Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

if were ever any good again bisakka will need replacing with someone who can play football
lkhm

hoofing
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 weeks ago

8 players over 2 summer windows would be enough, but only if we're talking about 6 of the 8 being class, established players who are mid twenties, able to come in and add value very quickly. We're not signing 4 like that this summer and next. The only player who fit that bill in the summer was Maguire.

Its PR bollocks
bman2
Legend

4 weeks ago

There is a lot of talk about us getting someone like Moussa Dembele or Maddison in January. I can’t see how their clubs would be interested in letting them go in mid-season, unless we were to offer them fuck off stupid money. If we couldn’t get Dembele this summer, why would be able to in Jan?

I worry we’ll end up being so desperate for bodies in January that we sign Mandzukic and Rakitic. The whole rebuild philosophy will go out the window in the first season.

You might be able to get someone like Tonali from Brescia. They’re skint, and by Jan they might be doomed to relegation whatever they do.
Lazarus
Legend

4 weeks ago

We need to go back to basics and start by improving how we play football. We've spent millions on big names and what have anyone of them done for years. We need to be building from the ground up and that will take time...... but we'll probably keep doing what we've been doing for another while.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

3 weeks ago

Is Fred our worst post Fergie signing? Vs. Mkhitaryan/Sanchez I guess.

We should be signing a couple of mids in January and loaning him out. Whatever talent he has clearly isn't going to show up here.
Lazarus
Legend

3 weeks ago

marlon wrote:
3 weeks ago
Is Fred our worst post Fergie signing? Vs. Mkhitaryan/Sanchez I guess.

We should be signing a couple of mids in January and loaning him out. Whatever talent he has clearly isn't going to show up here.
:|
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

2 weeks ago

Fred is still better than Sanchez and Mkhi. They were the worst. Falcao and Di Maria were also bad.
dozer
Legend

2 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
1 month ago
Eight players over the next two years is not anywhere near enough. Consider that; Rojo, Jones, Fred and Young are hopefully all gone next summer. Just replacing them takes up one full year of transfers and squad wise we are back at the same level, of course we will be getting Smalling and Sanchez back because no one in dumb enough to actually buy them - so that's like two new signings.

Woodward isn't going to be spend any of the Glazers money for these alleged transfers so they will need to be financed by selling player, with the possible exception of Pogba, I cannot see anyone who would bring in more than their replacement would cost. But of course we have the youth system to fall back on.

This has all the parameters of a death spiral. X_X
Eight years in two years sounds like plenty to me, especially if most of them are intended to be starters. That's most of the outfield team. The challenge is making 8 good signings, that's always been our challenge. Woodward and the rest of them seem to think that their transfer target evaluation is working great now, which seems like premature celebrating to me.

It's just the usual PR damage control shite anyway. If Ole loses the next few matches, it'll be back to the beginning I'm afraid. We'll get in a manager who'll probably decide that Maguire and Bissaka aren't his sort of player :))
No manager has been that successful with signings. Even if 4/8 players do well, then Ole has bought well overall.
Our buys have been so bad that we've only had like one or 2 good buys post Fergie. If people consider Herrera and Shaw as good purchases then they are I guess, but only for a mid table club.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 weeks ago

fred your typical useless shithouse who only made it in the game cause everyone’s after leftys, gaal would’ve loved him
lkhm

hoofing
swampash
Legend

1 week ago

Looks like Bayern are set to implode. Taken apart today 5-1 by Frankfurt. Red card early on didn’t help, but they look thoroughly fucked and the coach must be on thin ice.
I hope our coaches are tapping up potential disaffected players.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...