Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

What ed says, raphina for me is the best rw in the league, can go past players, and plays in great crosses and passes. I've not seen much of sancho, has never really impressed when I see him for England, raphina does it week in week out in the epl.

Its madness if we don't even approach Leeds over a potential deal.
dozer
Legend

Tbf it's not a good sign if a player leaves a club just after one season. Haaland if any thing will probably be a headache. His agent is a pain too. We missed our chance and it's better to move on.

Tbf to Raiola he does look after his players. I think Lingard left to West Ham soon after Raiola became his agent. He's giving players good advice.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 3 years ago Tbf it's not a good sign if a player leaves a club just after one season. Haaland if any thing will probably be a headache. His agent is a pain too. We missed our chance and it's better to move on.

Tbf to Raiola he does look after his players. I think Lingard left to West Ham soon after Raiola became his agent. He's giving players good advice.

Giving raiola any credit for looking after players? Ffs, he is looking after #1, and he doesn't really give a shit about the player. He would rather have a client move wherever he will get more money, over the player moving somewhere mino gets slightly less cash, but would be a better move longer term for the player.

I've said before, the club should just refuse to deal with him. haaland would no sooner be at the club, than mino would be angling for his next big move, and start rumblings about how haaland is unhappy.
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago Tbf it's not a good sign if a player leaves a club just after one season. Haaland if any thing will probably be a headache. His agent is a pain too. We missed our chance and it's better to move on.

Giving raiola any credit for looking after players? Ffs, he is looking after #1, and he doesn't really give a shit about the player. He would rather have a client move wherever he will get more money, over the player moving somewhere mino gets slightly less cash, but would be a better move longer term for the player.

I've said before, the club should just refuse to deal with him. haaland would no sooner be at the club, than mino would be angling for his next big move, and start rumblings about how haaland is unhappy.
But look at the outcome.
He got Pogba to leave united for first team football. Raised his profile and got him back to united for good money.
He probably advised Haaland to join Dortmund when all the big clubs were in for him. Dortmund can't compete with other clubs wages as well.
He also got Lingard to play first team football and raise his profile. Idk if it's outcome bias and I'm only looking at 3 players but he's getting them to play first team football. It's upto the player to play well but it looks like he's giving them sound advice.

He also makes a lot of noise to protect his players profile when they're shit. Pogba was mediocre for us, most of the time and he made a lot of noise.

It doesn't suit the clubs, sure.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 3 years ago
jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago

But look at the outcome.
He got Pogba to leave united for first team football. Raised his profile and got him back to united for good money.
He probably advised Haaland to join Dortmund when all the big clubs were in for him. Dortmund can't compete with other clubs wages as well.
He also got Lingard to play first team football and raise his profile. Idk if it's outcome bias and I'm only looking at 3 players but he's getting them to play first team football. It's upto the player to play well but it looks like he's giving them sound advice.

He also makes a lot of noise to protect his players profile when they're shit. Pogba was mediocre for us, most of the time and he made a lot of noise.

It doesn't suit the clubs, sure.
All the things you have listed, Mino gains from.
Sure he got massive money for pogba to come back to utd, but was that the best choice for pogba from a footballing perspective? I'm not so sure it was, but Mino made bank.

Haaland, again, he has benefitted from Dortmund, but the only reason Mino pushed him there was that he could move him on after one full season, and again, make massive amount of cash on the deal. The next club he goes to, Mino won't really give a shit, he'll just be making him move to whoever pays top dollar.

He doesn't look after players, he looks after himself, and as a byproduct sometimes the players do alright( haaland at dortmund), and sometimes they don't (pogba at utd)
bman2
Legend

Apparently it’s in the contract with Dortmund that Raiola gets 20% or maybe even 30% of the sell-on fee.

It would be sensible for United to tell Haaland and Raiola to fuck off. He could have joined us, but instead went to Dortmund and signed a deal that guarantees we’d get ripped off later on.

But a lot of these moves do work out well for his players. Pogba moving to Juve was great for his career. Lingard moving to West Ham has been great for his career. Haaland now has his pick of the top clubs in the world. Ibra has had a great career.

Tbh the only obvious shitty move for the player’s career was Pogba coming back to United.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Apparently it’s in the contract with Dortmund that Raiola gets 20% or maybe even 30% of the sell-on fee.

It would be sensible for United to tell Haaland and Raiola to fuck off. He could have joined us, but instead went to Dortmund and signed a deal that guarantees we’d get ripped off later on.

But a lot of these moves do work out well for his players. Pogba moving to Juve was great for his career. Lingard moving to West Ham has been great for his career. Haaland now has his pick of the top clubs in the world. Ibra has had a great career.

Tbh the only obvious shitty move for the player’s career was Pogba coming back to United.
re Lings, let's not get carried away. He went to the Hammers on loan, the change of scenario has done him good and lessened the weight of expectation. We all knew he was a decent squaddie but his confidence was shot, at least at the Hammers he can hopefully get back to his old self. Hopefully he decides to stay there, United tends to break players rather than make them these days.

Re Pogba, if he'd have come back under a different manager, it might have been a different story. Mourinho was a poisonous cunt and did Pogba no favours. Paul came back with a massive price tag and a huge weight of expectation. After just a season, Mourinho was scape goating him for the failures. A different manager might have put his arm around him, reassured him he was doing alright and that it'd all come good etc. A bit like Fergie did with Veron. That didn't work out either but at least Fergie didn't hang him.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Apparently it’s in the contract with Dortmund that Raiola gets 20% or maybe even 30% of the sell-on fee.

re Lings, let's not get carried away. He went to the Hammers on loan, the change of scenario has done him good and lessened the weight of expectation. We all knew he was a decent squaddie but his confidence was shot, at least at the Hammers he can hopefully get back to his old self. Hopefully he decides to stay there, United tends to break players rather than make them these days.

Re Pogba, if he'd have come back under a different manager, it might have been a different story. Mourinho was a poisonous cunt and did Pogba no favours. Paul came back with a massive price tag and a huge weight of expectation. After just a season, Mourinho was scape goating him for the failures. A different manager might have put his arm around him, reassured him he was doing alright and that it'd all come good etc. A bit like Fergie did with Veron. That didn't work out either but at least Fergie didn't hang him.
You guys are talking about the outcome but I'm discussing the approach.
Raiola got Pogba first team football by moving to Juve. Same with Lingard. How the player does after that is anyone's guess but first team football beats all coaching.
He got Pogba the United move but Pogba did play at Juve for quite some time and while Raiola got money, so did Pogba. At that time, United still had a decent profile with a new high profile coach.
His approach is ALSO suiting the players, be it from a footballing, reputation or from a financial perspective. And as if players are his pets. Pogba probably wanted the move both times and so did Lingard.
Jason
Star Man

Dozer all players are manipulated by agents, the majority of players will move where the agent suggests. And Mino will move his players where he makes the most money. As a result, sometimes it benefits the players, you seem to suggesting that he is a master agent, as he got Lingard a loan move to Westham( which has went well for lingard).

Let's not get carried away by Mino Raiola, and his care for his players. They are assets that are making him obscenely rich.

There is no justification for any agent to be making the money off the deals for players that he is.

I stand by saying the club should just have no further dealings with him, not only because of the insane fees he demands for his services, but he's a right cunt who will cause team disharmony and unrest with any of his players, when he thinks he can get a new deal, or big transfer move out.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think a lot will depend on whether Cavani stays. I think Greenwood will be earmarked for the number 9 role in a couple of years but the chance to learn under a top class, experienced striker like Cavani is invaluable. If Cavani moves on, do we go big for a striker like Kane or Haaland, or do we go for a shorter term fix.....? If we go short term, it’s not beyond the realms of fantasy that we’ll look at Ronaldo..... Juve are apparently desperate to shift his wages, so likely to be no real fee involved. We’ll shift plenty in wages off the books this summer and the Glazers will see both the commercial appeal and the value in ‘appeasing’ fans with a move like that.

Could actually make sense all round for a year or two.....