Pogba?

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

So it seems we may be linked with Pogba from now until Real sign him, but is he really that good? Is he 80 mill worth? Does it matter that we had him and let him go? I've only seem him play about ten times and whilst he looked like a young Viera i don't think i've seen him running any games. I don't know enough about him to make any judgements but is there a chance he could turn out to be average? Or worse? I find it strange that even though we had him at United i know relatively little about him.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Look at the waves he's made in Italy... being touted at £70mill...

He's only 22...

I'd say he's pretty special...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 years ago

Fuck you Ferguson.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

He's sort of at the stage Hazard was at when Chelsea signed him (and we tried to sign him): already a good player in his own right, but obviously still getting better every day. Even if he never improved at all from the level he's at now, he'd still be a starter for a top club. He had 7 goals and 7 assists last season, but he's not one of these pure attacking midfielder types (like Mata or Silva), he's a proper central midfielder who does it all. Basically, he was exactly the player we were begging for in the last years of Ferguson's United, and we let him walk out the fucking door.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Rafael and Park looked like a good cm pairing, could have been the next Keane and Scholes tbf

No need to give actual cms who look the biz a chance
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

Maybe we should sign Allegri.....

I've watched all the videos on Youtube and remember some of the highlights but i also remember thinking he looked like he could be good but isn't near that or superstar status yet. That brings me to who his clips reminded me of and that's Nani, he had all the moves, tricks and touches, his highlights reel is sensational but we all know how that went. There was talk of him giving Ronaldo a run for his money.......

None of us have a Chrystal Ball and he may turn out to be the next Zidane but he's got some to go to be the CM we need straight away. We'd be buying top notch potential but a lot depends on him having the balls/brains for developing the potential.
Lazarus
Legend

4 years ago

dozer
Legend

4 years ago

He's spot on about Pogba being high maintenance.
Whoever signs hin can look forward to agent drama within a year.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

dozer wrote:He's spot on about Pogba being high maintenance.
Where did he say anything about Pogba being "high maintenance"?

And why is Scholes even writing an article about Pogba in the first place??? Aside from a bunch of bullshit press rumours, who's even suggesting we're looking to sign Pogba??? In fact who even thinks he's for sale???

There is a strong stink of company spin in that article, if you ask me...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

4 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
dozer wrote:He's spot on about Pogba being high maintenance.
Where did he say anything about Pogba being "high maintenance"?

And why is Scholes even writing an article about Pogba in the first place??? Aside from a bunch of bullshit press rumours, who's even suggesting we're looking to sign Pogba??? In fact who even thinks he's for sale???

There is a strong stink of company spin in that article, if you ask me...
Hmm I read this in a different link with just a few quotes from Scholes. It sounded a lot more negative there.