Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Star Man

1 year ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
1 year ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
1 year ago
hed like to stay but a club that signs top players has decided hes shite, enter utd ffs
^^^ This!

Particularly if signing this fella is to the detriment of areas where we need to strengthen!

Also, I'm starting to get seriously fucked off with OGS:

- Some of these players won't be here next season
- Transfers will be completed early
- We're still working on a couple of things, let's see

~X(
As if Ole has got any say in anything. He came in as interim puppet when we sacked Mourinho and the Board were so impressed with his obedience, that they decided to keep him on for 3 more years because they know he won't make a fuss, throw his toys out of the pram, make snide comments in the press etc. Transfers (in and out) and decided by the Board and Fergie tells him how to play football (in the great United tradition) because he doesn't have much in the way of tactical nous.

Hoping to be proved wrong though.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Never really understood what Dybala does. Is he a 9, 10, inside forward? No clue on the cunt
When Dybala had that excellent season in 2017/18, Allegri said that Dybala was good enough to play 9, false 9, 9 1/2 or 10. He even went as far as saying he could play as an offensive midfielder, his passing was that good. This would suit Ole's proposed 1-4-2-3-1 formation, which the team have been playing in pre-season.
Nice one. So an all round creative forward. Tbf if he's in form we could really do with someone like that, cutting in from wide or playing off a CF. I just checked his stats and during that excellent season he scored 26 goals which is great for someone whose not an out an out striker. Then like you say it dropped off when Ronnie arrived, scoring just 10. He probably needs a move away to reinvigorate his career.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Manchester United and Juventus have agreed a swap deal in principle involving Paulo Dybala and Romelu Lukaku, according to Sky in Italy

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -principle

I suppose the reasoning is we can't get a top replacement like Dybala for the 54m Inter are offering
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

He might shine being the main man in attack at United. On the other hand, it’s the type of signing that’s been a total bust for us in recent years — di Maria, Sanchez — so I’ll keep my excitement in check if it happens.
Robbo
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Manchester United and Juventus have agreed a swap deal in principle involving Paulo Dybala and Romelu Lukaku, according to Sky in Italy

I suppose the reasoning is we can't get a top replacement like Dybala for the 54m Inter are offering
Yet again smoke being blown out of some journalists arsehole, clickbait nothing else, nothing to see so move on.
-----------------------------------------------------
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

I really hope the dybala rumours aren't true.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Robbo wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago

Yet again smoke being blown out of some journalists arsehole, clickbait nothing else, nothing to see so move on.
These aren't just rumours, Dybala's people are in england to discuss the deal

I wouldn't be surprised if it was to force Sporting's hand and sell Fernandes. They're desperate to get rid (all the hype about him joining is coming from them) but keep holding out for more. So if we go with our second choice in Dybala it might force Sporting to finally accept our offer.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
I really hope the dybala rumours aren't true.
south american midget number ten fanny who don’t wanna leave his club, all the makings of a massive flop tbf
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

How would everyone feel if we were to have signed the following players by 8 August:

Daniel James
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Harry Maguire
Bruno Fernandes
Paulo Dybala
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
How would everyone feel if we were to have signed the following players by 8 August:

Daniel James
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Harry Maguire
Bruno Fernandes
Paulo Dybala
Sure, on paper sounds great. I'm not going to let myself get carried away anymore. We're desperate for a bit of class in attack, but Dybala is a player that's been offered to us in the closing days of the window, not a player we've gone out and targeted, so chances are it'll be a bust. The others look like solid signings at massive expense. We'll be lucky anyway if we sign just one of them before the window shuts.