How good is De Gea?

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Who'll buy DDG and Pogba for large sums?
Who really cares what they sell for? Have you got an eye on something you'd like to buy with the profits? I'd rather we kept De Gea....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

It's a difficult one with De Gea now, because if he signs a new massive 4/5 year deal and continues to be shit, then we've shit out

But if he doesn't sign and goes to a new club and looks the bollocks again, we've shit out

This is when you need football people to make a football decision. They'll have all the stats on the cunt, and be on the ground with the cunt so they can say don't worry it's just a lack of concentration or whatever. But the absolute bottom line will be money, it will be how much do the Glazers want to spend on him. It's never a football decision anymore.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

...less modelling and more football focussed. Fuck the ad income; he needs to get his head back on proving he’s the world number 1.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

Goalkeepers are supposed to get better with age, aren't they? Even when they're well into their thirties.

He should, in theory, have his best years ahead of him. That said, my disappointment at him leaving would be offset if we had another de Gea 2.0 lined up somewhere (not that I have have any faith we do).

If we were to leave, what a fuck up it will have been from Woodward not to tie him down to another contract nice and early. Another fuck up from this useless twat. Everything he touches turns into shit.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

Maybe he’s just fucked off at having had to spend 3 years (and the rest) working his bollocks off to save the side when half the outfield side ponce about playing for themselves and not putting the hard yards. Then posing on Instagram and releasing clothing brands.
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

sheesh wrote:
4 months ago
Goalkeepers are supposed to get better with age, aren't they? Even when they're well into their thirties.

He should, in theory, have his best years ahead of him. That said, my disappointment at him leaving would be offset if we had another de Gea 2.0 lined up somewhere (not that I have have any faith we do).

If we were to leave, what a fuck up it will have been from Woodward not to tie him down to another contract nice and early. Another fuck up from this useless twat. Everything he touches turns into shit.
Cech and Lloris have declined since they turned 30
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Negotiating with PSG apparently
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

That's not a surprise. Good luck to him I hope he gets what he wants. Wonder will we miss him and spend years trying to replace him. Will Romero get a shot or will we appoint someone over him?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

PSG will give him a wedge and he’ll have a better shot at Champions League than here, but will he really be tested, be pushed? He’d be better off going back to Spain or Italy.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

No stress, there's a clutch of good keepers out there at the moment. Only issue is why they would want to join us...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...