Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
jason_uk
First Teamer

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:
3 months ago
It's hard to see what it will take for these owners and useless board to get out.
Nothing will.. maybe relegation, or 10-15 seasons with no cups/top 10 trophies, resulting in drop in commercial, drop in attendance etc etc which actually impacts their bottom line, at which point they can sell it on, and probably make onr final tidy sum to ensure the next 10 generations of glazers are sorted.

None of which is very likely, ppl will continue to line their pockets with replica shirts and merc, they are here to stay.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
In-keeping with the incompetence at United, we almost fucked up selling Smalling to Roma

Chris Smalling’s transfer to Roma is complete. “The paperwork to the Italian FA was lodged with a minute to spare,” reports Jamie Jackson. “The price is 15 million euros plus add-ons.” The latest drama of an extremely busy day at Old Trafford.

They had all summer to do this deal but they left it to the last minute and nearly fucked it up

The onus is on the buying club to do the deal.
We shouldn't get rid of players for cheap, that's the right move.
I'm glad we didn't buy Sancho for 80+ million. No more galactico signings. We're shit at galactico signings.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Do we have two weeks to sign a player from any English club? Or just championship clubs?
Just the football League. So Championship and below. But I believe we only have until end of today (Tuesday) to register players for our CL squad. So if we want Sarr, it’ll likely be today or not at all.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Do we have two weeks to sign a player from any English club? Or just championship clubs?
Just the football League. So Championship and below. But I believe we only have until end of today (Tuesday) to register players for our CL squad. So if we want Sarr, it’ll likely be today or not at all.
Oh ok, thanks. The other clubs in the group will be watching in anxious terror then.

I see we’ve agreed to pay 40M euros for this Amad Dialo, for him to come in January. That’s interesting, that’s quite an investment in an 18 year old unknown to the general public. If we’ve chosen well, we’ve stepped in before an outfit like Dortmund gets him and makes him a hot commodity. Which is what we’re always asking the club to do. So it’ll be interesting. At least he’s left footed.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Oh ok, thanks. The other clubs in the group will be watching in anxious terror then.

I see we’ve agreed to pay 40M euros for this Amad Dialo, for him to come in January. That’s interesting, that’s quite an investment in an 18 year old unknown to the general public. If we’ve chosen well, we’ve stepped in before an outfit like Dortmund gets him and makes him a hot commodity. Which is what we’re always asking the club to do. So it’ll be interesting. At least he’s left footed.
Tha'ts 20m up front and the remaining as bonuses. I'm assuming that if he meets the criteria, he;s done well.
I like such deals.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

What a shambolic window. It'll cost Ole his job.

And round and round we go.
fat maradona
Star Man

3 months ago

Apparently the Cavani deal is only for one year with an option for the 2nd. And so if we have still paid his agent/brother £10m, then I'm lost for words.

Cavani playing will mean that Greenwood stays shunted out on the right, when he is probably going to be a brilliant CF. Cavani playing means that Martial will start sulking again, which means we won't get the best out of him. Not long after he just signed a bumper contract. FFS

I see the Board sticking with Woody as DoF and sticking with Ole as Manager.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Apparently the Cavani deal is only for one year with an option for the 2nd. And so if we have still paid his agent/brother £10m, then I'm lost for words.

Cavani playing will mean that Greenwood stays shunted out on the right, when he is probably going to be a brilliant CF. Cavani playing means that Martial will start sulking again, which means we won't get the best out of him. Not long after he just signed a bumper contract. FFS

I see the Board sticking with Woody as DoF and sticking with Ole as Manager.
Excuse' moi?
Martial is mediocre and so is Rashford. I've been saying this for years.
You're worried about competition and a little pressure on a player?
We can't drop these cunts. Hopefully Cavani will take his place.

We couldn't drop Shaw if he's crap. Williams is worse. Now we've bought Telles. Idk how good he is tbh
We still can't drop our other defenders.
We can drop DDG but we aren't I guess.
We can drop Pogba for VDB, idk if it's going to happen.
We can't drop Matic.
We can drop Rashford for Cavani. Play Martial out wide.
This means we still can't drop Martial or Greenwood if they play badly. Greenwood is playing well tbf but even if he plays crap; we can't do shit.
Perhaps Amad Traore can put pressure on his spot.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Okay dozer - bet is on. £10 [to any legit charity and preferably one on the Just Giving website, so you can check I make the anonymous payment], says we will not finish above 7th by Christmas. Shall we make it the position after Boxing Day games?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
Okay dozer - bet is on. £10 [to any legit charity and preferably one on the Just Giving website, so you can check I make the anonymous payment], says we will not finish above 7th by Christmas. Shall we make it the position after Boxing Day games?
they're probably all crap charities, swamps
Rant's official artificial intelligence