Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

You are all a fucking pack of snidey cunts tbf, this stemmed from me saying that I'd said to my father, Rooneys been shite all season, it's a pity that he wasn't fit for the one game when th philosophy and rigid tactics were discarded and players had the freedom to try things and if Rooney was fit and playing, his performance tonight would have gone a long way to telling everyone whether he really is completely done or if there is still something left in the tank because other players who have been shite are being allowed to have a go.

I wasn't even saying anything positive or negative about Rooney, I was wondering if being able to play in that kitchen sink of a game might have shown us something or he might still be shite.


And look at all the following posts, I'm probably one of the youngest posters on here but you lot are like a pack of fuckin kids.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

The entire country implored him to play Rooney as a striker, from Shearer to exasperated fans on 606 to the entire British media to this forum. It was campaign get Wayne Rooney in his best position. Literally not a single person thought he was finished.

So it's not just Gaal, it's Giggs, the other staff, and the entire country.

So yeah on this one hindsight is a wonderful thing. However I do think he should have kept more strikers just to be on the safe side. Welbeck was fucking useless but he occupied defenders. And Hernandez is perfect for last minute goals. It's ultimately his fault we're light in that area. But he listens to the press, fans, to the opinion, the momentum, and reacts whether it's ditching 3 at the back, playing with 2 strikers or playing players in positions.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:You are all a fucking pack of snidey cunts tbf, this stemmed from me saying that I'd said to my father, Rooneys been shite all season, it's a pity that he wasn't fit for the one game when th philosophy and rigid tactics were discarded and players had the freedom to try things and if Rooney was fit and playing, his performance tonight would have gone a long way to telling everyone whether he really is completely done or if there is still something left in the tank because other players who have been shite are being allowed to have a go.

I wasn't even saying anything positive or negative about Rooney, I was wondering if being able to play in that kitchen sink of a game might have shown us something or he might still be shite.


And look at all the following posts, I'm probably one of the youngest posters on here but you lot are like a pack of fuckin kids.
Nah Redz, you make a fair point. But Rooney has played in games when we have been under pressure to attack like last night, and he's done fuck all.

It's a bit of an irrelevant point as well because if he can't do the basics expected from a footballer such as passing the ball 5 yards or even controlling it, then it doesn't matter if we're playing attacking or possession football - he'll be shite and hinder play.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Image

This image is doing the rounds in the rags. It's the classic 'manager about to be sacked' image. On his own, abandoned, head in his hands, trousers at half mast
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 16181
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

He's praying that the rest of us numbskulls see it the way you do Sid, you know that he's a foriegn tactical master whose possession based football is the only way forward cause you can't have excitement and quality football at the same time (the holy grail), and that all his buys and substitutions and player selections are pure genius right up until the whistle blows and then it's the players fault, they're not doing it right and that all those players, explayers, managers, exmanagers, reporters, commentators are all clueless and mostly probably English, so shit by default. and they know fuck all compared to him and Sid that rare thing, the non footballing professional keyboard warrior from Venice by the Bullring.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
madmax
Star Man
Posts: 587
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

just1n wrote:
madmax wrote:
just1n wrote:Martial is a better 9 and Mata is a better 10 than Rooney. And that's not just on current form. How is that LVG's fault?
He has sold RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck, Kagawa while adding only the 19 year old Martial for those 2 positions. Shouldn't judging Rooney's deterioration be part of his job?
If he can't judge his players, can't get his philosophy across in 18 months, can't get the player's motivated, can't get them to play his system or any system, can't identify feasible players for his system, what exactly is his job?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can't think of anyone on that list who we should have kept. Maybe Hernandez at a push.
No-one in the media saw Rooney's deterioration. Fuck, even players like Scholes think he should be in the current team. Even on here we were debating how Rooney is just going through his obligatory bad patch, but will come good.
The players looked pretty motivated last night. The youngsters are been given a chance. So we got knocked out of the CL. Players will learn from the experience and improve on it.
Even if Rooney had a phenomenal season, we still were a striker short. Which everyone and his dog had pointed out.A 19 year old Martial wasn't the answer.

Not just the attack our defence is not good too. Smalling turning out into a beast has helped but he doesnt have a decent partner. For a system that boasts on defending as a team De Gea having to make atleast two world class saves every match is just ridiculous. We should have got atleast one Central Defender which would have enabled us to attack more without shitting our pants when the opposition have the ball.

Agree regarding the young players. That's the only redeeming thing about LVG.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:He's praying that the rest of us numbskulls see it the way you do Sid, you know that he's a foriegn tactical master whose possession based football is the only way forward cause you can't have excitement and quality football at the same time (the holy grail), and that all his buys and substitutions and player selections are pure genius right up until the whistle blows and then it's the players fault, they're not doing it right and that all those players, explayers, managers, exmanagers, reporters, commentators are all clueless and mostly probably English, so shit by default. and they know fuck all compared to him and Sid that rare thing, the non footballing professional keyboard warrior from Venice by the Bullring.
You wake up in a bad mood and come on here and make wummy comments like this to start a fight

This has become a place for you to have a go at people and get out some impotent rage in your otherwise angsty and disappointing life

You rarely post anything decent anymore, it's all wummy shit that's looking for a fight
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Nah I have been wrong

And it's not a fight ffs it's a football forum full of middle aged men with a lot of misguided anger and too much times on their hands
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25725
Joined: 7 years ago

5 years ago

Image
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

5 years ago

madmax wrote:
just1n wrote:
madmax wrote:
just1n wrote:Martial is a better 9 and Mata is a better 10 than Rooney. And that's not just on current form. How is that LVG's fault?
He has sold RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck, Kagawa while adding only the 19 year old Martial for those 2 positions. Shouldn't judging Rooney's deterioration be part of his job?
If he can't judge his players, can't get his philosophy across in 18 months, can't get the player's motivated, can't get them to play his system or any system, can't identify feasible players for his system, what exactly is his job?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can't think of anyone on that list who we should have kept. Maybe Hernandez at a push.
No-one in the media saw Rooney's deterioration. Fuck, even players like Scholes think he should be in the current team. Even on here we were debating how Rooney is just going through his obligatory bad patch, but will come good.
The players looked pretty motivated last night. The youngsters are been given a chance. So we got knocked out of the CL. Players will learn from the experience and improve on it.
Even if Rooney had a phenomenal season, we still were a striker short. Which everyone and his dog had pointed out.A 19 year old Martial wasn't the answer.

Not just the attack our defence is not good too. Smalling turning out into a beast has helped but he doesnt have a decent partner. For a system that boasts on defending as a team De Gea having to make atleast two world class saves every match is just ridiculous. We should have got atleast one Central Defender which would have enabled us to attack more without shitting our pants when the opposition have the ball.

Agree regarding the young players. That's the only redeeming thing about LVG.
Rooney bad patch has been sting three seasons, the only reason he hasn't been sold is because of his reputation, United don't want him coming good at another Prem team and biting our arse.

I wish people would stop having a wankfest over Smalling, the bloke is still a non-league player, who is way out of his depth, he was left wanting three times against Wolsburg, completely lost in his own area, his positioning and awareness are shit.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Post Reply