Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Well said, but I wouldn't stick DDG in the reserves just to be vindictive. Make him play out his contract. We get a good season out of him hopefully; Real are forced to wait and have an issue to deal with next season when the fans react to not having either Casillas or DDG; and DDG gets the move he wants but to our timetable. He's got two choices really - play to his full ability and thereby secure his national team place. Or he sulks, we put him in the reserves, and he puts his national team place at risk.
What he cost us doesn't really come into the equation - it's a sunk cost. What counts is whether we get a good season out of him. That's all, if you ask me.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I think that's bullshit to be honest Alf. Games from the Spanish press. That said, Van Gaal is fucking bonkers, so you never know.
That's more or less the way I see it as well... Spanish press are always willing to promote complete bullshit to help Real fuckin Madreeed... but... Van Gall is just as daft as Ferguson in a lot of ways...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:If Rooney did his metatarsal tomorrow, we have one recognised forward in Wilson
What do we need forwards for??
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:Well said, but I wouldn't stick DDG in the reserves just to be vindictive. Make him play out his contract. We get a good season out of him hopefully; Real are forced to wait and have an issue to deal with next season when the fans react to not having either Casillas or DDG; and DDG gets the move he wants but to our timetable. He's got two choices really - play to his full ability and thereby secure his national team place. Or he sulks, we put him in the reserves, and he puts his national team place at risk.
What he cost us doesn't really come into the equation - it's a sunk cost. What counts is whether we get a good season out of him. That's all, if you ask me.
Did you see his performance against PSG?

Sounds to me like his head isn't in it for United anymore...

Goal keepers have to be 100% tuned in and focussed... you can't have them standing between the posts, sulking and mopey because they didn't get their way???

I'm with Bernie all the way... Mendes is a very powerful agent, but he doesn't represent every player... if United aspires to be the richest, most powerful club in football, then they have to start acting like it...

De Gea to the reserves, Real and Mendes on the shit list... Perez called United a "friend"... respond to that with, "no we're fuckin not, and we won't be dealing with Madrid, except in hostility until those fuckers learn some respect"...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

danniitronix wrote:
redzebs wrote:This thread is worse than when we never signed a midfielder for 6 seasons tbf

The conspiracy theories from off topic and have leaked into the main forum and its causing people to lose the plot.
:ymapplause:

No. %-(
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

My view is we need to clean house...

Id rather we lost DDG and ADM now and worry about the players who want to be there and make the necessary additions...
We have wasted the whole summer yet again bumming and blowing about how big a club we are (Woody) and yet will end it with an unhappy GK and losing last years big marquee signing ...
What have we gained? An old Schweini (helping Bayern to land Vidal) and Schnederlein who was an easy signing from S'hampton...
We have managed to get rid of a lot of shit players- Nani, Anderson etc- we need to get rid of DDG...
Last thing we need is a year of Soap Opera drama involving DDG and Real...
Let's just start again without him and focus on making a good squad of players for the next few years.
He way it's going we are going to end LVGs reign as bad as we started
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Eric7
Youth Teamer

5 years ago

Regarding DDG, I think we should keep him and let him go for free next year for 5 reasons - (1) he strikes me as a thoroughly professional player - even though he's keeping his options open I don't see him huffing (one bad pre-season game a primadonna does not make); (2) a DDG at 80% is still a hell of a lot better than what we have in reserve (IMO); (3) there don't appear to be any obvious candidates to replace him right now; (4) if we do actually mount a serious challenge this season then I'm sure he'll buckle down out of sheer desire to win something (it's only if we flounder that I can see him struggling mentally); (5) fuck Real Madrid!

I'm baffled as to why we haven't signed a CB though - if I was in charge I would've instructed Evans' agent to find him a new club and sent Jones off on loan to see if (a) he can stay fit for 10 consecutive games; and (b) perform to a consistently high standard.

Glad to see the back to Mary as well - if it weren't for the fact that the money is coming out of the Glazers' pockets I would insist that he buy out his contract to compensate us for the difference between what we paid and the re-sale value. Little prick.

We really need another attacker though - Lewandowski would be my pick. Wasn't guaranteed a spot at Bayern last year and sure can finish!
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

The last two summers were total cockups in several ways, but at the moment I think I would say that The Woodward and Van Gaal have been doing quite well this summer, considering the realities they have to deal with. DDG and ADM want to leave, and the reality of player power these days makes it hard to do much other than try to get a good price for them. At the same time, there's just a massive shortage of top class CBs or forwards out there that don't already play for one of the giant clubs. The players we have bought look like they'll improve the first team noticeably, we bought them early, and we paid pretty keen prices for them.

Let's see how the window ends. If we let DDG and ADM go without at least one big time signing, it will be a bit shit. It does seem like we're willing to pull the trigger on a big signing, so some club out there might cave in before the window closes and grasp our filthy lucre.

Right now though, assuming ADM goes, our net spend is only something like £15M ... So shut your stupid trap, Jose.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

More rumblings at Bayern? Just read an article claiming that Guardiola has said he thinks he might not be the right person for Bayern. Only in the local paper, but it is pretty good quality and plays it pretty straight with the footie comments.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote: Right now though, assuming ADM goes, our net spend is only something like £15M ... So shut your stupid trap, Jose.
Now that's a really interesting stat bman. So we still have something like £135M to play with? CR7? Bale? Muller?