Pogba?

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7317
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

To my mind, Pogba is a bit like Zidane, not because he's French, but because he's a proper midfielder with a lot of flair, rather than a number 10 type or a de Bruyne type who's more of a forward in an advanced midfield role. Proper central midfielders usually don't come into their prime until their mid 20s; people like Zidane, or Lampard for that matter, weren't really ace until the age of 25 or 26. By my memory anyway, I could be wrong.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4494
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:To my mind, Pogba is a bit like Zidane, not because he's French, but because he's a proper midfielder with a lot of flair, rather than a number 10 type or a de Bruyne type who's more of a forward in an advanced midfield role. Proper central midfielders usually don't come into their prime until their mid 20s; people like Zidane, or Lampard for that matter, weren't really ace until the age of 25 or 26. By my memory anyway, I could be wrong.
Good points....
If you look back in my Pogba thread I originally compared him to more of a Zidane type player....that was the views of him from a mate who watched him regularly live in Italy
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

If we can hold onto him, he's the player to build a transfer strategy around,(not that we'll do that, mind), build a team around... he could be at the centre of our midfield for the next 8/10 years...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7317
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:If we can hold onto him, he's the player to build a transfer strategy around,(not that we'll do that, mind), build a team around... he could be at the centre of our midfield for the next 8/10 years...
I concur.
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15876
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:Here's a decent-isa article on Pogba, stats and all:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Y27M ... ted-return


Whoscored give him a high rating, for whatever that's worth. They do make the point, which I think someone here has already pointed out, that if Zlatan's finishing were better Pogba would have several more assists.
Amazing I said that very same thing about Ibra and the chances Rooney provided him and nobody wanted to know but now you use the very same argument for Pogba. And your right, and by default so am I.

Why on the Prem fantasy league is he only 39th out of 230 midfielders? Capoue, Son, Zaha, Antonio, Alli, McArthur, Chadli and more all ahead of him.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:Here's a decent-isa article on Pogba, stats and all:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Y27M ... ted-return


Whoscored give him a high rating, for whatever that's worth. They do make the point, which I think someone here has already pointed out, that if Zlatan's finishing were better Pogba would have several more assists.
Amazing I said that very same thing about Ibra and the chances Rooney provided him and nobody wanted to know but now you use the very same argument for Pogba. And your right, and by default so am I.

Why on the Prem fantasy league is he only 39th out of 230 midfielders? Capoue, Son, Zaha, Antonio, Alli, McArthur, Chadli and more all ahead of him.
Because you don't score points for assists that aren't converted for one thing... if even half of the good chances he created were taken, he'd have a lot more points... but that's beside the point... you don't fuss about Miki, who couldn't even get a game until a couple weeks back, or Ibs who's missed nearly as many as he's scored, or Rooney for that matter, who I defend right along with you, but admit that until recently has been rubbish... but you fuss over Pogba, who's new and learning, and not tearing up the league, but doing well enough to deserve more patience...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Davel
Legend
Posts: 1180
Joined: 3 years ago

2 years ago

had his worst game tonite, he was playing in a different league (where I don't know)
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7317
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:Here's a decent-isa article on Pogba, stats and all:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Y27M ... ted-return


Whoscored give him a high rating, for whatever that's worth. They do make the point, which I think someone here has already pointed out, that if Zlatan's finishing were better Pogba would have several more assists.
Amazing I said that very same thing about Ibra and the chances Rooney provided him and nobody wanted to know but now you use the very same argument for Pogba. And your right, and by default so am I.
:)) :)) Seriously, man, you're becoming a parody of yourself! Look at the thread title!
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15876
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:Here's a decent-isa article on Pogba, stats and all:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Y27M ... ted-return


Whoscored give him a high rating, for whatever that's worth. They do make the point, which I think someone here has already pointed out, that if Zlatan's finishing were better Pogba would have several more assists.
Amazing I said that very same thing about Ibra and the chances Rooney provided him and nobody wanted to know but now you use the very same argument for Pogba. And your right, and by default so am I.
:)) :)) Seriously, man, you're becoming a parody of yourself! Look at the thread title!

:)) Look who started it and the date it was started. There weren't too many posts from all the people questioning my opinion on him back then. Back then they seemed like legitimate questions because we hadn't signed him, now? Now it's heresy to ask the same questions. At least my opinion has stayed the same, i haven't fallen in love like a teenage girl, "Ooooooh, i think I said he was like Zidane once." "No i think I was the first." ffs!

What's the problem with the thread title then? What's your point?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15876
Joined: 6 years ago

2 years ago

....... and, how am I becoming a parody of myself?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Post Reply