Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Maguire's pass completion last season is worse than Smalling and Jones. This idea he's a ball playing CB is a bit of a con, he just does those "marauding" runs commentators wank over.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 months ago

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 months ago

hed like to stay but a club that signs top players has decided hes shite, enter utd ffs
lkhm

hoofing
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Lessons aren't being learned by the club. We will probably offer him a mental salary.

I know a lot of people don't rate him that much, saying he's too inconsistent. I personally think he is a fantastic player, but I have serious question marks about whether he'll fancy it at United. Going from Juventus to playing Europa League football at United. It's not so much his ability that I question.

Also, if we get Dybala, will we still go for Fernandes (assuming we were ever in for him)?
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

I dont believe we're in for Dybala. But if we are, it seems so reactionary. We should've had a crystal clear view of who and what was needed this summer.

I dont think we have a real plan.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Never really understood what Dybala does. Is he a 9, 10, inside forward? No clue on the cunt
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Yeah I agree with both of you. Dybala doesn't seem that quick or a hard presser. Skillful, but inconsistent, and seems like his best position of second striker doesn't really fit into Ole's formation. He also doesn't even sound that interested in coming to United.
Pikey McScum
Star Man

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
hed like to stay but a club that signs top players has decided hes shite, enter utd ffs
^^^ This!

Particularly if signing this fella is to the detriment of areas where we need to strengthen!

Also, I'm starting to get seriously fucked off with OGS:

- Some of these players won't be here next season
- Transfers will be completed early
- We're still working on a couple of things, let's see

~X(
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
Yeh, a top club that wants to sign one of our flops.

I personally rate Dybala. He had a wicked season two seasons ago, scored 22 and made a number of assists and generally tormented opposition defences. Last season Ronaldo turned up at Juve and suddenly Dybala got marginalised and had a shite season. An in-form Dybala would be a great addition to the squad. He can play on the right of a front three, which would solve that problem somewhat, especially if AWB gets forward during next season as much as he did in pre-season.

Ok, he probably doesn't want to come to United as it'd be a step down in terms of playing for Europe's top teams. But I'd rather have Dybala than keep Lukaku, who doesn't suit our system whatsoever.
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Never really understood what Dybala does. Is he a 9, 10, inside forward? No clue on the cunt
When Dybala had that excellent season in 2017/18, Allegri said that Dybala was good enough to play 9, false 9, 9 1/2 or 10. He even went as far as saying he could play as an offensive midfielder, his passing was that good. This would suit Ole's proposed 1-4-2-3-1 formation, which the team have been playing in pre-season.
Last edited by fat maradona on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.