Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

I don't want us signing a mercenary cunt if he doesn't want to be here, like we did with di Maria.

Where the club should be criticised is why it wasted so much time in negotiations with Juventus when it was clear that this was the case all along? We are apparently looking at alternative number 10s. With 4 days left, finding an alternative is going to be a huge task.

We'll end up starting the season still stuck with the same 2 disgruntled players that no longer want to play for us
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

Pep on us signing Maguire:

Guardiola said: "Yeah. Maguire is an excellent, top-class player. We were interested, but we could not afford it. United afford it. He's an excellent player, national team too, he had an incredible World Cup.

"He's strong in the air, good with the ball, the build-up, he drives with the ball, he's fast, so fast. He has all the qualities. Congratulations to United for this signature."

Well, if Pep reckons he's fast, then who am I to argue!
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49230085

Definitely reads like a briefing from the club. No longer interested in Dybala, he asked for too much. Not interested in Fernandes. Might still sell Lukaku, but not getting a replacement. Putting faith in yoof.

Entirely predictable. Just as predicted. Same old. This club is just shit to support these days tbf. Not even interested in being a serious outfit.
Aye, it's frustrating that we will probably have the same dross we had at the end of last season. The likes of Young, Rojo, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Matic, Lingard et al. The reality is, no other club wants them either, especially having to pay them the wages they're on.

It's frustrating also that we haven't bought as many as us fans think we need. The likes of Fernandes would have been mint, maybe even Pepe and we haven't even looked at a DM.

I'm half glad we haven't gone in for Dybala, he clearly doesn't fancy us and would only move if we pay him a shit load. Something all us fans have been moaning is rotten at the club, so at least something is being done about it moving forwards.

I think putting the faith in the yoof is one of the upsides to all this. There are some quality youngsters on the verge of regular football. We moaned when Mourinho overlooked them in favour of buying in, and some are still moaning that we aren't signing anyone and putting trust into the yoof. Can't have it both ways.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago

Aye, it's frustrating that we will probably have the same dross we had at the end of last season. The likes of Young, Rojo, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Matic, Lingard et al. The reality is, no other club wants them either, especially having to pay them the wages they're on.

It's frustrating also that we haven't bought as many as us fans think we need. The likes of Fernandes would have been mint, maybe even Pepe and we haven't even looked at a DM.

I'm half glad we haven't gone in for Dybala, he clearly doesn't fancy us and would only move if we pay him a shit load. Something all us fans have been moaning is rotten at the club, so at least something is being done about it moving forwards.

I think putting the faith in the yoof is one of the upsides to all this. There are some quality youngsters on the verge of regular football. We moaned when Mourinho overlooked them in favour of buying in, and some are still moaning that we aren't signing anyone and putting trust into the yoof. Can't have it both ways.
Not trying to have it both ways, there has to be some balance. I think our defensive signings look good. But I'm amazed we haven't found a decent midfielder or two. Midfield is so weak right now. When we talk about yoof, the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, Gardner etc are very young -- if they were a year or two older you might take about bringing the youth in, but this looks a bit desperate.

Matic - shit
Fred - shit
McT - ok, growing into it
Pereira - Cleverley 2.0
Pogba - class, but will he even be here in september?

Did I miss anybody? Remember the back end of last season. And our midfield is worse now.
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

I agree with you bman, we have too many average/shit players for a club of our stature. And it does need resolving. But a mass exodus of shite means that they need to be replaced. And we seem just as inept at signing players as we are at moving them on. So perhaps it's not a bad idea, seeing as we are a team in transition and no prospects of winning any trophies, to play the yoof and bring in no-names with ambition and desire.

Apparently we are 40-1 to win the league this season. FORTY to ONE!
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

We're not signing Dybala eh? Bullet dodged. South American jinx, not so great anyway, overpriced wages. Would have fit well in our transfer strategy post Fergie but it's a good sign if we skip him. I'm glad we got rid of Herrera for the same reason although he was Spanish and I don't think his wages were mental.
Last edited by dozer on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
I agree with you bman, we have too many average/shit players for a club of our stature. And it does need resolving. But a mass exodus of shite means that they need to be replaced. And we seem just as inept at signing players as we are at moving them on. So perhaps it's not a bad idea, seeing as we are a team in transition and no prospects of winning any trophies, to play the yoof and bring in no-names with ambition and desire.

When did youth become yoof? I've been seeing it here a lot lately. Is it a play on the word hoof?
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Pep on us signing Maguire:

Guardiola said: "Yeah. Maguire is an excellent, top-class player. We were interested, but we could not afford it. United afford it. He's an excellent player, national team too, he had an incredible World Cup.

"He's strong in the air, good with the ball, the build-up, he drives with the ball, he's fast, so fast. He has all the qualities. Congratulations to United for this signature."

Well, if Pep reckons he's fast, then who am I to argue!
He also said signing Maguire makes us title contenders
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Well at least this summer we have improved the defence with Bissaka and Maguire

But the midfield is still glaringly shit. Not managing to move on Joses hoofers in Fred and Matic, while letting our best ball winner go, is gonna bite us on the arse.

McTominay will be a better screen than Matic as he's a bit more agile, has better feet and is better in tight areas. But it still int great. Losing Pog just int an option.
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago

When did youth become yoof? I've been seeing it here a lot lately. Is it a play on the word hoof?
I prefer 'yoot'. Anyone who's seen ''My 'Cousin Vinny' will know what I'm talking about.