Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
redzebs wrote:
dozer wrote:
redzebs wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:evans problem is hes a fanny, jones and massiveling problem is just injuries, rojos is hes shite tb,f clearly just any old cock who happened to be available and has a left foot, the new silvestre at best tbf

How is Evans a fanny
He's bullied off the ball easily for a defender.

He's not really though, he's being made culpable because he's got fuck all support and he's trying to cover other players, never heard any of this shite when he was playing with Vidic or Ferdinand

No Unc is right. Evans is a massive pussy, a sap of epic proportions.
Agree to disagree
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Is is by far our best CB. He consistently showed a level of quality in the 2011-12 & 2012-13 seasons that we've never seen from Smalling or Jones. The big question is whether he can step up to lead the defense, psychologically. I haven't given up on Jones because he's still so young, but right now he and Smalling look like your typical overrated and overpriced English lunks.
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:Is is by far our best CB. He consistently showed a level of quality in the 2011-12 & 2012-13 seasons that we've never seen from Smalling or Jones. The big question is whether he can step up to lead the defense, psychologically. I haven't given up on Jones because he's still so young, but right now he and Smalling look like your typical overrated and overpriced English lunks.

Evans is the only defender we have that gives out bollockings and sets he team up properly at set pieces, he's the only centre half who can carry the ball out from the back as well.

Hope Blackett gets another chance, Id definitley drop Shaw and play Rojo or Blackett at lb
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:Is is by far our best CB. He consistently showed a level of quality in the 2011-12 & 2012-13 seasons that we've never seen from Smalling or Jones. The big question is whether he can step up to lead the defense, psychologically. I haven't given up on Jones because he's still so young, but right now he and Smalling look like your typical overrated and overpriced English lunks.

Evans is the only defender we have that gives out bollockings and sets he team up properly at set pieces, he's the only centre half who can carry the ball out from the back as well.

Hope Blackett gets another chance, Id definitley drop Shaw and play Rojo or Blackett at lb
Is Evans our best defender? Of course he is.
But he's a bit of a pussy. It's not just this season, this was talked about almost every season - even during that Evansbauer season he had tbf.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

I'm not saying he's top class, I'm just saying he's shown more than the rest of our CBs have.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

He was also struggling with the 3 at the back system before. I think that Evans and Rojo could still make a decent CB pairing in a back 4, if they both stay fit. They both play the ball well and have the pace to play a high line. We're not going to have an airtight impenetrable back line like we did in the Rio-Vida days, but I think in the second half of the season we could at least establish a defense that is fairly tight but also adds a lot to our ball retention and all around attacking play. Then the challenge in the summer will be to find one or more new defenders that possess the same skill with the ball but add more defensive talent - a Rio-type player basically.

Of course our defense is such a disaster at the moment that I could see LVG going for someone like Vlaar in January -- he's a solid defender, but is not much use in possession.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

I wouldn't bother with any of Evans, Jones or Smalling as long term options because they can't stay fit.
Talent doesn't matter if they can't play and it's not like they're a bunch of Baresis.
McNair deserves his chance. We must also buy 25+ year old defenders who need not be great players but decent solid defenders with a good fitness record.
I like Rojo at centre back, he's very good at interceptions. Even Vidic struggled for 6 months. Rojo will improve hopefully. He's got what it takes.