Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

madmax wrote:Why does it matter how much we spend on any player? It's not like the fans are going to get the benefit of the saved money if we spend less. It's not even going to get reinvested in the squad. If anything, it's only going to reduce the amount going into the Glazers' pocket by a tiny bit. Fellaini is a very average player and if he is the only midfielder we are going to buy, it does concern me. But I don't give a damn if we pay 60 million for him.
Fair point. However, there is a knock-on effect. Look at the overpriced dreck we've currently got in the squad: Nani, Anderson, Valencia and Young between cost around £68million (based on speculated transfer fees, since all were "undisclosed"). Now to use Anderson as an example, since he seems to be to worst of the underachievers, he cost a speculated £17million (probably more if you include add-ons), and has spent 6 years promising much but delivering very little. If he'd been signed as a free transfer or for some menial sum, he'd have been shown the door after a year or two at most, but when you pay that much on a single player, there's a mentality of persisiting with them in desperate hope of justifying the financial outlay. I'm not saying it'd be the same situation with Fellaini, assuming we're even interested at all, but you'd have to assume Moyes would be under greater pressure to persist with him for longer the higher his fee, especially since the Glazers situation has minimised our margin of error on transfer fees.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

Berbatov was only at United for 4 years and the last year he barely played. Cost £30m.

By the sounds of it, Moyes takes a lot of time scouting his players. He won't have had time to scout any players of United quality so he's just been going after proven, established players so far. Probably not comfortable going after the more expensive younger players as he won't know much about them. Guess that makes a Fellaini signing more likely too.
sheesh

7 years ago

Looks like we're no longer interested in Baines:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ev ... 98522.html
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

The Baines shite was probably to give Evra a kick up the arse / in the face, like Buttner
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

madmax wrote:Why does it matter how much we spend on any player? It's not like the fans are going to get the benefit of the saved money if we spend less. It's not even going to get reinvested in the squad. If anything, it's only going to reduce the amount going into the Glazers' pocket by a tiny bit. Fellaini is a very average player and if he is the only midfielder we are going to buy, it does concern me. But I don't give a damn if we pay 60 million for him.
The problem though, is that we aren't competing for the top players, simply because we won't pay more than they're worth.

If a players value is £30mill, then the Glazers might, (if they've recently been laid) cough up... but if any other team shows an interest, then demand raises the price... and the Glazers slam the door shut...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:Looks like we're no longer interested in Baines:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ev ... 98522.html
Everton won't be reasonable on the price... their prerogative... and Baines won't push for the move, so it's sensible to drop out... at his age, any more than £12mill is too much.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Pikey McScum
Legend

7 years ago

How we've gotten to 27 pages in this thread is beyond me
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

7 years ago

Pikey McScum wrote:How we've gotten to 27 pages in this thread is beyond me

Easy, we're always getting teased with worldclass signings then nothing....
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Pikey McScum
Legend

7 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Pikey McScum wrote:How we've gotten to 27 pages in this thread is beyond me

Easy, we're always getting teased with worldclass signings then nothing....
What the fuck is Fellaini then?
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Violent Banana
Reserves

7 years ago

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE, the Telegraph, among others, are reporting we're lining up a new bid for Cesc Fabregas, around £40m.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... layer.html

Can't imagine how this one will play out...