolas feet, as if having 3 of the worlds best players at one time had nothing to do with it... ffs, my point was to NOT compare Guardiola with Klopp, because you can't compare Guardiola with anyone else... and to speak of him in the same breath as Ancelotti is an insult to a true legend of the game... is there anyone here that doubts Ancelotti wouldn't have done just as well as Guardiola, with the teams Guardiola has had???

Look... let's get something straight... I'm not dissing Guardiola... and I would love to see him come to United, because his status and reputation would guarantee us a crack at signing any player that the Glazers were willing to pay for... but I'm not such a fan boy as to put him on a pedestal that he hasn't earned...

Look at the teams Guardiola has had to work with, and then ask, could Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Lippi, or many others, have won with that talent??? undoubtedly... but could Guardiola have done what Ferguson did with Aberdeen, or some of his United teams, like for instance his last title? You have no idea, because he's never had to work with an "ordinary" team...

Guardiola is a one of the new breed of managers, who has vision and is taking football to new levels... but let's not lose perspective... he's had the best teams, he's won with them... what makes any of you think he'd have been successful with a team like Atletico, like Simione, or Dortmund, like Klopp??? And anyone who says he would have, is a fuckin liar, because you simply don't know, because he never had to...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote: Look at the teams Guardiola has had to work with, and then ask, could Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Lippi, or many others, have won with that talent??? undoubtedly... but could Guardiola have done what Ferguson did with Aberdeen, or some of his United teams, like for instance his last title? You have no idea, because he's never had to work with an "ordinary" team...

Guardiola is a one of the new breed of managers, who has vision and is taking football to new levels... but let's not lose perspective... he's had the best teams, he's won with them... what makes any of you think he'd have been successful with a team like Atletico, like Simione, or Dortmund, like Klopp??? And anyone who says he would have, is a fuckin liar, because you simply don't know, because he never had to...
Does that matter for us? We're one of the richest teams in the world. We should be able to put a team together that he can work with.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

spektarm wrote:....

Guardiola will join us, but only after we've won the treble - and no, a league cup medal can't be included in it.
Or we could get Luiz Enrique, he's doing pretty well at Barca I hear.
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

marlon wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote: Look at the teams Guardiola has had to work with, and then ask, could Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Lippi, or many others, have won with that talent??? undoubtedly... but could Guardiola have done what Ferguson did with Aberdeen, or some of his United teams, like for instance his last title? You have no idea, because he's never had to work with an "ordinary" team...

Does that matter for us? We're one of the richest teams in the world. We should be able to put a team together that he can work with.
Who'll decide on what players to buy? If it's Guardiola, he's had a terrible record at lateral buys, and expensive ones at that.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Alf sounds a bit pissed off with the way things have gone this season. And like me remembers the dark days of Gary Birtles and Paddy Roach. Well things aren't quite that bad, but its all relative. I'm convinced the source of our troubles is that there are too many "insiders" at the club who think success is a given, and that its just around the corner. Well ive got news for them. We are missing the boat if they don't act promptly.
I am pissed off Harry... Saturdays game bad enough, but to hear Van Gall blame the players, for his tactics was infuriating... there were no surprises at Old Trafford, except the result... everyone knew exactly what West Brom would do... Pulis isn't crafty, he was never going to play anything other than what he played... 10 men deep as fuck, protect the goal, and hope to knick something from a set piece... it was written in stone... and Van Gall spent the first half playing cautious possession, risk free, territory ball... Pulis was comfortable as fuck... they scored from a brutal deflection, and then Van Gall burst into life, and made his tactical masterstroke... put Van Persie in midfield, and pushed a worse than useless Fellaini up top... fuck off! Even Pulis could have done better than that...

I'm sick of Van Galls self indulgent horseshit... United is not his personal experiment, his last chance to show the world how clever he is...

I don't think there's any doubt he'll get another year, and maybe another fat wad to rebuild further... and if even half the papers are right, we're going to piss another obscene amount on one player, instead of making the sweeping changes to fix the many holes in the team...

But what really worries me, is that it's all bollocks, and he's NOT going to get the big necessary funds... we had those last year and wasted them... this year, he'll get something more reasonable, like £50/60mill, and be expected to make do... he'll bring in Hummels and Clyne, shift a couple and add a couple more... we'll be sub standard Chelsea and City, and he'll resort to more daft tactics, team selections, and fucked up football to try and consolidate our position as a top 4 team, without ever threatening the top 2...

Darth Ferguson was perfect for what the Glazers wanted, but even he couldn't work miracles... the team was a mess... and Mopes ordinariness, showed just how bad it had gotten, and just how good Ferguson was at getting results with a shit team... so the Glazers brought in, who they thought was another Ferguson, and gave him what they thought would be enough to get us back to a competitive level... if Van Gall achieves 4th, I reckon they'll be satisfied that it's worked, and see another £40/50/60mill as sufficient to hold our own, and satisfy their commitments to the sponsors...

I reckon this is going to be one of the most vicious and competitive transfer summers we've ever seen... Bayern are flush, Barcelona will be let off the leash, and Real might be spending like fuck before a ban kicks in... Juventus is back at the top table with money to spend, and doing so well in the Champs league will have done their cred no harm at all... PSG are just crazy and don't give a fuck about FFP, and the PL has money to burn after the new telly deal... Chelsea will have extra after winning the title, and Mourinho has been talking shit about winning on a budget, to set them up for mad spending this year, and City need a major rebuild, Arsenal never spend much, but they're always capable of throwing £40mill at a player if it suits them, and even Liverpool are good for a £50/60mill spend... my point is, there won't be any bargains... if United is going to sign new players... top class players... we are going to have to compete very aggressively against all the biggest teams in Europe, and we're going to have to do it from a position of weakness, because every other top team will be able to say, "what's United got, that we can't off better?"

My only hope is that the money IS there, and Van Gall has already made some decisive moves, so that he's not trying to fix all our problems in one short summer window... I'm hoping that as soon as the window opens, he'll announce 2 or 3 deals... that'll show our ambition, and hopefully impress any of the other deals, that hopefully Van Gall can make happen... regardless... there's just too much hopeful thinking, not enough confident expectation for my liking... we're just not one of the big dogs in the yard anymore...

This is a crucial year for United... hopefully we don't fuck it up!
tom
First Teamer

4 years ago

Ffs cunts were happy enough three weeks ago. Lots of fickle knee jerk reactions going on here.

Tbf we can debate til the cows come home but there is no way he's getting sacked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 years ago

I agree Alf....but I have no faith any deals are already done....
I can see another summer of frustration...with a panic buy at the end....
Hummells, Gundogen i don't believe are close to happening as the papers suggest..

Why would any top player hav committed to us when we are clearly still a work in progress, not guaranteed top 4, and no stability with LVG known to be only there for another 1 or 2 seasons?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018