Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago I think it's a re-run of the Kroos saga bman. His contract was due for renewal and he had a good idea of his worth on the market. Bayern wouldn't shift from their offer of €200k a week, so he left, probably reluctantly, because he could earn substantially more elsewhere. I suspect the same scenario is playing out with Alaba. Uli Hoeneß has already been shouting his mouth off in public about Alaba and his agent being too greedy, which is a bit rich coming from someone who has done time for cheating on his tax.
Be a huge addition if we could land him, but I suspect we won't...he'll go to PSG or Real probably.

Yeah I think he’ll go somewhere else. City and Liverpool are more likely in the PL than us.
swampash
Legend

His versatility would certainly suit Liverpool especially given their injuries at the back.
bman2
Legend

Realistically, a player like that isn’t going to want to come and take orders from Ole and Phelan.
swampash
Legend

...sadly, you are right.
bman2
Legend

Rumours now that Barca and Real want Fernandes and that he’s fed up with the situation at United. It’s probably just the usual shite the Spanish clubs’ papers print, unsettling players and all that. But I suspect there’s a little bit of truth in it. I was already thinking that Bruno was heading down Pogba’s road a bit. There was all the talk a while back of him being pissed off by the shit results and not being impressed by our coaching.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Wow, this is potentially massive

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... egulations

After the 31 december Prem & EFL clubs aren't allowed to sign foreign players under the age of 18. They can also only sign 3 overseas players under 21 in one window, and 6 in a season.

The work permit system is getting a lot tougher too, and will be applied to EU nations which will make European transfers a lot less smooth

This could permanently change the Prem. They clearly want to gradually limit the influence foreign players have on our football. But doing so will change the thing that made the Prem successful. I can't imagine it will stay. The Prem will surely get special treatment. It makes too much money for the gov to fuck with the formula
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Wow, this is potentially massive

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... egulations

After the 31 december Prem & EFL clubs aren't allowed to sign foreign players under the age of 18. They can also only sign 3 overseas players under 21 in one window, and 6 in a season.

The work permit system is getting a lot tougher too, and will be applied to EU nations which will make European transfers a lot less smooth

This could permanently change the Prem. They clearly want to gradually limit the influence foreign players have on our football. But doing so will change the thing that made the Prem successful. I can't imagine it will stay. The Prem will surely get special treatment. It makes too much money for the gov to fuck with the formula
No one under 18? That’s been what our a lot of our transfers have focused on in recent years.
swampash
Legend

Could be good for the British game. Probably would put some downward pressure on wages too, which would also be good.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago Could be good for the British game. Probably would put some downward pressure on wages too, which would also be good.
But you'd be relying heavily on British coaches & managers to produce top players. How many top managers do we have? Rodgers is probably the best, then Wilder. But Southgate, Parker? What has St George's academy produced?

I know English football has changed unrecognisably in recent years. We finally pass the ball on the ground and build from the back like the rest of the world including North Korea ffs has been doing for decades. Your Pulis' and Allardyce's are in exile and that's great. But we're still just not very good at football.

This move will being the quality of football down dramatically unless there's also a plan to speed up the modernising of English football, and not just on expensive facilities but coaching, ideas etc.
Last edited by Fuck the Glazers 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
swampash
Legend

Sure, but it might also be the catalyst that's needed to force a re-think on British coaches.