Page 862 of 1852

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm
by swampash
bman2 wrote:I think we might really end up with the following starting line-up:

Depay -- Cavani -- Gaitan
Schweini -- Herrera
Carrick
Blind -- Smalling -- Otamendi -- Darmian
GK??


Which is an absurd turnover of players in a single transfer window, but it does look like it's going that way. It's also feasible if we assume the club is willing to spend 100-150M net. I'd be much less enthusiastic about the forward area than the midfield and defensive signings, but it would probably be effective, and it's true that the current bunch of Rooney-Mata-Di Maria--Young has not been working in spite of how much I like some of those players.
You wouldn't field Schneiderlin then? You wouldn't go Schneiderlin, Schweini, Herrera in midfield?

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:05 pm
by Sid

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm
by dozer
DDG
Darmian, New CB, Rojo, Blind/Young
Schneiderlin/Herrera, Carrick/Steiger, Fellaini
Di Maria/Mata --- New Striker ------ Depay/Young

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:18 pm
by bman2
swampash wrote:
bman2 wrote:I think we might really end up with the following starting line-up:

Depay -- Cavani -- Gaitan
Schweini -- Herrera
Carrick
Blind -- Smalling -- Otamendi -- Darmian
GK??


Which is an absurd turnover of players in a single transfer window, but it does look like it's going that way. It's also feasible if we assume the club is willing to spend 100-150M net. I'd be much less enthusiastic about the forward area than the midfield and defensive signings, but it would probably be effective, and it's true that the current bunch of Rooney-Mata-Di Maria--Young has not been working in spite of how much I like some of those players.
You wouldn't field Schneiderlin then? You wouldn't go Schneiderlin, Schweini, Herrera in midfield?
Yeah maybe. Schweinsteiger and Carrick might not be physical enough to play together. Whichever combination works best. I see Schneiderlin as Carrick's successor, but we might want to developing his passing game a bit more before he's ready to take over as the main man.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:29 pm
by spektarm
Love how in Dozer's line-up, Fellaini is the only midfielder who is certain to play in his position... :))

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:32 pm
by Count Jackson
De Gea/Valdes

Damian/Valencia Smalling/Jones Rojo/McNair Shaw/Blackett

Schneiderlin/Carrick Schweinsteiger/Blind

Depay/Mata Herrera/Fellaini Di Maria/Januzaj

Rooney/Wilson

In my humble opinion as we stand.

Not a big fan of Fellaini to be honest, I'd prefer Herrera or Mata in the 10 role but I think Van Gaal will stick with Mata on the flanks due to his "I found his position in the team" statement last season.

I hope Wilson gets a good opportunity this season too. I'm lucky enough to live near Leigh Sports Village where our U21's play most their home games and seeing him first hand... he's a nightmare to play against, never gives defenders a rest and he's a born goal scorer. I still think we should buy another striker though. Just Rooney and Wilson won't cut it playing 60 games a season, especially if one gets injured.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:58 pm
by dozer
spektarm wrote:Love how in Dozer's line-up, Fellaini is the only midfielder who is certain to play in his position... :))
We could even have a fancy term if it clicks.

Schmidfieldini.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm
by Pikey McScum
Mental to think only days ago I was beginning to despair about lack of incomings, but fuck me - look at this thread now!

Cavani, Higuain, meh, either will do I suppose

Gaitan? Aye sure why not!

Spend spend spend Ed ye wee Penfold looking cunt!!!!!

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:16 pm
by dozer

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:22 pm
by Alfonso Bedoya
Pikey McScum wrote:Mental to think only days ago I was beginning to despair about lack of incomings, but fuck me - look at this thread now!

Cavani, Higuain, meh, either will do I suppose

Gaitan? Aye sure why not!

Spend spend spend Ed ye wee Penfold looking cunt!!!!!
I've not seen Cavani do anything to get excited about... he's supposed to be the business, but I've never seen it... Higuain will cost £60+mill...

Give me Lacazette and Otamendi and let's get on with the new season...

That assumes Di Maria and De Gea stay...