Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

3 weeks ago

Alf's favourite player iirc. He was unhappy that we signed Fellaini instead.
Look at Strootman now. Been crap. Made of glass
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

I rated strootman too. Good player, good talent, shit luck with injuries. It’s a hard profession. He had amazing leadership qualities for a young player before he got fucked up.
sheesh
Legend

3 weeks ago

Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
3 weeks ago
Could be a good move, but could easily descend into chaos with too many different opinions and no consensus
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 weeks ago
I get what you're saying about buying and developing. But I completely disagree about your Kroos comments. He keeps the Real midfield ticking along, a bit like Rakitic for Barca and Verratti for PSG. You don't read much about those two either but both are important to their respective sides.

I'd welcome Kroos and only wish Moyes/Woodward had signed him up back in 2013.
I’m with dozer on Kroos. Used to be great for Bayern but Real have turned him into a very average player. His recent outings for the national team have been really poor.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
3 weeks ago
swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
James Rodriguez looking to leave Bayern...get on the phone to him fast!!!
Don't think he'd suit us. We need wide men who're a bit more direct - he strikes me as more of a number 10 type.
Nah, he’s a real midfielder. Creative but hard too. Tackles.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

3 weeks ago

While an oversight committee might help what is really needed is accountability and that appears to be sadly lacking at United. Since Sir Alex and Gill left our transfers have been governed more by the headlines they make rather that any football decision. The holder of the purse string (Woodward) is making the final call on who come and who goes. If he is taking the advise of the scouting department and the players are flops then shake-up the scouting department; on the other hand, if Woodward is ignoring those tasked with finding player and going instead for who brings more headlines to the club then the blame lands on his doorstep.

Woodward has made far too much money for the Glazers to be in danger of being fired while revenues remain healthy.
FuB
Legend

3 weeks ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 weeks ago
While an oversight committee might help what is really needed is accountability and that appears to be sadly lacking at United. Since Sir Alex and Gill left our transfers have been governed more by the headlines they make rather that any football decision. The holder of the purse string (Woodward) is making the final call on who come and who goes. If he is taking the advise of the scouting department and the players are flops then shake-up the scouting department; on the other hand, if Woodward is ignoring those tasked with finding player and going instead for who brings more headlines to the club then the blame lands on his doorstep.

Woodward has made far too much money for the Glazers to be in danger of being fired while revenues remain healthy.
Got to agree with this. Seems to me that Woodward wants to still play at being DoF whilst simultaneously muddying the waters as to who is making the choices. We can now all blame any future flops on the opinions of some ex-players, none of whom anyone wanted singularly. Why does a council of some of our once favourite players (and Fletcher) make any difference when it's clear the underlying system has been failing and Woodward will still, essentially, be calling the shots?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 weeks ago

https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... -ultimatum

We're wasting our time. We're being played to try and squeeze more out of Barca. If by some miracle he moves to Manchester, it wont be a red shirt he's wearing....
marlon
Legend

3 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
3 weeks ago
swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
James Rodriguez looking to leave Bayern...get on the phone to him fast!!!
Don't think he'd suit us. We need wide men who're a bit more direct - he strikes me as more of a number 10 type.
Nah, he’s a real midfielder. Creative but hard too. Tackles.
Yeah, he might be the best player we have a chance of getting this summer. Only concern is how little he's played over the last few years.

And he's 27 - if we're being sincere about a rebuild (I doubt it) - there's no point.