Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

I won't quote you because apparently I don't do it with enough ettiquette[sic] but I think you meant to post that in a different thread
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Steggo
Legend

3 years ago

I think the 5-3 loss at Leicester last season destroyed Van Gaals faith in a fairly attacking system.We have literally gone backwards ever since as he has made sure there is no repeat of that fiasco. And for a great manager his substitutions are at the very least uninspiring and in a large percentage of cases both odd and strange.I don't know if he has 'lost' the dressing room but something isn't right and it would be better to change it now than at the end of the season.
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

Steggo is on the money

This team is devoid of confidence, shape, and ability. The squad is so thin it'd tear in half under a drippy tap.

Rooney's done, LvG is even more done. Club is in a bad place.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

The 3-0 against Arsenal too. In the first half that game could have been 6 or 7 easily. He'll never forget that sinking feeling. We have shut up shop more than ever since then (the last 3 games excluded, because he's under pressure)

In the Prem now, with the big teams being shite, any of em can get done on their day. City were well beaten by Tottenham and Liverpool, and had lost 4 times in 13/14. Chelsea are a disgrace and get done by shite. That's the league we operate in now.

And I wonder if a manager new to the league like Guardiola might be ultra conservative too. You can see a bit of it in Klopp, in how insipid they have been in some games, especially at home. But for a foreign manager under huge pressure at these monster clubs in this weird league, you can see their thinking a bit
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

There's an article saying we're back in for Guardiola after being knocked out of europe. It sounds like the club are briefing the press again ffs.

I understand they had to back Gaal before the Wolfsburg game otherwise they would have undermined him and that would be that. But they should have said to Guardiola we are interested we're just going to pretend we're not for obvious reasons

Also I wonder if upon hearing that the club fully backed Gaal the arse fell the players and we lost. Losing goals on set pieces is unforgivable. And then to do it again a few days later is suspicious (although they were a lot of new players doing the marking like)
Felwin
First Teamer

3 years ago

Sid wrote:The 3-0 against Arsenal too. In the first half that game could have been 6 or 7 easily. He'll never forget that sinking feeling. We have shut up shop more than ever since then (the last 3 games excluded, because he's under pressure)

In the Prem now, with the big teams being shite, any of em can get done on their day. City were well beaten by Tottenham and Liverpool, and had lost 4 times in 13/14. Chelsea are a disgrace and get done by shite. That's the league we operate in now.

And I wonder if a manager new to the league like Guardiola might be ultra conservative too. You can see a bit of it in Klopp, in how insipid they have been in some games, especially at home. But for a foreign manager under huge pressure at these monster clubs in this weird league, you can see their thinking a bit
Proper good point, that. But is it fair to say LvG is under the same amount of pressure as he would be working under owners with an itchy trigger finger? He has plenty of room to manoeuvre with the Glazers. Limp into the top 4 and it's happy days.

What makes the negativity frustrating is that it seems wholly fucking unnecessary at times. Against what are essentially Championship teams for example.

With all the injuries as well now... the guy is just gonna become more and more negative until he explodes in a puff of pancakes and bong smoke before fucking off back to Amschterdaym.
Dosdamt
Star Man

3 years ago

The only difference between this rabble and the quality of football served up, versus a championship side, is the size of the wage bill
Felwin
First Teamer

3 years ago

I'm not sure a championship side would contrive to be as dull. It's actually a work of art how shit United are playing. LvG's magnum opus.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Felwin wrote:
Sid wrote:The 3-0 against Arsenal too. In the first half that game could have been 6 or 7 easily. He'll never forget that sinking feeling. We have shut up shop more than ever since then (the last 3 games excluded, because he's under pressure)

Proper good point, that. But is it fair to say LvG is under the same amount of pressure as he would be working under owners with an itchy trigger finger? He has plenty of room to manoeuvre with the Glazers. Limp into the top 4 and it's happy days.

What makes the negativity frustrating is that it seems wholly fucking unnecessary at times. Against what are essentially Championship teams for example.

With all the injuries as well now... the guy is just gonna become more and more negative until he explodes in a puff of pancakes and bong smoke before fucking off back to Amschterdaym.
Yeah tbf if he reached the Glazers targets he'll keep his job unlike more rash private owners who'll sack you for not gesticulating enough on the touchline

But also the United manager is under more pressure than Pelligrini and Mourinho because he doesn't have a pot of endless billions to dip into whenever he wants to freshen up the team, buy a new system, buy a plan B. He has to spend the money the club earns, which right now is a lot thanks to Fergie's legacy, but is entirely dependant on the club being successful. And success is results, not how entertained the fans are on matchday. It's winning games and trophies, and for many managers the least risky way is the best way.

The City manager, Chelsea manager just has to contend with keeping their jobs under the regime of idiot fucking tyrants. They don't have to consider the existence of the club because they will always have the financial muscle to be successful and compete for the top players. United don't have that luxury. We have to remain successful on the pitch to keep the money coming in. We'll always be rich like, but we could easily become Liverpool; a huge club with a decent turnover, but nowhere near enough to attract top players.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

At what point in the process\philosophy\waffle does van Gaal drop his trousers for the lads? Does he show his balls at a specific point or is it results based and have we reached that point yet?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit