what is this fucking philosophy then

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
bman2 wrote:That is, to invite pressure onto you so that the other team opens up spaces, rather than bypassing the pressure with long fast passes forward. That's my reading of it anyway.
Yeah I think that's right, which works well if you have;
1) a strong defence who can soak up pressure, and
2) quick forwards

We have neither! Even Falcao isn't particularly quick.
I've watched him in about 3-4 games perhaps in Atletico and he's very quick. I don't know if he's slowed down over the last 2 years.
Yeah Falcao's got a good burst of speed on him, that's one reason why he ought to provide more dynamism with Rooney or RVP than the pair of them have together.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:That is, to invite pressure onto you so that the other team opens up spaces, rather than bypassing the pressure with long fast passes forward. That's my reading of it anyway.
so defend and counter

is that not how mourinho plays tbf, or gets criticised for playing
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
so defend and counter

Probably very close only better for us cause we don't have Jose.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

so defend and counter

No, I mean invite defensive pressure onto you when you have the ball. I think LVG is more possession-oriented. Basically, Barca under Guardiola is supposed to be more or less the implementation of the LVG vision of things. I think the main difference is that we'll see players playing with their heads up and trying to be more calm in possession, which is probably also why we might get shite results in the beginning as LVG finds out who actually has the control and composure to play like that.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
so defend and counter

i/ dont see any difference between them tbf, other than jose being the much better manager obviously

gaals shown himself a sarky cunt tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
so defend and counter

i/ dont see any difference between them tbf, other than jose being the much better manager obviously

gaals shown himself a sarky cunt tbf
I just don't like Jose it's as simple as that. I don't really like how his teams play most of the time and think that he has had the luxury of working with players that are quality and can individually turn on the style. But i can get how people do like him. Remains to be seen how i'll get on with LVG it'll depend greatly on how we play and results.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Jose and Van Gaal's styles of football don't seem similar at all to me. That said, it will be interesting to see how Jose handles Chelsea this year, because with Fabregas they've got a much more possession-oriented CM than he's tended to use in the past.
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

Lvg is no less of a cunt than Jose except that Jose has better suits, is better looking and more entertaining. I'm pretty sure his record is better or as good as lvgs