Falcao

Manchester United chat
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

I've read this morning that a number of sources and documents in Colombia reckon he's two years older than he's making out, so 30 rather than 28...???
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Desperate signing by a desperate team... Woodworm didn't get the player he spent all summer chasing... again... so made a last minute "big name" deal just to puff out his chest...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

I don't know Alf, Falcao said he'd been talking with United for months prior to the signing, so I don't think it was a panic buy

I think Van Gaal is conscious of Van Persie's age and injury history, and Rooney's shitness
sheesh

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Desperate signing by a desperate team... Woodworm didn't get the player he spent all summer chasing... again... so made a last minute "big name" deal just to puff out his chest...
I don't agree with you, Alf. The deal made sense for the club IMO.

Welbeck wanted out of United because a) he wasn't getting enough game time and b) when he was being played he was too often being played out of his preferred position. I can understand why he wanted to leave. He wasn't going to dislodge Rooney and Van Persie (even when you take into account that they weren't firing on all cylinders). RVP isn't even fully fit, by all accounts. Then you have to factor in James Wilson who is pushing to get into the first team.

It wasn't a good situation for Welbeck who, to be fair to him, needs games and it wasn't good for United. United needed someone who could come in and immediately threaten Rooney and Van Persie's first-team spots. Someone you can rely on to stick the ball in the net week in and week out. People will argue about his goal ratio but IMO, talented though he is, Welbeck wasn't prolific enough to be the main man up front.

Van Gaal has to be ruthless because there's no margin for error this season. We have to get back into the top 4.

So Falcao comes along, a world-class striker. £6m is the initial loan fee (according to SSN). If he gets us back into the top 4, the deal is a bargain. If he gets injured a lot or is a flop, we won't sign him permanently. The money we make from shirt sales will more than cover his wages.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

replacing an injury prone 31 year old with an injury prone 29 year old does make sense for a manager whos only here three years tbf, as does fucking off the youth

wilson has fucking no chance of making it if welbeck couldnt
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Welbeck has got all the tools to be a top player... but he completely lacks composure... if he ever gets that, he's going to make United look like idiots... again... for selling him.

I don't see the sense at all in swapping him for a player who's near/if not already on the wane, has a dodgy knee, and from what I've seen, isn't really all that to begin with... and I don't buy this we were after him for months crap either... we were definitely looking at Cavanni, but Falcao??? Who heard anything about that?... and we haven't been able to keep our transfer business out of the press, for years... so I'd be amazed if it were true that we kept that secret...

Nope... stinks of shit to me, and I'd rather we kept Welbeck... Knobbys right, you just watch Wenger turn him into something special...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Welbeck doesn't have it. And keeping him would just be doing again what we've done year after year, player after player. Falcao has signed for a year if he's a crock or bag of shite then he goes back and we move on, not much worst than signing Larsson. I think he'll make a big difference cause he'll have a hunger to prove himself. The improvement in quality we 'should' have all round will lift us. Fuck knows what went on with his signing and ultimately i care less, the whole thing stinks.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

By the way Sheeshy, if, "Van Gaal has to be ruthless because there's no margin for error this season. We have to get back into the top 4."... then we should have moved mountains to get the midfielder that we needed, and still need more than any other player... Vidal, Carvallho, Pogba, whoever... this waiting till January for Strootman is ridiculous if true... there's no guarantee his knee will be sound again anyway, but even if it is, we will get absolutely fleeced by Roma for putting all our eggs in that one basket... what happens if come Christmas, we're fuckin about down in 5th/6th, and looking desperate??? which is very, very possible... Roma are going to be able to write their own cheque and then tell United to either sign it or fuck off... stupid, stupid strategy... if you can even call it a strategy...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Welbeck doesn't have it. .
No?

Well, Wenger disagrees, so does Rio, Rooney, Ferguson, and a ton of other more knowledgeable football types... there were a lot of know-it-alls, who said Forlan didn't have it either...
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Hope he makes it to Forlan's level, he's not as good a finisher as Forlan was, don't remember to many of us being gutted he left or calling for him to come back.
It's stupid sentimental balls. Can't be arsed but i am sure if i checked there were many games where you slaughtered Welbeck, Alf. Besides Wenger worked one miracle in Henry, his newer bunch have hardly set the world on fire. And Rooney, Rio and Fergie are hardly unbiased.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X