Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah who's next on the bandwagon of hate, I actually said to my da earlier, fuck the one game we attack and attack because we are forced to, I'd like to have seen Rooney because you'd have known whether he was fully done or whether the stats affecting our other attackers when we play our usual shite that seem to not apply tonight because we had to try and play would have shown glimpses of the old Rooney
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

The bandwaggon of hate just blames Gaal doesn't it

I love how Rooney is allowed to put in dogshit performances and turn up to training with alcohol in his blood (asshming it's true), and Max and Redz side with Rooney. If it was Depay or Young who have both also been dogshit at times, you'd rightly be calling em out for it. But when it's Rooney it's oh I'm not surprised, I would too, bloody Gaal

Takes some doing to blame Gaal for Rooney being unprofessional tbf
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Redz, we got a taste of the Rooney of old tonight in Martial who scored a proper centreforwards goal

Played on the shoulder, ran in behind, class finish. His all round game was class again tonight too. Did the boring shit centreforwards have to do like hold it up, lay it off then make a run. But he also took players on, beat em, dribbled into the box, played one twos, had a few shots. Class fucking act.

Also pretty sure Rooney has played in the odd game when we have attacked like that, and done fuck all. There was that game earlier in the season when the BBC were counting his chances on the text updator thing to either prove or dispell the myth that he was literally getting no chances in games. He got 5 in that one, and shagged em all.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

We created a fair bit against West Ham. Had over 20 attempts on goal.

This is the problem right, you have a legit point but you stray too far from the truth. I know the footbal is shit so there's no need to generalise how bad we are, because some games are different to others. You can't make out like every game under Gaal has been 0-0 with no chances on goal.

I made out Martial played like Messi? No, again you're getting away from the truth. I said Martial played well as a centreforward. He did the basics and then some which is better than Rooney has done for us for a long time.

My other point is that Rooney gets special treatment. It's blatant. But maybe he's earned it.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

You sound like an idiot or someone on the payroll when you keep banging on about Rooney like that. Van Gaal has obviously fucked things up royally and looks like he needs to be replaced. But Rooney is still obviously shot, for reasons that have nothing to do with tactics. He's been shit for years ffs. But I guess you're one of those people that wants to say Van Gaal needs to be to added to Moyes, and Ferguson, and every England manage ever who has failed to release the Merseyside Messi hiding inside the fat scouse shitehouse
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Martial is a better 9 and Mata is a better 10 than Rooney. And that's not just on current form. How is that LVG's fault?
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

Rooney has been misfiring for the past four seasons, you can go that far back, he is for some reason undroppable when fit, even in the Fergie era that was the case. Really we should of let him go when he wanted to, and then let some other team have the issues we are having with him now.

I've never seen United spend anything like £300m on players before, even taking inflation into account, it's a lot of fucking money, and if all the players were bought on LVG's say so, then he must be shitting houses, it's just not being justified on the pitch.

We have a shit defence, I've been saying it for ages, the only thing that makes our defence look good is a certain Spaniard baling them out, Smalling is total shit, I've never seen him have a game where someone hasn't had to dig him out of a hole, his awareness is total crap, he seems totally surprised that an attacker dares to appear in the area !

Despite spending that £300m we still lack quality in the back four, Blind is not a CB, Rojo is not up to European football ..yet, and we all know about Shaw.

We also need a leader on the pitch, not fucking Smalling who throws his arms in the air and drops his head when we lose a throw in, that's non league shit, send the cunt back to Maidstone on a free.

LVG also needs to stop this training twice a day shit, I hate split shifts, so the players are likely to hate it too, FFS, go in train .. go home.... and get a defensive coach FFS.... it's not rocket science.

We've got quick players... not not fucking Young, .. we should be using the pace these young players have, width and pace, accurate crosses.. forget the posession shit... we need to get back to basics, .... attack as a team when you have the ball, defend as a team when you don't.... fuck this zonal crap.

Oh and leave the writing pad in the dressing room LVG, lets see some passion from you... then we might see a bit from the players

AND STOP BOLLOCKING THEM IN PUBLIC..................LEARN FROM FERGIE FFS !!!!
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
madmax
Star Man

5 years ago

just1n wrote:Martial is a better 9 and Mata is a better 10 than Rooney. And that's not just on current form. How is that LVG's fault?
He has sold RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck, Kagawa while adding only the 19 year old Martial for those 2 positions. Shouldn't judging Rooney's deterioration be part of his job?
If he can't judge his players, can't get his philosophy across in 18 months, can't get the player's motivated, can't get them to play his system or any system, can't identify feasible players for his system, what exactly is his job?
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

So, it looks like we're struggling to win games without Rooney in our team then. It shows how underrated Rooney is and how important he is to our squad.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

madmax wrote:
just1n wrote:Martial is a better 9 and Mata is a better 10 than Rooney. And that's not just on current form. How is that LVG's fault?
He has sold RVP, Hernandez, Wellbeck, Kagawa while adding only the 19 year old Martial for those 2 positions. Shouldn't judging Rooney's deterioration be part of his job?
If he can't judge his players, can't get his philosophy across in 18 months, can't get the player's motivated, can't get them to play his system or any system, can't identify feasible players for his system, what exactly is his job?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I can't think of anyone on that list who we should have kept. Maybe Hernandez at a push.
No-one in the media saw Rooney's deterioration. Fuck, even players like Scholes think he should be in the current team. Even on here we were debating how Rooney is just going through his obligatory bad patch, but will come good.
The players looked pretty motivated last night. The youngsters are been given a chance. So we got knocked out of the CL. Players will learn from the experience and improve on it.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]