Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

well liverpool were 7th when they signed sturridge, its a shite point tbf, he'll go to a club we're competing for europa places with and become a top striker while we stick fellaini up front cause persies out and weve sold welbeck and hernanshite
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:
Calvino wrote:I can never agree more with Knobby. Danny Welbeck was absolutely destroyed needlessly by Sir Alex. A proper striker who should never be asked to play anywhere else apart from the frontline.

I will be distraught if he is sold. To be honest I will wish van Gaal ill if he allows the boy leave. On his part he should be patient and stay because for certain van Persie will be injured soon enough. If only that idiot Moyes did not buy Mata.
I agree about Mata tbf, he wasn't what we needed at that time and I didn't think he was worth the fee but tbf to the player he's been excellent and has been delivering lately.
The problem with Mata is his lack of pace and to accomodate him in the system. I think he must try and play well in midfield i.e. in the Iniesta role. If he can be half as good as Iniesta, that's great. Herrera, Carrick/Fellaini and Mata (if he does well in midfiled) can be a good combination tbf, and all are fantastic pass-masters.
tbf hed be great in midfield if he could get past the first man or didnt stand about waiting for us to get the ball back before deciding to enter a light jog

gets on the end of a surprising amount in the box tbf
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
dozer wrote:
Calvino wrote:I can never agree more with Knobby. Danny Welbeck was absolutely destroyed needlessly by Sir Alex. A proper striker who should never be asked to play anywhere else apart from the frontline.

I will be distraught if he is sold. To be honest I will wish van Gaal ill if he allows the boy leave. On his part he should be patient and stay because for certain van Persie will be injured soon enough. If only that idiot Moyes did not buy Mata.
I agree about Mata tbf, he wasn't what we needed at that time and I didn't think he was worth the fee but tbf to the player he's been excellent and has been delivering lately.
The problem with Mata is his lack of pace and to accomodate him in the system. I think he must try and play well in midfield i.e. in the Iniesta role. If he can be half as good as Iniesta, that's great. Herrera, Carrick/Fellaini and Mata (if he does well in midfiled) can be a good combination tbf, and all are fantastic pass-masters.
tbf hed be great in midfield if he could get past the first man or didnt stand about waiting for us to get the ball back before deciding to enter a light jog

gets on the end of a surprising amount in the box tbf
He does run about a lot, apparently he covers the most distance among the United players in a game - I read somewhere.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

does that count as a stat

that changes everything tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

6 years ago

Welbeck's a loss but can you learn composure in front of goal? Not sure you can. Nobody sure as hell had to teach Wayne. The only ship out that troubles me is Kagawa. Unlike Welbeck, he never really got a run in the team. Moyes knew shit about how to play everyone so last year was a write off. He's the last guy to get a hat trick in a game that counted. Mata sure as hell never has. We just spent 60m on Di Maria to get pace in the team. Who's going to run with him? Kags could keep up. Mata can't. To that point, Welbs could keep up as well. Plus, if Mata gets hurt, who's our #10? Adnan is too raw, Rooney has proved it's not his best position. I can only think the 10 is less vital in a 4-3-3 and that's where LvG is going with the ADM signing...
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

To think that Shinji Kagawa will go while Mata stays. Am just totally fed up and hope this window closes and Danny is still at the club.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Mail reporting Blind deal is done for £14m. Decent depth for the midfield, I guess. Not such a disaster when Carrick gets injured. If that's done it's only because Ed's failed on van Gaal's top targets.
sheesh

6 years ago

Eugh.

Why didn't we just go all out and get Carvalho? I'll be annoyed if Blind is seen as the solution to the midfield problem.

Still, 2 days to go so we might still get someone else in.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

On the 30th August, we're past solution time. That quality of player isn't really available now. There are good options, like Rabiot, who haven't moved yet, but there's no player available now who's going to turn us into a title contender. Just as important that we don't screw ourselves over with another Fellaini type transfer and there's probably not much money left after di Maria anyway.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

sheesh wrote:Eugh.

Why didn't we just go all out and get Carvalho? I'll be annoyed if Blind is seen as the solution to the midfield problem.

Still, 2 days to go so we might still get someone else in.
Carvalho's shite. No one wants him.