this new keane book then

Manchester United chat
sheesh

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Fucking media whore, what a disappointment......... Fucking gossiping, cash grabbing, let down. I stuck by this fucker through thick and thin, when he walked out on McCarthy and Quinn i nearly came to blows over him. And now this shite. Roy you get one book and then walk away a hero! Whoops too late now........
I lost respect for him after he left United and he's just carried on mouthing off year after year. Not just twisting the knife into fergie but our own players (it made me uncomfortable when fergie did this himself in his own book). The man who complains about fergies lack of warmth privately rejoices when a player suffers a heart attack.

Great player, but as a man I loathe him. The stuff about class of 92 shows what a bitter prick he is. Those are just my two cents. I accept that I'm probably on my own in not liking the guy.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Bit of a gobshite now tbh, the kind of media/pundit gobshite he used to nail when he was a player

He's beginning to make a career out of slagging off Fergie

This book will make him millions
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Fucking media whore, what a disappointment......... Fucking gossiping, cash grabbing, let down. I stuck by this fucker through thick and thin, when he walked out on McCarthy and Quinn i nearly came to blows over him. And now this shite. Roy you get one book and then walk away a hero! Whoops too late now........
I lost respect for him after he left United and he's just carried on mouthing off year after year. Not just twisting the knife into fergie but our own players (it made me uncomfortable when fergie did this himself in his own book). The man who complains about fergies lack of warmth privately rejoices when a player suffers a heart attack.

Great player, but as a man I loathe him. The stuff about class of 92 shows what a bitter prick he is. Those are just my two cents. I accept that I'm probably on my own in not liking the guy.
hes spot on about the class of 92 being a brand tbf

becks is ironically the only one not living off it
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
sheesh wrote:

hes spot on about the class of 92 being a brand tbf

becks is ironically the only one not living off it
It's only really become a big thing since the players retired, did a film, opened a restaurant and set up a football team...which they're perfectly entitled to do. They are relatively young (compared to the average person who will probably end up working well into their 60s), have cash to burn and are best mates. Roy being Roy, he has to make an issue out of it. Another thing I'll say is that the club has never been able to recreate that quality batch of players coming through. If Roy has a problem with people going down the self publicity route, he shouldn't be a pundit.

I sided with fergie in the Roy v fergie saga but I understand why people sided with Roy. It's just the way he's carried on mouthing off everyone else after he's left which annoys me.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Keane is one to talk about brands ffs all players are brands, and the Keane brand stands out more than most

He'll be one of the most sought after pundits in football because he's won everything, he speaks English, he's respected and liked universally (the holy grail) and is known for being honest and straight up

His ITV contract will have been millions, easily
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

The best bit in the book will be the Sunderland players listening to ABBA before a match

Properly laughed at that
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Great player a legend on the pitch but a right cunt on and off it. But he's a footballer! Since when are they proper role models. If some rich overpaid athlete is your idol then you need a reality check.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Laughed like fuck at this...

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

Bit cruel on Red Nev, but that is funny as fuck!
Calvino
Reserves

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:

Sheesh you have me for company. I absolutely hate the idiot now. Worshipped him as a player. Almost passed out when I heard he had been sacked by the club. His name I use in every possible way as passwords online but now he might as well be dead.

Uses every opportunity to slag Manchester United off. I am sorry, I can never accept that from anyone who we all supported so fully during his explosive periods at the club and takes so many potshots at United. No bloody well. He can go to hell. He should take Knobby with him on his way there. Tool.