Falcao

Manchester United chat
sheesh

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:Am not on Red Cafe by the way. Been here since 2005. The only fans' forum I frequent is this.

I don't apologise for wanting us to keep a home grown player in the team. I am with Knobby, if we were going to spend this amount of money on players why the heck did we not get Mourinho in after Sir Alex? Cos this is not proving to be any different.
Cal, we didn't spend that level of money under Fergie because he was whipped into believing that we should make do with what we had. The fact that we were still successful was because of him and despite the Glazers' policy of minimal spend on players. Every year you criticised Giggs and Scholes. Did you never question why we were still playing them? Why we weren't signing the truly top-class players like we used to before the owners arrived? Even when the financial situation at United was pointed out to you, you were so stubborn.

You talk about Mourinho. Did you never wonder, when there were also other top-class managers around like Ancelotti, why we went for Moyes? Someone who was praised for his work at Everton whilst managing under a tight budget?

The only reason we are spending this level of money now is because we finished well outside of the top 4 (the cost of which is hugely detrimental to our finances, which the owners themselves have admitted) with a squad which has been allowed to deteriorate year after year with third-rate players, other teams have improved massively and we no longer have Fergie in charge to make do. We can't even take getting into the top 4 for granted.
Calvino
Reserves

6 years ago

Lazarus,
I don't mind the spending at all. I have not said I did. How is Jose worse than LvG? It is a results driving business. He wins matches and wins trophies. Is that not what we seem to want?

I sincerely believe that Welbeck was not given a fair crack at playing centre forward. Even Michael Owen was saying it during the Burnley game that how many of his matches have been in his preferred role and that should have been where he should be judged. You all watch him at Arsenal.

Sheesh, if Sir Alex wanted to spend money he would have spent. He paid for Berbatov. He splurged on Nani and Anderson when they were still very young. He bought Hargreaves. That we did not spend at that time I refuse to accept it was the Glazers then, I refuse to accept it still now. You have your views. I have mine. Sir Alex had the clout to have made them spend money IF he wanted to. He seemingly chose not to.
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:Suddenly all the shite about the Glazers not bringing out money has gone well quiet. Huh? You all know who you are!
I, for one, am amazed at the spending. I never thought it would happen, and I have written so repeatedly. I was wrong.

I didn't doubt that the Glazers could now afford it—the debt having been reduced to a manageable size while income has risen sharply (an understatement), but I couldn't predict their willingness to spend £150M+ in order to safeguard getting the full fee from Adidas (I don't recall the exact amount of the potential deduction, but I believe it is well short of £50M). Bucking the concept of 'diminishing returns' didn't strike me as their style. Perhaps one or two of the other sponsorship deals have similar clauses written into them as well.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

It's like remembering your wife's birthday for the first time in 9 years. Is she supposed to forget the first 8 missed ones, be glad for this year and just hope you'll remember next year.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:Fair play, Falcao coming across like a genuine United fan. Well he's saying all the right things.
was clearly gagging for madrid tbf, we're the cheap slag after the bint you want turns you down tbf
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
Calvino wrote:Am not on Red Cafe by the way. Been here since 2005. The only fans' forum I frequent is this.

I don't apologise for wanting us to keep a home grown player in the team. I am with Knobby, if we were going to spend this amount of money on players why the heck did we not get Mourinho in after Sir Alex? Cos this is not proving to be any different.
Cause Jose is a fucking divisive, mercenary cock and spends like a demon every time whilst playing mostly dull football. Welbeck isn't a pet footballer, he's a grown man who wanted first team football in his favourite position which he wasn't good enough to get at United, everything i've read suggests that Welbeck pushed for the move himself. Am i mistaken or did we not spend most of the time he played bemoaning his lack of finishing?

'Cos this is not proving to be any different' One day Cal, one day, how is it possible to be one thing or another at this stage. Also are you saying we didn't need to spend? Or are you pissed off we haven't bought a prospect rather than Demaria or Falcao. After all we bought Rojos, Blind, Herrera there should be enough there to keep you happy if it's unknown potential your looking for, kinda a bit Fergie and a bit Jose. Will be interesting once we start winning some games to see how you feel then.
mercenary ffs, gaal was going to fucking spurs before we swooped in with more cash and no europe
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:Fair play, Falcao coming across like a genuine United fan. Well he's saying all the right things.
was clearly gagging for madrid tbf, we're the cheap slag after the bint you want turns you down tbf
Yeah, but you still want to fuck her.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Falcao posted on Twitter "Dream come true #halamadrid" before he signed for us

Then he claimed his account was hacked and blamed Photoshop
agent lesley
Youth Teamer

6 years ago

just1n
Legend

6 years ago

Who cares who he wanted to play for. Madrid sunshine beats Manchester rain any day of the week, but he is here now. Top top player.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]