Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 3 years ago I was wondering what happened to that turk, Nuri Sahin, he was supposed to be a top talent.
He's playing for Werder Bremen, after being rejected by Pool and Real. Another Dortmund "world class player" ruined outside the club.
Are you suggesting that sancho wont make the grade if he leaves?
For every sahin there is a Lewandowski, for every goetze there is an aubameyang, for every kagawa there is a hummels.

There is no correlation to suggest sancho will fail based on a select few that didnt make it when they left.
FuB
Site Admin

jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago I was wondering what happened to that turk, Nuri Sahin, he was supposed to be a top talent.
He's playing for Werder Bremen, after being rejected by Pool and Real. Another Dortmund "world class player" ruined outside the club.
For every sahin there is a Lewandowski, for every goetze there is an aubameyang, for every kagawa there is a hummels.

There is no correlation to suggest sancho will fail based on a select few that didnt make it when they left.
if there was there'd also have to be a correlation to suggest that Rojo should have been amazing because he came from Sporting Lisbon like Ronaldo and Fernandes
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago

What I was saying again was that Dortmund have had way too many players who were supposedly world class or to be world class but flopped elsewhere.
Even Hummels didn't quite make it. Perhaps it was injuries... but statistically speaking their products who are even sometimes considered the best in the world (in their respective position) fail terribly outside.
Perhaps Dortmund are excellent at getting more than the sum of its parts.

Who knows what Sancho will turn out to be? Is he rated as high as peak Goetze and Reus was? I don't think so.
YEs, we must also look at the players wholistically, like scouts would, and use judgement based on footballing expertise.
But that's what's been happening and yet so many Dortmund players have flopped that the odds are worse than a coin toss that these players will do well elsewhere.
swampash
Legend

I’d still take the risk with Sancho.
swampash
Legend

I still can’t see him going anywhere other than Liverpool though.
bman2
Legend

Chelsea have signed Werner. He should be ace for them, he's a real goal machine in Germany.

Sounds like Pogba is staying with us. Looks like we're not buying a striker. Basically Sancho or bust for us then is it?
dozer
Legend

Chelsea can spend a lot now considering they've mainly only sold players in the previous couple of seasons.
dozer
Legend

RB Leipzig managing director Oliver Mintzlaff revealed no club yet has made a formal offer for star striker Timo Werner after it was earlier reported that Chelsea had agreed a deal to land the 24-year-old.

According to Mintzlaff, Werner remains a Leipzig player as no club has triggered his buy-out clause yet, which is reportedly in the region of 53 million pounds, as per Daily Mail.
“We haven’t had an exchange yet. Accordingly, we have nothing to report,” Mintzlaff was quoted as saying by Sky Sports Germany as per Daily Mail.
“Timo Werner is a player for RB Leipzig. He signalled a few weeks ago that he was busy with a transfer. Until now nothing is done.”

Following 30 matches, Leipzig occupy the third spot in the Bundesliga table and Mintzlaff stated Werner remains an important player for them in their push for a Champions League spot next season.
“We are concentrating on the final sprint in the league. We want to qualify for the Champions League. That is the only thing we are currently discussing with Timo,” he said.
“It was important for us that we extend the contract with him. We did that last summer because of course it is important for our young club that no player moves on a free transfer.
“Of course, there was this exit clause that we put in the contract to give him the opportunity to take the next step.

“Now Timo is sitting in the driver’s seat, not us anymore. So far, he has not drawn upon the clause, nor has any club sent us a transfer contract,” Mintzlaff added.
https://www.thestatesman.com/sports/che ... 97395.html
dozer
Legend

Rumours of us bidding 40m euros on van de Beek.
Checked him out on YouTube... Seems similar to mctominay
bman2
Legend

A Dutch midfielder playing for Ajax can’t be too shabby.