Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Doesn't seem all that special on the ball but should be a significant upgrade defensively on Carrick/Blind. Almost makes CBs less of a priority.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

I think Schneiderlin is an excellent signing. You only have to look at how good Lovren looked with a proper DM in front of him at Southampton and the joke of a player he looked without a DM in front of him at Pool.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

5 years ago

PSG in for Di Maria at 47-49 million. I'm sensing a Cavani deal here a la Ramos and DDG. I don't like it. It's too soon to quit on ADM. With Schwein and Schneid in the fold, there's a solid base to allow a luxury player like ADM to thrive, kind of like Matic and Fabregas let Hazard do his thing. I really hate the idea of spending 60 mil on a striker. Muller maybe......
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Fucking hell, and just like that, we suddenly have an embarrassment of riches in midfield. OK Carrick and Schweinsteiger are getting on, but they are still two of the most effective midfielders in Europe, and Herrera and Schneiderlin are both very fine players who look like they're on the cusp of of breaking through to the next level. All four have very complementary styles and qualities too, it's a great quartet to choose from, plus we've Pereira as a promising young creative player and Fellaini, who's shown that he's a useful player. That's some fierce competition for 3 spots, without even considering that one of our attacking players like Di Maria or Mata could well claim a midfield berth for themselves.

The "what if" of Pogba's absence will still gnaw at me for a long time to come, but fuck me, we've got an enviable midfield all of a sudden. I feel sorry for Carrick who laboured on with dross like Anderson and Cleverley for so long, and is only now getting a chance to properly shine with decent partners in the twilight of his career. If he's fit for most of the coming season, with schweini-herrera-schneidi alongside him, a lot of people are going to have to belatedly admit his quality.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:PSG in for Di Maria at 47-49 million. I'm sensing a Cavani deal here a la Ramos and DDG. I don't like it. It's too soon to quit on ADM. With Schwein and Schneid in the fold, there's a solid base to allow a luxury player like ADM to thrive, kind of like Matic and Fabregas let Hazard do his thing. I really hate the idea of spending 60 mil on a striker. Muller maybe......
PSG can go fuck themselves. Feeding the newspapers a steady line of bullshit all year long because they couldn't get their man when it actually mattered, now they want him for less than we already paid for him? The only reason anyone gives a shit about them is their money, because in spite of their absurd wealth they still struggle to win their mickey mouse league each season. They're the bargain bin Bayern. So they could at least have the sense to bandy a decent price for him.

If they threw in Marquinhos and Moura there might be a discussion worth having. Otherwise, unless Woody has an angle on someone like Bale or Griezmann, Di Maria is a record signing with no available replacement and three years to run on his contract, so I don't see any motivation for United to consider selling him unless it's for fuck off money.
madredmonkey
Legend

5 years ago

Things are moving along nicely now, still need a center back and striker, but looking good.
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

madredmonkey wrote:Things are moving along nicely now, still need a center back and striker, but looking good.
And a goal keeper. I'm skeptical that we'll sign another really exciting forward because I just don't see who's out there, but if we go ahead and sign one of Otamendi or Ramos, plus a good GK, this will be objectively an amazing summer transfer wise. The best the club has ever had?

Woodward should lock down Otamendi and the GK, then he can spend August make low-likelihood of success bids for big ticket forward like Muller, Kane, or Griezmann (or Bale, if that's even remotely still on the cards). It will be purely a bonus if any of them work out, and probably wouldn't happen until the close of the window craziness anyway.

As things stand, I could well see us lacking for firepower this coming season if Rooney doesn't have a vintage and virtually injury-free year, but otherwise we'll be a slick operation.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Icardi scored 22 last year and he'll be half the price of Kane. Think he'd suit van Gaal as well.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
madredmonkey wrote:Things are moving along nicely now, still need a center back and striker, but looking good.
And a goal keeper. I'm skeptical that we'll sign another really exciting forward because I just don't see who's out there, but if we go ahead and sign one of Otamendi or Ramos, plus a good GK, this will be objectively an amazing summer transfer wise. The best the club has ever had?

Woodward should lock down Otamendi and the GK, then he can spend August make low-likelihood of success bids for big ticket forward like Muller, Kane, or Griezmann (or Bale, if that's even remotely still on the cards). It will be purely a bonus if any of them work out, and probably wouldn't happen until the close of the window craziness anyway.

As things stand, I could well see us lacking for firepower this coming season if Rooney doesn't have a vintage and virtually injury-free year, but otherwise we'll be a slick operation.
Saw Ramos on tour with Real in Australia. With him in Down Under and DDG in the States, that deal looks to be off. Otamendi then and then I like your plan of seeing if August delivers a low probability signing up front. Not really loving Griezmann. In a 4-3-3, do we need four strikers anyway? For a front three, is choosing 3 from Roon, ADM, Young, Mata, Adnan, and Wilson that bad? It's 2 players for every slot which is what LvG seems to be shooting for. Hell, Chelsea got by with basically Costa and Drogba last year. Remy never got a sniff......
lars072
Legend

5 years ago

Wow I'm surprised we got Schneiderlin too. Great signings but it'll all be for not if we can't get a top CB. I also think a few mor players will be moving on. ADM might be surys to req and Januzaj could be loaned out. What happens to Rafael, fellIaini AY Valencia and Evans?