Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
The worst part was the nature of the signing. He was already on the decline at Arsenal. He was about to join City but came to us only for the money. The exact kind of signing Ole avoids.
City apparently come close to signing all our flops, don't they? They were supposedly in for Maguire. I think they're playing us.

Ed & Jose should have been suspicious when Wenger reacted with surprise that we were interested when even fans could see he wasn't put up the same numbers.

In other news Lingard has agreed a loan deal with West Ham til the end of the season. Gutted it's not permanent.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

I don't see the point in loaning Lingard out. Sell him yeah, but why loan him? And tbh, the way Martial is playing, he might even be a better option.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
The worst part was the nature of the signing. He was already on the decline at Arsenal. He was about to join City but came to us only for the money. The exact kind of signing Ole avoids.
City apparently come close to signing all our flops, don't they? They were supposedly in for Maguire. I think they're playing us.

Ed & Jose should have been suspicious when Wenger reacted with surprise that we were interested when even fans could see he wasn't put up the same numbers.

In other news Lingard has agreed a loan deal with West Ham til the end of the season. Gutted it's not permanent.
Don't forget they also duped us into buying Fred.....Sanchez, Fred + Maguire.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
I'm with you that the type of signing we are making these days is better than the shite under Ole's predecessors but I'm not convinced Ole is doing his homework. We paid way over the top for Maguire and AWB and James has shown about as much talent as a one legged Lee Sharpe.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
I don't see the point in loaning Lingard out. Sell him yeah, but why loan him? And tbh, the way Martial is playing, he might even be a better option.
Think it's more of a favour to Lingard, he isn't going to get game time under Ole and they want to do right by him, at least this way if he does well as a loanee, then Moyes might buy him in the summer.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Moyes and Allardyce are our only hope of offloading Jones. We need to keep em sweet and crack on before they get sacked.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

We're interested in 22 year old Sevilla defender Jules Kounde. Looks like he can play centreback and fullback. Also very agile, strong and good on the ball.

bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Another left footed CB that looks good is Bokman, who just moved from Ajax to Lille. Tall and imposing but good on the ball. Or so he looks anyway. He doesn’t look like greased lightning, but he doesn’t look really slow either. And French clubs are financially fucked so...
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

The reason I like Maguire is he stays fit and he's better than the others (but still not great).
I just want a decent defender who can stay fit. Anything better is a bonus.
My expectations have gone down of defenders.
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

So Liverpool get Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak, whilst United's management are sat there with thumbs up their own arses.

Stuck with Lindelof and Maguire. Jones back in the United squad after a year out with injury - he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.