Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:Here's a decent-isa article on Pogba, stats and all:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Y27M ... ted-return

Whoscored give him a high rating, for whatever that's worth. They do make the point, which I think someone here has already pointed out, that if Zlatan's finishing were better Pogba would have several more assists.
Amazing I said that very same thing about Ibra and the chances Rooney provided him and nobody wanted to know but now you use the very same argument for Pogba. And your right, and by default so am I.

Why on the Prem fantasy league is he only 39th out of 230 midfielders? Capoue, Son, Zaha, Antonio, Alli, McArthur, Chadli and more all ahead of him.
Because you don't score points for assists that aren't converted for one thing... if even half of the good chances he created were taken, he'd have a lot more points... but that's beside the point... you don't fuss about Miki, who couldn't even get a game until a couple weeks back, or Ibs who's missed nearly as many as he's scored, or Rooney for that matter, who I defend right along with you, but admit that until recently has been rubbish... but you fuss over Pogba, who's new and learning, and not tearing up the league, but doing well enough to deserve more patience...
I'll fuss about Miki when he hits some bad form, it's hard to complain about a player who you don't see playing. He's doing well so far. I have complained about Ibra but he's scoring which is his job, he could be racking up better numbers given his chances and that would make a few of our players numbers look better. As for Rooney I think he's doing well in the last few games.
The main point of my post was the hypocrisy of Bman using the argument that if Ibra had scored the chances Pogba provided then Pogba's stats would be better, when i've been scorned for saying the same thing about Rooney.

As for Pogba he's doing ok and looks like he can be really good show me where i've said different. The fuss seems to be about his fee, i don't care about the money but i do care about the responsibility and pressure it brings.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
pint vulger
Legend

2 years ago

Lets be honest ,whilst I do believe that Pogba will eventually come good ,he has been bang average mainly ,pretty good and a tad unlucky very occasionaly ,shite a couple of times ,and fucking absolutely dog shit in the first half last night,second half he was option 1 , apart from the cute pass to Ibra.
Now for what is reported to be a world record transfer and an obscene wage packet it has not been good enough,us ,Jose,his teamates,and himself expected a lot lot lot x3 more.
Some of his decisions to drag back constantly and try to power is way through is baffling ,Paul it doesn't fucking work , worringly his passing and shooting in the first half last night wasnt even non league standard.
So come on kid get pass your man ,dont come back inside ,open up your legs and fire some fucking shots in aka Bobby Charlton,get your opponents on the back foot,all this flicking biz aint working.
So there you and HE has it, simples.
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Every time he flicks a ball up instead of hitting a normal pass everyone goes wooooaaaahhh, that's the difference between a ton mill and Herrera finding the same player with a normal pass.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

I went out last night and found a boyfriend and guess what? He's a stoner as well. So we got up this morning skinned up and thought, "what would piss Fub off today?" So we decided to re-up this thread again.

Give it a read thru, it's a good reminder of how things used to be on here.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

It's a shame Justin doesn't post anymore. The Harry and Pint bullying fucked him off. But now this place is better he should come back.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Pogba is now 26. So where is the anticipated greatness...?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Pogba is now 26. So where is the anticipated greatness...?
He's clearly a great talent. World class.... however, he doesn't seem to have the guts to produce it on a regular basis.... unfortunately.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

I’m confused - I thought I made that comment 2 years ago, so how come it’s now showing as 4 days ago...???
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
I’m confused - I thought I made that comment 2 years ago, so how come it’s now showing as 4 days ago...???
But two years ago he was 24? He's 26 now....... Weird. So you didn't post that post 4 days ago?
Steggo
Legend

1 month ago

Is he really injured?