Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Bale is going to China. Hopefully we can get rid of Sanchez in a similar fashion.
sheesh
Legend

Fucks sake
Jason
Star Man

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago

Fucks sake
So we get Dan James for 15mill and Arsenal are getting Pepe for 70 odd, wtf has the world come to where Arsenal are signing better players than us.
You can say that James is a prospect, but hes basically 2 years younger than Pepe, I know which I would rather have.
dozer
Legend

Real got a nice thumping by atletico yesterday so hopefully this will catalyse the Pogba transfer.
Also there doesn't seem to be any reports of us signing a centre back. I don't think maguire is happening.
sheesh
Legend

Even if we were to sell Pogba, with such little time left in the transfer window, we will do well to bring in a replacement.

We basically needed to bring in 3 midfielders this summer, due to Herrera and Pogba (possibly) leaving and Matic being shite.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago Even if we were to sell Pogba, with such little time left in the transfer window, we will do well to bring in a replacement.

We basically needed to bring in 3 midfielders this summer, due to Herrera and Pogba (possibly) leaving and Matic being shite.
We must buy before we sell, yes. The buy transfer window for English clubs closes on Aug 6th I think. But we can sell to other leagues until the end of Aug.

But... I'd get rid of Sanchez, Rojo, darmian, Jones, Smalling and Bailly anyway. Buying first isn't important.
dozer
Legend

Lazio boss inzaghi has said they will sell Savic. If we sign both Savic and fernandes then pogba is probably gone.
Time to wake up
:vampire:
dozer
Legend

That's his agent. Lukaku is going for sure now.
bman2
Legend

If we sell Pogba and sign M-Savic and Fernandes, the start to the season will be very ropey. A whole new midfield? It will be like the pre-season never happened.

That's a separate issue to Pogba being a massive loss.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 4 years ago
sheesh wrote: 4 years ago

Fucks sake
So we get Dan James for 15mill and Arsenal are getting Pepe for 70 odd, wtf has the world come to where Arsenal are signing better players than us.
You can say that James is a prospect, but hes basically 2 years younger than Pepe, I know which I would rather have.
Innit. If Wenger was still at Arsenal Pepe would be wasted. Nothing more than a fancy dan. But Emery is trying to build a solid foundation, and Pepe will be the cherry on the cake.
Last edited by Fuck the Glazers 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.