Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Twisted Blood
First Teamer
Posts: 342
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

I like the way the news is flowing. Bye bye Fellaini, Vidal/Carvahlo/Strootman in play so LvG is thinking destroyer, Sanchez balking at Liverpool and Rio on his way. Let's get younger, tougher and faster. I'm wary of Rodriguez. Could be another World Cup wonder.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5584
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:I like the way the news is flowing. Bye bye Fellaini, Vidal/Carvahlo/Strootman in play so LvG is thinking destroyer, Sanchez balking at Liverpool and Rio on his way. Let's get younger, tougher and faster. I'm wary of Rodriguez. Could be another World Cup wonder.
Nah Rodriguez was pretty well known wasn't he for a few years now. It's just that noone expected him to be this good.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4676
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
dozer wrote:Schweinsteiger is past it. Rodriguez will be north of 60m rumours are out already with these rates. Vidal and sanchez are good but I wouldn't call them panty wetting material. I'll give you hummels.
Schweinsteiger is 29 btw! I'm pretty sure he could play at the top for another 3/4 years pretty easily. Vidal is the one for me. We are absolutely desperate for his exact type of player....we can afford him...and he's available....and we can do a deal with juve. That's why there's no fucking chance.
We get hummels and Vidal and we've a fucking good team tbf
Only thing that worries me a bit with Schweinsteiger is how well he has weathered the knocks he's taken the last few seasons. Kind of goes with the position, and he's not one to shirk his tackles. He's a good player, so I'd like to see him at United, but would want to be sure he gets through a real good medical so we don't have another Owen Hargreaves on our hands.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

swampash wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
dozer wrote:Schweinsteiger is past it. Rodriguez will be north of 60m rumours are out already with these rates. Vidal and sanchez are good but I wouldn't call them panty wetting material. I'll give you hummels.
Schweinsteiger is 29 btw! I'm pretty sure he could play at the top for another 3/4 years pretty easily. Vidal is the one for me. We are absolutely desperate for his exact type of player....we can afford him...and he's available....and we can do a deal with juve. That's why there's no fucking chance.
We get hummels and Vidal and we've a fucking good team tbf
Only thing that worries me a bit with Schweinsteiger is how well he has weathered the knocks he's taken the last few seasons. Kind of goes with the position, and he's not one to shirk his tackles. He's a good player, so I'd like to see him at United, but would want to be sure he gets through a real good medical so we don't have another Owen Hargreaves on our hands.
Yes, that was my point really, what a player to have at your club for the other midfielders.....at the moment they're looking up to ando, fletcher, etc!
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

No way he'd come to utd though,especially if they're selling Kroos.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4676
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:No way he'd come to utd though,especially if they're selling Kroos.
They might do - they've got Martinez and Thiago that can both play the same role. I suspect Thiago was probably brought in as Schweinsteiger's long term replacement.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5515
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Nah, Thiago was brought in as the future best midfielder in the world available for peanuts.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5584
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Looks like arsenal have had a 32m bid for sanchez accepted.
User avatar
RedDread
Reserves
Posts: 80
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Prestwich, Manchester
Contact:

6 years ago

£40m bid rumoured for Vidal, possibly with Nani used as a makeweight. Bloody hell, this is a bit of a better transfer window than last year, eh? Even if we don't sign anyone else, and I'm pretty certain we will, we've done OK for ourselves.
The longbow beats the crossbow, my idiotic friend.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

6 years ago

RedDread wrote:£40m bid rumoured for Vidal, possibly with Nani used as a makeweight. Bloody hell, this is a bit of a better transfer window than last year, eh? Even if we don't sign anyone else, and I'm pretty certain we will, we've done OK for ourselves.
It's a bit early to say that yet....

We've not signed anyone really World Class, a player that will immediately make other teams take notice....
If we buy Vidal then yes....

Tho we will also need at least one DF
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Post Reply