Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:He'll score goals but we need more than that, we need him to help us play actual proper football, and help us bag another 20/30 odd goals by improving our all round play

And then he needs to score against the best in CL
So he needs to score 25+ goals and also assist or pre-assist another 30+ goals ?!

Hmmmm
No don't be daft, he needs to make our forward play more fluid. But for that we also need Mourinho to play Martial, Mickey and Rashford within 15 yards of him, not in fucking defence.
zzzzzds
First Teamer

3 years ago

senna wrote:Looks like Neymar to PSG will actually happen.
I have to say that this Neymar business is all a bit strange. He is clearly a gifted footballer but his proposed transfer fee is off the charts compared to his actual contribution on the pitch.

For comparison last season in La Liga Messi (32 games) scored 37 goals with 9 assists and Suarez (34 games) scored 29 goals and had 13 assists. Neymar (30 games) scored 13 goals and had 11 assists in a league where the gap between Barca and Madrid and the rest is huge. Alexis Sanchez (36 games) scored 24 goals with 10 assists in the premier league which is far more competitive than La Liga.

I'm not saying he isn't a talented footballer, but at he end of it all it's about putting the ball in the back of the net. If I'm going to spunk £195m on one player I think I'd want a bit more end product than 13 goals and 11 assists.

If Barca think clearly they should take the PSG money and buy Mbappe who scored 15 goals in 17 games plus 6 in 6 games in the CL last season. They would also have enough to buy Veratti from PSG or strengthen their defence.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

People are saying PSG are signing Sanchez as well as Neymar!
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Really???
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
jason_uk
Star Man

3 years ago

So matic looks like it's happening, probably one of the more underwhelming deals, buts he's a solid player, And if it frees up pogba more then all the better.
50 mill a lot of cash tho!
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

How much money has been spent so far?

The Torygraph reckon about 700m, and there's still 40 odd days left or some shite
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

Matic isn't an improvement over Fellaini or Herrera.
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

dozer wrote:Matic isn't an improvement over Fellaini or Herrera.
true no flair/style just a grunt,(we full of grunts) herra as much as i like him isnt a DF or a attacking midfielder we need 10+ from our attacking midfielders.He`s the best of a average lot.
not including pogs, who is the wildcard, is it mou playing him out of position or his natural instinct to protect the leaky defence.

read somewhere that vidal is being tapped up by utd now theres a midfielder tht would turn us around
Last edited by Davel on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

Didn't Tolisso cost 50m? Ridiculous price for Matic. You could probably find 50 better mids in Europe.
Davel
Legend

3 years ago

marlon wrote:Didn't Tolisso cost 50m? Ridiculous price for Matic. You could probably find 50 better mids in Europe.
your being generous marlon, you could probally find 50 better in manchester.