Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
I'm guessing that's Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah fucked then. Unless they're going to play at CB or CM.

They probably both need another year out on loan too. Did FM get on OK at Palace? Didn't really track his performances though I hear he did well against City.
Fosu started well then drifted....lost his place arojnd new year ...
Maybe RB isn’t his position ....
I did like him tho....wish he could get a good loan playing in MF? Maybe Rangers?
Fuck Rangers Snoop, he needs top level football if he's going to learn and develop otherwise he won't become United quality and you and Jose will start saying "well he didn't become the next Vidic so get rid and sign a 29 year old"
Thing is Sid ....he’s had a great chance of doing something at Palace....but he didn’t do enough to be starting.
Big much to suggest he should start for us most games surely?!
What’s wrong with Rangers? That or championship.....
Sessegnon managed to stand out in the championship so he should be aiming for similar
See, it's started already. He played a lot, got a great run out, but Pardrew was at Palace, so there you go.

I want him to get a loan to a decent club in a decent league or be a squaddie and start against the riff raff. Not much to ask. You're writing him off already like you are all our young players before they've even had a decent crack at it and chance to develop.

Also we don't want our players to play for a club that has a picture of the queen in the dressing room that they all stroke and kiss
Really? I’d be a fan of Rangers - used to go to a fair few games ...I’d not make comments like that about Celtic and the pope!

I’m not writing anyone off....
I’ve been a big supporter of Fosu, Tuanzebe, Williams/Gomes etc getting chances

I’m saying maybe RB isn’t his best position!!
A proper loan at CB or MF in the Champiknship would do
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5611
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
He played a lot for a 20 year old in the PL and more than any other defender. If Mourinho doesn't want him next season, he should get another loan in a top league. There's no reason to take a step back.
21 games - is that a lot? Suppose it is

He clearly wasn’t good enough - if they didn’t play him after new year tho
is 21 games a lot for a 20 year old, Snoops? You've had enough to say on that in the past re Rashford, though, haven't you?

for instance, here: viewtopic.php?p=137942#p137942 where you say that Rashford has...
Snoopcousins wrote: played more than enough for a 20 yr old
Given he didn't have as many competitions to appear in, let's be fair on Fosu-Mensah and just count his PL minutes.... that's 1594 minutes.
Rashford played 1810 minutes in the PL so that's just 216 minutes more... say, 2 1/2 games for the sake of argument.

More than enough for Rashford at 20 but seemingly nothing to write home about for an on-loan (so, essentially, stop-gap) Fosu-Mensah at 20.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
He played a lot for a 20 year old in the PL and more than any other defender. If Mourinho doesn't want him next season, he should get another loan in a top league. There's no reason to take a step back.
21 games - is that a lot? Suppose it is

He clearly wasn’t good enough - if they didn’t play him after new year tho
is 21 games a lot for a 20 year old, Snoops? You've had enough to say on that in the past re Rashford, though, haven't you?

for instance, here: viewtopic.php?p=137942#p137942 where you say that Rashford has...
Snoopcousins wrote: played more than enough for a 20 yr old
Given he didn't have as many competitions to appear in, let's be fair on Fosu-Mensah and just count his PL minutes.... that's 1594 minutes.
Rashford played 1810 minutes in the PL so that's just 216 minutes more... say, 2 1/2 games for the sake of argument.

More than enough for Rashford at 20 but seemingly nothing to write home about for an on-loan (so, essentially, stop-gap) Fosu-Mensah at 20.
You’re splitting hairs ....
Rashford also played in the other cups too btw

I also said it probably is a lot of games for 20 yr old.

I’ve said before I’m not convinced on Rashford making it at the highest level .....am I not allowed that opinion?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5611
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
marlon wrote:
1 year ago
He played a lot for a 20 year old in the PL and more than any other defender. If Mourinho doesn't want him next season, he should get another loan in a top league. There's no reason to take a step back.
21 games - is that a lot? Suppose it is

He clearly wasn’t good enough - if they didn’t play him after new year tho
is 21 games a lot for a 20 year old, Snoops? You've had enough to say on that in the past re Rashford, though, haven't you?

for instance, here: viewtopic.php?p=137942#p137942 where you say that Rashford has...
Snoopcousins wrote: played more than enough for a 20 yr old
Given he didn't have as many competitions to appear in, let's be fair on Fosu-Mensah and just count his PL minutes.... that's 1594 minutes.
Rashford played 1810 minutes in the PL so that's just 216 minutes more... say, 2 1/2 games for the sake of argument.

More than enough for Rashford at 20 but seemingly nothing to write home about for an on-loan (so, essentially, stop-gap) Fosu-Mensah at 20.
You’re splitting hairs ....
Rashford also played in the other cups too btw

I also said it probably is a lot of games for 20 yr old.

I’ve said before I’m not convinced on Rashford making it at the highest level .....am I not allowed that opinion?
I completely agree i'm splitting hairs, Snoops.

It's all you deserve, really. You spend nearly all the time doing exactly the same thing and then splitting the hair further and further until no fucker can be arsed to argue with you any more.

you're doing it again with your response to my post. you're doing it again with your response to marlon who, let's face it, generally picks undisputable holes in most of your arguments with REAL stats. Not stats he's heard some other knobend just "say" and assumed they are true.

"but, but, but" only goes so far.

re "Rashford also played in the other cups too btw". I specifically discounted anything that made things disparate and pointed that out. It's not a hole to pick in my argument, really. Palace didn't have the same length of run in any competition that we did so it's an unfair thing to compare them on, really. the only consistent thing is the PL which is the same number of games for both teams. I do realise that injuries, blah, blah will have an effect but this whole point was to make clear that you chop and change your argument to suit whatever you want to try and portray as the "informed" opinion.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Fub - l you’re neglecting to see that I said 20 games is probably a lot!!!
Youee basing your whole arguement on me saying the opposite ....
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7389
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
I don't believe the Arnautovic thing. Doesn't make any sense.
It might make sense if you think Mourinho might want a big physical guy to be back up to Lukaku, our whole attacking approach seems to be based on that.
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 5005
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Arnautavic has ability. He's given us problems whenever we've faced him and he's technically better than Lukaku. But 50m? Fuck no. There must be far better options out there for that sort of money.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5611
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Fub - l you’re neglecting to see that I said 20 games is probably a lot!!!
Youee basing your whole arguement on me saying the opposite ....
Snoops, you say:
Snoopcousins wrote: 21 games - is that a lot? Suppose it is

He clearly wasn’t good enough - if they didn’t play him after new year tho
which sounds anything but a committed statement. Regardless of that, you've spent a few previous posts more-or-less suggesting he must be shit because he couldn't cement a place in the Palace team. Surely, your implication there is that he should be playing more games... no? So when, exactly, is it a lot of games? When is it more than enough for a young player? Why, in the other thread I brought up, did you rail against me comparing Mbappe and Rashford when, ultimately, the only index you brought up prior to that was the age of a player?

The fact of the matter - as marlon clearly pointed out - is that Fosu-Mensah did pretty well as a stop-gap on loan player until such point as they wanted to bring through a player of their own. It makes perfect sense for Palace to decide to develop their own player instead of one of ours and their decision doesn't necessarily imply he wasn't up to the task.... yet you seem to think that it does without considering the wider picture.

I'm in complete agreement that Fosu-Mensah's future should be either breaking into our first team properly, getting shot of us to a decent team (for his own development's sake) or another loan to a top level team. Rangers is not a top level team however much it might be in your heart having been to watch them as you say. There's every chance that Slippy G's first foray into management will be a disaster and that's not going to help Fosu-Mensah's development at all.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5611
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
Arnautavic has ability. He's given us problems whenever we've faced him and he's technically better than Lukaku. But 50m? Fuck no. There must be far better options out there for that sort of money.
Not to disagree with your evaluation of Arnautovic but I'm not sure that, when we've long been discussing the frailty and inconsistency of our defence, we should look at whether a player gave us problems when we faced him.

On one hand, 50m seems obviously a bullshit figure that's been leaked by West Ham or Arnautovic's people to either start the ball rolling or sure up an improved contract for him.... however, on the other hand, it could easily be yet another example of Woodward's complete inability to truly understand the value of a player.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4384
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

I wouldn't dismiss Rangers out of hand as an option for Fosu-Mensah. Rangers look to be on their way back. Better option though, imho, would be Stuttgart. Rebounded from relegation to finish 7th in the Bundesliga last season. Nice balance of youth and experience, no prima donnas, intelligent first team coach and likely to be challenging for a top 4 place next season. A year's loan could really help him.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Post Reply