what is this fucking philosophy then

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

its clear now his philosophy is throwing cash at the quick success and then fuck off

more shite mourinho was accused of
lkhm

hoofing
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

You didn't but the usual spackas have decided to contaminate the space
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

I think by his "philosophy" he means a certain way of thinking about the game, moving as a team to either open up or close off space and so on. In practical terms, he seems to want, when we don't have the ball, holding a high line and pressing high up the pitch to retrieve the ball. With the ball, I think he basically insists on the lads playing with their heads up, having the confidence to welcome and hold the ball under pressure, and ideally the confidence to beat your man.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

That is, to invite pressure onto you so that the other team opens up spaces, rather than bypassing the pressure with long fast passes forward. That's my reading of it anyway.
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

That sounds right.
sheesh

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:its clear now his philosophy is throwing cash at the quick success and then fuck off

more shite mourinho was accused of
We finished outside of the top 4 last season. A repeat is unacceptable by any measure, as there are financial/commercial pressures and not just footballing ones.

What would you do if you were him? I asked this question yesterday and you didn't answer it. I'm genuinely curious.
Last edited by sheesh on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:That is, to invite pressure onto you so that the other team opens up spaces, rather than bypassing the pressure with long fast passes forward. That's my reading of it anyway.
Yeah I think that's right, which works well if you have;
1) a strong defence who can soak up pressure, and
2) quick forwards

We have neither! Even Falcao isn't particularly quick.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
bman2 wrote:That is, to invite pressure onto you so that the other team opens up spaces, rather than bypassing the pressure with long fast passes forward. That's my reading of it anyway.
Yeah I think that's right, which works well if you have;
1) a strong defence who can soak up pressure, and
2) quick forwards

We have neither! Even Falcao isn't particularly quick.
I've watched him in about 3-4 games perhaps in Atletico and he's very quick. I don't know if he's slowed down over the last 2 years.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

6 years ago

I hope so Dozer, because we have no pace or anyone with the ability to beat players in that final third. As strikers that is.

From what I've seen of Falcao, he looks to have quick feet in the box, but isn't particularly rapid over the ground. I could be wrong though.