Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Van Moyes will be relieved of his duties if we lose at home to Sheffield United in the FA cup. :ymapplause:

They could actually start Sean Bean upfront and we'd be troubled for fucks sake
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Van Moyes will be relieved of his duties if we lose at home to Sheffield United in the FA cup. :ymapplause:

They could actually start Sean Bean upfront and we'd be troubled for fucks sake
Phil Oakey on the wing
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

I really don't think so Harry...

There's no money in the FA cup...

The League and the Champs league... the only things that matter to the Glazers... I doubt they expected the PL title this year, but they'll judge Van Gall on whether he improves on last year...

Champs league... they'll no doubt be financially disappointed about being knocked out of that so early, but I doubt they'll bail on Van Gall because of that, just yet...

I believe he'll get the rest of this season... at least... unless he starts dropping down the table, and threatening to miss 4th spot...

I honestly believe we're stuck with him for the full 3 years... and if he keeps us top 4, and looking relatively competitive, (by their standards, not ours)... then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Glazers offer him an extension...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I'm thinking that way too now. Looks like they won't sack him.

For all we know he might literally be allowed 3 years to rebuild with no trophies, just being "up there". He knows we need to have something decent to watch though because we attack when he's under pressure. But that might just be to placate the fans and keep Old Trafford nearly full.

But he's clearly taking his time. The club are in general. Like we turf out all the strikers and don't replace em in numbers let alone quality. Gaal said he wants Ronaldo, Muller, Bale tbf so he knows we need strikers and goals. He also revealed we had tried to sign some top centrebacks because we're weak in defence too. But he isn't responsible for recruitment, Woodward is, and he seems to be taking his time as well. He's probably playing the long game with the exoensive deals like we did with Herrera in order to save a few quid. And with him being one of the Glazers men from their empire, he won't be sacked either

We might just have to suck it up for 3 years
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

He also said he was proud of th fact that if the fans and players aren't happy he will walk instead of holding out for a pay off, if he really is a man of his word, he should be packing his clogs, throwing the freshly cut tulips out and fucking off now tbf
madmax
Star Man

3 years ago

The fucking annoying thing is the league is there for the taking. Only Leicester and Arsenal look like they want to win the league. If we could just get our act together we can even think of winning the league. We are not that bad. It's just Van Gaal holding us back as if Attack and Defence are mutually exclusive things.
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

I think one thing that everyone is forgetting is that the *very* top players *outside* of England in general do NOT come to United. When they do come, they don't fit in and don't succeed. Angel di Maria was an aberration and didn't fit in. Veron - same.

Manchester United has always been about a core of club generated players supplemented by foreign bargains and the best in the Prem that are bought at a premium. Talk of getting Muller, Bale, Ronaldo - it's a load of shit, and it's not what the club has historically done.

I really think LvG is as much of the problem as under performing players, but we should be looking at players with real potential in the Premier League we can pick up even at a premium, and building from there
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:What United have to be careful of is the south American curse. Any players we buy from there would just see us as a stepping stone to Madrid or Barca, just like the Dippers suffered. I'm very surprised that we don't make more raids on the Scandinavian scene. They churn out some great players and you can get'em at bargain prices. But I think the rot has well and truly set in by the looks of it. There's no talent coming through, which means any prem experienced players we go after will see us properly fleeced. We are stuck in a "quick fix" market.

Fuck the money, who cares what it costs the Glazers,

Taking away Aguero and City's best players and Chelsea's cos they are shite anyway and the few good ones they wouldn't sell, pretty much every player is gettable, and I even mean Arsenals players, it just comes down to how much you want to pay over the odds for them,

So, who would you want in the Prem in areas we are lacking?
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:What United have to be careful of is the south American curse. Any players we buy from there would just see us as a stepping stone to Madrid or Barca, just like the Dippers suffered. I'm very surprised that we don't make more raids on the Scandinavian scene. They churn out some great players and you can get'em at bargain prices. But I think the rot has well and truly set in by the looks of it. There's no talent coming through, which means any prem experienced players we go after will see us properly fleeced. We are stuck in a "quick fix" market.

Fuck the money, who cares what it costs the Glazers,

Taking away Aguero and City's best players and Chelsea's cos they are shite anyway and the few good ones they wouldn't sell, pretty much every player is gettable, and I even mean Arsenals players, it just comes down to how much you want to pay over the odds for them,

So, who would you want in the Prem in areas we are lacking?
Tbf we used to have the pick of players in the PL....think Shearer was the only one we really wanted who we couldn't get and that was his decision...and Gerrard too tbf
From the early 90's for about a decade we had the best squad and the best players in the league- there were very few players in other teams who would have got into out team....
Now it's the other way around- who of our players would get into ANY of the other top teams?! DDG?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:I think one thing that everyone is forgetting is that the *very* top players *outside* of England in general do NOT come to United. When they do come, they don't fit in and don't succeed. Angel di Maria was an aberration and didn't fit in. Veron - same.

Manchester United has always been about a core of club generated players supplemented by foreign bargains and the best in the Prem that are bought at a premium. Talk of getting Muller, Bale, Ronaldo - it's a load of shit, and it's not what the club has historically done.

I really think LvG is as much of the problem as under performing players, but we should be looking at players with real potential in the Premier League we can pick up even at a premium, and building from there
Ronaldo loved it here, but his ego needed to play for the glamour boys at Real... if not for that, I bet he'd still be here...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."