this new keane book then

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

some cunt post up the extracts so we can agree with his assessments of taggart and gobby soft twats like neville, and that ron is fucking great
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Roy Keane wrote:ROY KEANE’S FINAL days as a Manchester United player were one war-of-words after another, according to his new book The Second Half which will be released this week.

Today, the Daily Express posted a sneak peak of one of the book’s highlights: Keane’s account of the fall-out from his now infamous never-to-be-aired 2005 MUTV interview and the argument with coach Carlos Queiroz that appeared to force Alex Ferguson into pushing the Corkman out the door.

Keane famously turned Queiroz’ question of loyalty back on the Portuguese coach, saying: “You left this club after 12 months a few years ago for the Real Madrid job. Don’t you dare question my loyalty.”

From there however, it would seem that Keane could not hold his tongue any longer. Keane raised the prospect of mixing up the squad’s training routine. And after Queiroz protested that players instead needed repetition, the Express report:
“Keane replied by asking him if he always made love to his wife in the same position.”

That’s when Ferguson stopped the argument, but Keane would not to be hushed:
“You as well gaffer. We need fucking more from you. We need a bit more, gaffer. We’re slipping behind other teams.”

Edwin Van Der Sar, who had just joined the club the previous June was, according to Keane, the only player to object to his scathing assertions on MUTV by suggesting a ‘different tone’ might have been taken.
Keane’s response?
“Edwin, why don’t you shut the fuck up? You’ve been at this club for two minutes and you’ve done more interviews than I’ve done in my 12 years. It was MUTV – I had to do it.”

Two days after the meeting when Keane was summoned (via his agent Michael Kennedy) to a meeting with Ferguson and chief executive David Gill. The club captain knew his fate was as good as sealed: “They’re going to try and get rid of me.”
However, he was still shocked at how prepared Gill, Ferguson and the club were for the parting of the ways, illustrated by a prepared written statement that was ready to go before Keane had been told his future.
“They had it all ready. It was another little hand grenade they threw at me. Not an hour later, or two hours, or after the severance negotiations – it was already written.”
Quality line that.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Pfft...

Another waste of good paper...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
zzzzzds
First Teamer

5 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:The word "Legend" is thrown around far too frivolously these days.

Roy, our leader, our captain,thank you for everything.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 42991.html
Totally agree Max. Whether he went too far or not, he did it because he cared for the club. If I had to choose between him or Taggart as the main reason for United's success during the nineties and early 2000's I'd have to go for Keano. We've never really been able to replace him.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Fucking media whore, what a disappointment......... Fucking gossiping, cash grabbing, let down. I stuck by this fucker through thick and thin, when he walked out on McCarthy and Quinn i nearly came to blows over him. And now this shite. Roy you get one book and then walk away a hero! Whoops too late now........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Perspective Laz! This ain't about the money. As oppose to Taggart who rehashed a few to bump up the bank balance but clearly didn't need it. And to slate ex United players like Keane, Stam, Ince, Nistelrooy, all legends in their time at the club was nothing short of disgraceful. All too convenient that he never mentioned trying to sue the owners of the club over some horse jizz that dragged on through the courts for almost two years, again!! all about obtaining more money.

Nicely swerved the fact the BBC had him bang to rights over his son threatening young players at the club to sign on with his agency or leave? Which was thoroughly illegal. Taggart always maintained the mantra that nobody was bigger than the club. But what he really meant was nobody could be bigger than him. To perform hatchet jobs on players like he has on a number of occasions is in all honesty unforgivable. And its no coincidence that the amount of respect he gained as a manager from fellow pro's has dwindled massively, certainly in his last couple of seasons and from then on. There was absolutely no need to make the remarks he made in those books, but again, all about money. "Cash grabbing" and "media whore". This guy licensed it!!
Can't agree more Max. I'm loving this. Hopefully more people will hear about the horse saga which has been well and truly trivialised by the Fergie media machine.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Perspective Laz! This ain't about the money. As oppose to Taggart who rehashed a few to bump up the bank balance but clearly didn't need it. And to slate ex United players like Keane, Stam, Ince, Nistelrooy, all legends in their time at the club was nothing short of disgraceful. All too convenient that he never mentioned trying to sue the owners of the club over some horse jizz that dragged on through the courts for almost two years, again!! all about obtaining more money.

Nicely swerved the fact the BBC had him bang to rights over his son threatening young players at the club to sign on with his agency or leave? Which was thoroughly illegal. Taggart always maintained the mantra that nobody was bigger than the club. But what he really meant was nobody could be bigger than him. To perform hatchet jobs on players like he has on a number of occasions is in all honesty unforgivable. And its no coincidence that the amount of respect he gained as a manager from fellow pro's has dwindled massively, certainly in his last couple of seasons and from then on. There was absolutely no need to make the remarks he made in those books, but again, all about money. "Cash grabbing" and "media whore". This guy licensed it!!
Of course it's about money... yeah it's great to see him outing Ferguson for the self serving cunt that he is... but let's be honest here... he didn't need a book to do that, did he?

Could have just gone to the press and done an interview or 2 and told the truth... but no... let's put it all together into a book, and promote the fuck out of it, make sure everyone knows how "explosive" it's going to be...

Keane will make a good few bob from this, don't worry about that...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... versy.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html

Some serialisation in the links above. He's clearly a bitter cunt, but some of what he says about Ferguson and the club is bang on the money.

One bit that's absolutely still relevant:

‘Not liking a manager can never be an excuse for not going out and doing your best. Looking at what happened to David Moyes, I can only conclude that he didn’t have a strong dressing room. He had a weak dressing room.’

It still applies. We have no leaders, no character as a side now. With characters like Keane, you accept there'll be fireworks internally, but you deal with it because the drive they show on the pitch is what helps you win stuff, and when the chips are down they get their bollocks out and battle when its needed.
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Of course it's about money... yeah it's great to see him outing Ferguson for the self serving cunt that he is... but let's be honest here... he didn't need a book to do that, did he?

Could have just gone to the press and done an interview or 2 and told the truth... but no... let's put it all together into a book, and promote the fuck out of it, make sure everyone knows how "explosive" it's going to be...

Keane will make a good few bob from this, don't worry about that...
Spot the fuck on.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Keane's doing whatever it takes to sell his book, fair play tbf.
All he has to do is rant at important people in his book and it'll sell.
Look at Scholes' book, I don't think he had a go at anyone. It's the most boring autobiography I've ever read.

Zlatan's autobiography however has to be the most entertaining out there by a mile. No unnecessary ranting or bitterness. He just writes his heart out.