Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Disappointing about Sancho. But Dortmund were asking for a lot. And this August 10th deadline was shite too. I wish we'd had a second choice we just moved on instead. But think how well Sancho would have had to do to justify £120M in the year of coronavirus?

I think ticket sales are a huge part of Dortmund's revenue. Hopefully the cunts are broke next summer and we can pick over their talent, with other clubs too.
Not sure if I was ever fully sold, obviously he is class, but other positions need sorted(but that's gonna happen either)

The thing with sancho, I reckon it was this summer or never, there isn't much hope of utd getting cl again next season, so that will prob rule out any move for him next season, regardless of the price.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Good that Smalling is gone. I’m ok us being stubborn. At some point we had to break the reputation for being mugs. There’s reports now of people in the sport complaining we’ve gone from one extreme to the other, but maybe it’s necessary for us to get a reputation for being tight in order to stop being taken for a ride. It meant that there’d be a summer where we didn’t get what we want, and I guess that’s now.
Nah mate, we look like cunts. Fucking players lives around for a couple of million isn't being stubborn, it's being top cunts. Smalling should be thanked for 10 years service and let gone. Romero's missus has been tweeting to say it's time to respect what the player did for the club (took us to 3 semi finals and then didn't get played and we subsequently lost them). I agree with her, we don't need Romero on the books and we could do with shifting his wages.

Being stubborn with Cavani's agent fees or ridiculous wages is a good stubborn.

PS - Cavani has been given the No 7 shirt. WTF!!!!!!! He's going to be here for two seasons and I don't think he will play that much. That's defo no Sancho or other top right winger in then for the foreseeable....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck him having the 7 shirt. That's some marketing wank to boost shirt sales.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Good that Smalling is gone. I’m ok us being stubborn. At some point we had to break the reputation for being mugs. There’s reports now of people in the sport complaining we’ve gone from one extreme to the other, but maybe it’s necessary for us to get a reputation for being tight in order to stop being taken for a ride. It meant that there’d be a summer where we didn’t get what we want, and I guess that’s now.
Nah mate, we look like cunts. Fucking players lives around for a couple of million isn't being stubborn, it's being top cunts. Smalling should be thanked for 10 years service and let gone. Romero's missus has been tweeting to say it's time to respect what the player did for the club (took us to 3 semi finals and then didn't get played and we subsequently lost them). I agree with her, we don't need Romero on the books and we could do with shifting his wages.

Being stubborn with Cavani's agent fees or ridiculous wages is a good stubborn.

PS - Cavani has been given the No 7 shirt. WTF!!!!!!! He's going to be here for two seasons and I don't think he will play that much. That's defo no Sancho or other top right winger in then for the foreseeable....
I agree that we look like cunts, and it's a harsh way to treat the players. But I think that maybe we have to go through a period of looking like cunts to break this reputation for being mugs. For years we've let players leave for nothing, but paid through the nose for anyone we signed. Better to be cunts than to be mugs. And when we're taken seriously again, then we can afford to be a bit generous in situations like Smalling's.

Anyway, Smalling could easily play for several years in the Italian league, he's in great shape, and defenders in particular have a long shelf life there. Roma are taking the piss a bit with their lowball offers.
bman2
Legend

I'm not the only one who doesn't actually know for certain who we've signed, right? So its van de Beek and Telles for certain, then maybe Cavani, maybe Pellistri, maybe Traoré? I can see some of them being handy, and the last two being prospects who might get into the first team this season. But it's shit that we haven't signed a single player for the starting 11 this summer.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Apparently now the Sancho deal is dead the focus has turned to Watford’s Ismaila Sarr. They want 50m. We'd have 11 days to sign him before the domestic window closes.

Edit: we had a bid rejected
Jason
Star Man

We keep getting told there is a plan, and its a 4 year rebuild.
If there is a fucking plan, why does it take to deadline day to actually complete any transfers?
I mean if signing cavani as a free agent was part of the why wasn't he brought in months ago?

It just more incompetence at all levels, more proof they haven't a clue at what they are doing, but then its never going to change.
bman2
Legend

I hope we've signed Amad Traoré. He's left-footed at least. I don't have any real opinion on Sarr. Probably better than Valencia.

We'll soon just be putting them into the mixer for Cavani to have a go, you just know it.
Jason
Star Man

jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago We keep getting told there is a plan, and its a 4 year rebuild.
If there is a fucking plan, why does it take to deadline day to actually complete any transfers?
I mean if signing cavani as a free agent was part of the why wasn't he brought in months ago?

It just more incompetence at all levels, more proof they haven't a clue at what they are doing, but then its never going to change.
Actually wait, #Cavani is going off the charts right now on twitter, woodward is collecting all the great upsurge for the next shareholders meeting. Holding the deal back is working a treat for his deadline day marquee tweer drive.

Assume he will continue to ignore the trends in #woodwardout and #glazersout, might not go down so well.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

In-keeping with the incompetence at United, we almost fucked up selling Smalling to Roma

Chris Smalling’s transfer to Roma is complete. “The paperwork to the Italian FA was lodged with a minute to spare,” reports Jamie Jackson. “The price is 15 million euros plus add-ons.” The latest drama of an extremely busy day at Old Trafford.

They had all summer to do this deal but they left it to the last minute and nearly fucked it up