dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
ESPN reporting we wouldn't let Roma extend Smalling's loan so he could play in Europa. I wonder why? I hope we're not planning on keeping him.
In case we meet them in Europa?
Ah, of course
I thought loanees weren't allowed to play against their parent clubs.
I actually think it’s more just the principle. Apparently we’ve had inquiries about Smalling from other clubs. We have only a month to get our own transfer business done before the league starts again. So whether Smalling is going to be part of the squad or sold on, it’s only right to bring him back with the loan over. If Roma want him they should get their act together, he’s not their player.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Seeing as Jones didn't even play against 4th placed austrian LASK when we were 5-0 up - surely the cunt is gonna leave? He's clearly not wanted. Take the hint
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
ESPN reporting we wouldn't let Roma extend Smalling's loan so he could play in Europa. I wonder why? I hope we're not planning on keeping him.
Ah, of course
I actually think it’s more just the principle. Apparently we’ve had inquiries about Smalling from other clubs. We have only a month to get our own transfer business done before the league starts again. So whether Smalling is going to be part of the squad or sold on, it’s only right to bring him back with the loan over. If Roma want him they should get their act together, he’s not their player.
Roma have literally just been bought by a US billionaire, so hopefully now they can afford Smalling
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago

Ah, of course
Roma have literally just been bought by a US billionaire, so hopefully now they can afford Smalling
Why would they buy Smalling now that they have a sugar daddy
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Would you all prefer that we sign Sancho for 100+, and maybe sign one other player, or that we sign someone like Chiesa for half the money, and be able to get two other players?

I don’t think we’re gonna to go mad spending. Like maybe we’d get another player if we sign Sancho, but it might depend on shifting a lot of others as well. I don’t think we’d even be discussing Sancho if we hadn’t got CL.
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

Sancho could be seen in a couple of ways. One, that he's young, English, marketable and will increase in value. Or the other way is that he's a marquee signing and we all know that Ed loves a marquee signing. Either way, he is one of the top talents in world footie. Can play right across the front three positions and would make us devastating up front.

Personally, I'd rather try and get Traore (what would Wolves want for him?) and use what's left for another midfielder (Donny VdB?) and another left back. Reckon you could get all three for less than £110m. We still need a back up left winger and potentially another striker, as well as...fuck, the list is too long....

Hopefully we will move some players on but I don't hold my breath that we will achieve much for them.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Sancho has gone quiet. He's meant to be signing from now til the weekend. So let's see if it actually happens. If not then we've all fallen for it again.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Sancho has gone quiet. He's meant to be signing from now til the weekend. So let's see if it actually happens. If not then we've all fallen for it again.
To be fair it would be a massive deal if it goes ahead, the biggest we've ever done, so I'm sure it's not a straightforward process.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Would you all prefer that we sign Sancho for 100+, and maybe sign one other player, or that we sign someone like Chiesa for half the money, and be able to get two other players?

I don’t think we’re gonna to go mad spending. Like maybe we’d get another player if we sign Sancho, but it might depend on shifting a lot of others as well. I don’t think we’d even be discussing Sancho if we hadn’t got CL.
Exactly why Sancho is a bad idea right now.
Ole should buy like last season. Spend decent sums and sell to buy. He got rid of Lukaku to spend some.
Sancho fee is crazy and we should walk out. First address our left back and defence positions. We need players who can play out from the back.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

Sancho is a must. Already excellent, bags of potential, English - so no worries about how he'll settle, marketing goldmine. Amd we're desperate for quality out wide. We dont have a single winger of quality- we have to get this deal done. From there, a quality centre back and DM are the next priorities. If we can add a promising young left back too, then great. Although I saw something in the MEN yesterday which suggested trying Fred at left back. There could be something in that.

As for outgoings, the biggest one we needed to sort was Sanchez, and that's done. We need to shift Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Bailly - I doubt we'll do that in one summer. Lingard, Mata, Perreira, they need to go too. Theres not much value in that pool. In fact the biggest fee we'll get this summer is probably our cut from Zaha leaving Palace!