Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

It epitomises our club right now that people are hanging on with bated breath to see if we’ll manage to sign de Ligt for huge money, but we sold his CB partner, Daley Blind, to Ajax for buttons.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
sheesh wrote:
1 year ago
For United fans, the English summer is no longer synonymous with the smell of freshly cut grass. More like the strong whiff of shit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-16228683
Is Ed failing to land the players as per or were we never interested in the first place
ffs, it's The Mirror....there's probably about as much truth in that as there is Tory in you...
I don't normally give The Mirror any credibility, but its main source in that article comes from ESPN.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
I actually think the club has gotten good at signing its targets in recent windows — Lukaku, Pogba, Fred, Sanchez, these players seemed destined to sign for other big clubs. The problem is we’re targeting the wrong players.
despite that, it's not necessarily clear if those targets were chosen by Mourinho as the then manager (I mean, he gave up on Fred pretty quickly... and Lindelof didn't get much faith initially either) or it was all commercial considerations/agents telling woodward what we needed/fuck knows.

the fact it's not clear doesn't really bode well for Ole either. We might well be good at signing our targets recently but whose targets will they be?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
It epitomises our club right now that people are hanging on with bated breath to see if we’ll manage to sign de Ligt for huge money, but we sold his CB partner, Daley Blind, to Ajax for buttons.
I didn't spend a lot of time watching Ajax games but it did seem that Blind was the weak link in defence that teams were trying to target
Robbo
Legend

1 year ago

At the moment who will come to United all this talk about Griesman or de Ligt is pure fantasy football the big clubs have the pull to get the best players, all United can hope for is to get young and hopefully hungry players who will run their arses off and who knows what could happen.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

We've signed this 16 year old striker from Ajax. Not sure who exactly, Woodward, Ole, Fletcher?

FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
We've signed this 16 year old striker from Ajax. Not sure who exactly, Woodward, Ole, Fletcher?

He has some of the same letters as De Ligt in his name so Woodward probably got confused and thought he was doing a good deal.

I often wonder if the Martial signing from Monaco was just a question of them signing "the one whose name begins with M" and really wanting Mbappe.
fat maradona
Star Man

1 year ago

That young lad from Ajax is supposed to be one of their academy's best prospects. Might turn out to be a good 'un.

Other rumours are that we've offered Rabiot £170k p/w. I like him but wonder if his attitude is right for the dressing room, as he can be a bit of a snowflake by all accounts. And Real are willing to give us Bale, Isco & James for Pogba...decent swap if you ask me, I'd take it.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

So Real want our best player and offer shite in return, you must be joking. Isco's a good player, but no one is interested in Bale or James. Why would we watch Real hand over over serious coin to Chelsea for Hazard, but let ourselves be fobbed off with dross?

Real sound a bit skint to me. Barca too. They don't have the money to match their ambitions this summer.
fat maradona
Star Man

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
So Real want our best player and offer shite in return, you must be joking. Isco's a good player, but no one is interested in Bale or James. Why would we watch Real hand over over serious coin to Chelsea for Hazard, but let ourselves be fobbed off with dross?

Real sound a bit skint to me. Barca too. They don't have the money to match their ambitions this summer.
No one wants to pay Bale's wages, which is why they aren't interested. Not saying that we would either but I'd take a half fit Bale over an uninterested Pogba any day.

Not sure what the deal is with James but he hasn't performed for a couple of seasons. He showed at the WC that he can be very good but maybe he doesn't like sauerkraut, hence why he's been shite at Bayern.