Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Yeah I think you're right sid. It was the sort of performance you see in early pre season. Rashford is a worry though, he hasnt really looked right since his back injury.

In hindsight, we should have sacked the Europa off, let the bulk of the squad have more of a break and organise at least a couple of pre season friendlies.

I can see us being shit for the first month, then we'll already be playing catch up on teams who are already better than us. And I said it yesterday, it could end up costing Ole his job
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Yeah I agree, fitness is way off and obviously was a factor yesterday.

However, Lindelof is a liability that we need to get rid of. Scoring goals was not our issue last season
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
dozer
Legend

There's a lot of revisionism since yesterday about our attackers. I was criticised for saying Rashford and martial aren't good enough. Martial has been mediocre in his 5 years with us. Rashford has been worse than mediocre. And ranters here are OK with that.

I said we shouldn't buy sancho and van de Beek wouldn't improve our first team. Got stick there as well. Although I must say VDB might actually improve our first team if he replaces Pogba who's another mediocre player. VDB looked really sharp.
dozer
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 3 years ago For now, I'd bin off Sancho and buy the best CB we can get, I'm talking world class.

Defensively we are awful with Lindelof in the side, Harry is bang average and needs someone to help him. Shaw is okay going forward but positionally poor.
We shouldn't spend more than 40 - 50m on a player.
bman2
Legend

Well we’ve left it a bit late to buy anyone. Most of the possibilities have been picked up by other clubs already.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ole trying to offload Lingard, he's in talks with Tottenham apparently

Probably have to sell to buy now
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Well we’ve left it a bit late to buy anyone. Most of the possibilities have been picked up by other clubs already.
It's not too late yet. The international transfer window doesn't close til Oct 5. And we can still buy from the EFL til Oct 15.

It's the hope that kills you
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

'United are monitoring the situation'
'United are preparing a bid'

We must be the most dithering side in the league. We've also signed fewer players than ANY other side in the league. Our lack of ambition, planning, execution - its mind boggling. And we keep having the same conversation. Does it take another mob at Woodwards house to get us moving? There are deals out there to be had. We needed 3-4 players and while we could still get them, give the pace we move at - we wont.
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago I was criticised here last season for saying Rashford is crap. Where are they now?
RASHFORD is a shite player. And we can't trust Martial. Fans here still wanted us not to improve on these two players.

And why does Ole wait for 85 mins to bring iglaho on?
tbf, you have been consistent with your trolling of Rashford and Martial. Most of the time it has been unjustified. Slagging Rashford off before his back injury last season was unjustified, he was one of the best left CF's in Europe. But he has been really really poor since Project Restart, so poor in fact that I will agree with you that he is crap at the moment. But this isn't the real Rashford, that's the one we need.

Martial isn't going to be your Firmino, someone who is going to get stuck in and create and run around. If Martial gets decent service, he will score. And all strikers have purple patches and dry spells, just look at Kane. I bet Spurs fans aren't saying you can't trust Kane when he has a run of 5 games not scoring?
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote: 3 years ago For now, I'd bin off Sancho and buy the best CB we can get, I'm talking world class.

Defensively we are awful with Lindelof in the side, Harry is bang average and needs someone to help him. Shaw is okay going forward but positionally poor.
We shouldn't spend more than 40 - 50m on a player.
Agreed, if the club still push ahead and spend £110m in Sancho, then you can say for certain that there isn't any planning or direction. Sancho alone isn't going to help us push on as challengers. Banging the same drum again and again but a DM, CB, LB, RB are bigger priorites than a flashy RW.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we passed up on Thiago, he would have made a huge difference to us. I'm equally gobsmacked that we didn't push for Gabriel before Arsenal had agreed terms, he's better than Maguire and costs a 1/4 of that twat.

And then Woodward coming out with the precautionary message in the programme, yeh, we ain't signing anyone. Just hope the youth are good enough. And we need someone better than Ole, he doesn't have a Plan B when Plan A is not working like it wasn't on Saturday.