Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6260
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
It’s an obvious choice but I’m increasing of the mind that Declan Rice is the DM we need. He’s been captain since he was 21 or 20. Imposes himself on the game well. Might not be the most technically polished player, but his passing is better than people realise, and he still has time to develop. The DM Bruno really. De Beek shows there’s no point signing a very technical player who is used to well drilled patterns of play. We play bog standard 4-2-3-1, which is the 442 of the 21st century, and it’s up to each individual player to do his thing. It’s all about “character” with us.
I feel sorry for VdB. Sold a false promise, hardly played, expected to be awesome when he does get a chance and then dropped for games at a time when he doesn't put in a Bruno-esque performance.

He didn't seem to want to do anything with the ball last night, just played the give and go. He seems to have lost confidence and isn't sure what he needs to be doing. I don't think his movement helped, he seemed to be playing far too forward and not offering himself in midfield. Jenas hit the nail on the head when he said that it looks like Donny doesn't want to make any mistakes when he does get a chance for fear of sitting on the bench for the next 5 games and this prevents him from playing his natural game.
VDB seems to want to be on the receiving end of a pass rather than being the provider when he plays up front. I thought he was a lot more involved when he played deeper in a couple of other games. He never loses the ball, even in tight areas.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8428
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Yeah VDB is the type to drift into space when playing up top. He’s more Mata like maybe. But I think he’d be good as an all round midfielder, rather than an attacker.

Really when you look at it, none of our midfielders play consistently well except for Fernandes, and Fernandes is given license to be a classic 10, at least as much of an attacker as a midfielder. I don’t think there’s something wrong with all of our midfielders. I think the coaching and management isn’t getting the midfield tactics right.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5960
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Fred and VDB behind Bruno could be quality. VDB has a mixture of energy, technical ability and tactical awareness. He’s not gonna breeze past players but he’s good with the ball, reads the game well and doesn’t shit it under pressure. Given a run in his best position he could be fine. If Pogba fucks off it may open a door next season, but most likely he’s not going to oust McTominay
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6260
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Fred and VDB behind Bruno could be quality. VDB has a mixture of energy, technical ability and tactical awareness. He’s not gonna breeze past players but he’s good with the ball, reads the game well and doesn’t shit it under pressure. Given a run in his best position he could be fine. If Pogba fucks off it may open a door next season, but most likely he’s not going to oust McTominay
VDB wins tackles too. Reasonably well. If he can't cement his place in Pogba's position then it's his own fault. Assuming Ole plays him there rather than up front.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4989
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Upamecamo to Bayern. Another we missed out on.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25899
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Bayern are gonna be unstoppable. They just won 6 trophies in a year, the second team to do it, the other being Peps Barca.

A lot of the top young coaches are German too. Might be the way for us to go after Ole.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5960
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Bayern are gonna be unstoppable. They just won 6 trophies in a year, the second team to do it, the other being Peps Barca.

A lot of the top young coaches are German too. Might be the way for us to go after Ole.
This might sound daft after we just tanked his side 9-0, but I rate Hassenhuttl. I like the fella at RB Leipzig too
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25899
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Bayern are gonna be unstoppable. They just won 6 trophies in a year, the second team to do it, the other being Peps Barca.

A lot of the top young coaches are German too. Might be the way for us to go after Ole.
This might sound daft after we just tanked his side 9-0, but I rate Hassenhuttl. I like the fella at RB Leipzig too
Yeah Hasenhuttl's definitely gonna get a big job at some point. Also regarding the 9-0, I don't think it's as bad as it used to be. Teams get hammered these days. Barca conceded 8 to Bayern, Spurs 7, Liverpool 7 to Villa etc. We've had a 9-0 and a 6-2 against managers two that play that modern attacking football. 5-0 against Nagelsmann too. If you can beat their press you can smash em.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4989
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

I'd keep a weather eye on Hoffenheim's coach Sebastian Hoeneß too. Still early days for him to have a dramatic impact on Hoffenheim but I suspect in a couple of seasons he'll be seen to be another good, young German coach.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 25899
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
I'd keep a weather eye on Hoffenheim's coach Sebastian Hoeneß too. Still early days for him to have a dramatic impact on Hoffenheim but I suspect in a couple of seasons he'll be seen to be another good, young German coach.
Germany seem to be dominating european football again. Bayern have raised the bar, winning 6 trophies in a single year. It's realistic that you could have 3 german coaches at 3 top english clubs, if Nagelsmann joins Klopp & Tuchel. It seems they're blossoming in this era of attacking football, now that the spanish era & tiki taka has come to an end. And like you say there's other younger germany managers coming through too.
Post Reply