Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Twisted Blood
First Teamer
Posts: 342
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:Would be a bit gutted if we sold Di Maria after just one season...

Am not convinced by Cavani and at 28 he might only have 4 top years in him max - bound to cost us at shitload, probably £45m, maybe we could get him for nearer 35-40m. If we do then the only hope is we play 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as 10., flanked by Di Maria and Depay/Mata, behind Cavani up top - and that he can become better away from Ibrahimovic's shadow...

Lacazette would be better value, being that much younger too...
Totally agree. ADM may be the 4th or 5th best player in the world right now. If he leaves United, it's a huge drop in quality for us. Gaitan' agent has been flogging him to United for years, maybe even back to Fergie's time. Don't believe it. LvG has got to be worried about squad turnover at this point. 2 new faces in defense (hopefully) 2 in midfield and possibly 2 up front? AND a new keeper! FFS.......
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:
urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:Would be a bit gutted if we sold Di Maria after just one season...

Am not convinced by Cavani and at 28 he might only have 4 top years in him max - bound to cost us at shitload, probably £45m, maybe we could get him for nearer 35-40m. If we do then the only hope is we play 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as 10., flanked by Di Maria and Depay/Mata, behind Cavani up top - and that he can become better away from Ibrahimovic's shadow...

Lacazette would be better value, being that much younger too...
Totally agree. ADM may be the 4th or 5th best player in the world right now. If he leaves United, it's a huge drop in quality for us. Gaitan' agent has been flogging him to United for years, maybe even back to Fergie's time. Don't believe it. LvG has got to be worried about squad turnover at this point. 2 new faces in defense (hopefully) 2 in midfield and possibly 2 up front? AND a new keeper! FFS.......
Turnover doesn't matter when the majority of your team is shit, and the rest are getting too old... it needs to be done...

The problem is cost... we need this big investment because we haven't maintained the team over the past 10 years... so now we need a thorough overhaul... but we'll still need to invest next year and every year to maintain a high level...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4515
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

dozer wrote:
spektarm wrote:Love how in Dozer's line-up, Fellaini is the only midfielder who is certain to play in his position... :))
We could even have a fancy term if it clicks.

Schmidfieldini.
Perhaps not, actually.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7558
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

This article, which apparently is a reprint from the Telegraph, says that we are paying Schweini 250k/week, Schneider + Depay 150k each, and Darmian 100k. I'm more than a little skeptical about that, those are serious wages and Woodward has been good so far at driving a good deal for the transfer fee for these signings. I don't see why he'd drag out a transfer negotiation over a couple of million quid if those are the salaries he'll be giving the players each week for the next four years.

I'd say Schweini is getting a thick wedge, but the other numbers look high given the age, stature, and prior earnings of the players concerned.

I mean, it could be true. But I really doubt that Schweinsteiger + Schneiderlin + Depay + Darmian are collectively being paid more per week than Van Persie, Falcao, and Nani. Bollocks, I'd say there's a big saving on wages for the club there.
Last edited by bman2 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4515
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

German press have reported Schweini is on 140k a week. Would Be very surprised if it was 250k.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7558
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

swampash wrote:German press have reported Schweini is on 140k a week. Would Be very surprised if it was 250k.
That sounds more like it. That's probably twice what he was getting at Bayern as it is. And Darmian? I'd say he was on 10-20k a week at his Italian club. No way we raised that to 100k ffs.

10-20k euro, too.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

If and only if ADM wants to leave then maybe the cavani swap would work. I do think it'll be difficult to make that sort of deal and I think we should give ADM another year.

Yes he'd cost a lot but so would Kane or Lacazette or Higuain. Swap deal yes but £50m for him nope.
zzzzzds
First Teamer
Posts: 327
Joined: 5 years ago

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Hands (no pun intended) up whos came at least once over recent activity, it's like Christmas Day on here only with cum
I think you're being a bit premature there zebs ..... hopefully this is just a bit of foreplay before the main event... :D
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5464
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
swampash wrote:German press have reported Schweini is on 140k a week. Would Be very surprised if it was 250k.
That sounds more like it. That's probably twice what he was getting at Bayern as it is. And Darmian? I'd say he was on 10-20k a week at his Italian club. No way we raised that to 100k ffs.

10-20k euro, too.
They're saying Darmian's on 50k in Italy but they sometimes report wages after tax in Europe.
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Legend
Posts: 1017
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Cavani, Lewandowski, Muller - fuck me, craic's great in the papers these days
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Post Reply