Manchester United chat
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
I’ll give Raiola credit for being very transparent about his motivations. Him and Dortmund are looking to shift Haaland already this summer. So a season and a half will result in a huge payday. He’s also hawking Donnamura and Pogba.

It is a dilemma. Haaland is obviously a goal machine, potential megastar. But we’ve seen how Raiola constantly unsettles Pogba, tells him his coaches are using him wrong, constantly hawking him to other clubs. This will be Haaland’s third move in as many years...

If you were to spend big on either Haaland or Mbappe, maybe Mbappe would be the way to go. Seems more sensible, more professional.
Yeah that's the dilemma. He's good enough to build a team around, but he probably won't stay for more than a year or two cos Raiola will want another pay day, so you can't really do that. My head says no but my heart says yes, go for it, cos in that one season we might win the league.

This is it, honestly as good as haaland is, and whatever he cost would likely be recouped and more in the year or 2 before he moved to real Madrid, raiola is such a disrupting factor, and is a classic case of "super" agents having too much power.

With all his antics around pogba, and going to the press, utd should just come out and say they won't be working with him any longer, or even if they don't do it publicly, just make a decision to no longer deal with him.

Ferguson called it 10 years ago 1st time around.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
I’ll give Raiola credit for being very transparent about his motivations. Him and Dortmund are looking to shift Haaland already this summer. So a season and a half will result in a huge payday. He’s also hawking Donnamura and Pogba.

It is a dilemma. Haaland is obviously a goal machine, potential megastar. But we’ve seen how Raiola constantly unsettles Pogba, tells him his coaches are using him wrong, constantly hawking him to other clubs. This will be Haaland’s third move in as many years...

If you were to spend big on either Haaland or Mbappe, maybe Mbappe would be the way to go. Seems more sensible, more professional.
Yeah that's the dilemma. He's good enough to build a team around, but he probably won't stay for more than a year or two cos Raiola will want another pay day, so you can't really do that. My head says no but my heart says yes, go for it, cos in that one season we might win the league.

This is it, honestly as good as haaland is, and whatever he cost would likely be recouped and more in the year or 2 before he moved to real Madrid, raiola is such a disrupting factor, and is a classic case of "super" agents having too much power.

With all his antics around pogba, and going to the press, utd should just come out and say they won't be working with him any longer, or even if they don't do it publicly, just make a decision to no longer deal with him.

Ferguson called it 10 years ago 1st time around.
It’s true. Pogba is a very talented player, and he’d help provide some of the creativity we’re missing in recent games. But his transfer and time at United has been blighted by Raiola. The fee would have been lower in the first place, which would have kept expectations more realistic. And the constant unsettling doesn’t do anyone who cares about the club much good. I was excited to have Pogba come back, since it was so long since we’d had a decent midfield signing and his skills are pretty obvious. But the circumstances were always dodgy — paying huge money for a player who’d just left us a couple of years prior, including a massive fee to the same agent that took him away from us. The move to Juventus worked out very well for Pogba, so I’ve no problem there, it was the right decision for him. But it was a bit undignified to kiss Raiola’s arse so much after he’d fucked us over, and he’s gotten worse as a result.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

We still have a lot of positions that need improvement.

GK - not yet, I think Henderson can be our keeper. It's a hard position to buy for and it's more likely that a big name won't be better than Henderson/DDG.
Right back - not yet. I think if we had a good right winger, we wouldn't be blaming Wan Bissaka so much. Our defence is weak and he's very good defensively.

We need a CB.
We need 2 midfielders to replace Pogba/VDB/Fred/McT/Matic. Just get rid of VDB next season. He's our new Zaha.

Need a right winger.
Need a centre forward but we can make do with Cavani/Greenwood for an other season.

That's 4 players. 5, if we include a centre forward. That's too many players.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
We still have a lot of positions that need improvement.

GK - not yet, I think Henderson can be our keeper. It's a hard position to buy for and it's more likely that a big name won't be better than Henderson/DDG.
Right back - not yet. I think if we had a good right winger, we wouldn't be blaming Wan Bissaka so much. Our defence is weak and he's very good defensively.

We need a CB.
We need 2 midfielders to replace Pogba/VDB/Fred/McT/Matic. Just get rid of VDB next season. He's our new Zaha.

Need a right winger.
Need a centre forward but we can make do with Cavani/Greenwood for an other season.

That's 4 players. 5, if we include a centre forward. That's too many players.
And they're all the same positions we've needed to address for about 6 years.
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Raphina for leeds looks like a genuine star in the making(if not already), and has a work rate which matches what bruno brings.

Would be a great option for the rw if we were able to wrangle him from Leeds.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Personally, I'd settle for one mobile CB and a proper RB.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago
Raphina for leeds looks like a genuine star in the making(if not already), and has a work rate which matches what bruno brings.

There are lots of 'gettable' players in the Premier League, who should be available for non-extortionate prices and would nail the problem positions we have, in most cases.

CB: Fofana,
RB: Lamptey
DM: Bissouma, Neves
AM: Grealish
RW: Raphina, Zaha, Saint-Maximin
ST: Raul Jiminez
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago

There are lots of 'gettable' players in the Premier League, who should be available for non-extortionate prices and would nail the problem positions we have, in most cases.

They're all gonna want United to wipe out their covid losses though, unless they're absolutely desperate for any amount of short term cash, then they might accept less. But clubs are taking out tens sometimes hundreds of millions from loan sharks to keep running, they're looking for some idiots to come in and pay 80m for Saint-Maximin. It's gonna be an interesting window.

For those who don't know United have taken out a 60m loan cos the debt has risen massively in lockdown. This will surely impact whatever transfer budget we had?
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago

Zaha is an other right winger.
No way he'll join us haha.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

It’s the continental leagues, especially France, where the real value is to be found. Their TV money is less, so the loss of match day income hurts them more than PL team. Plus the French league’s TV money is in trouble.

Of course if Ole fails to qualify for the CL, we won’t be buying anyone. That’ll be another load of revenue gone.