Predictions

Manchester United chat
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

There's been too much change at the top three clubs to predict with confidence, but I have a sneaking suspicion that United will overachieve and finish second—probably to Cheatsea. I am picking Arsenal to finish fourth above Spurs (the only other legitimate contender for a top-four finish) just because they always find a way to claim a CL spot. So...

1. Cheatsea
2. United
3. City
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

I think Citeh will finished above us this season, but agree with the rest.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

who was it on here who said fletcher is our yaya toure

probably the worst post ever on rant, apart fron hans
lkhm

hoofing
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:who was it on here who said fletcher is our yaya toure

hahahahahahahahah that's excellent

who did say that
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

I'm finding it hard to see past City -- admittedly I know fuck all about their manager but he's supposed to be good and sane, and their squad looks extremely strong over a 38 match season. I think Chelsea might underperform based on people's expectations, which seem largely based on unwavering belief in Mourinho's godhood. To me their squad looks packed with excellent creative attacking midfielders, but thin and unexceptional everywhere else. The problem is, that's exactly the opposite of the kind of squad I think Mourinho excels with, so I don't think they'll find the right formula for success for the whole season. They'll look unstoppable at times, then be found out or have one or two injuries or just go off the boil -- just like Chelsea for most of the last few seasons in fact. Spurs just look a lot better than Arsenal right now. If they hold onto Bale, they may well be better than more than one of the "top 4". I think the first half of the season will be City v Spurs.

Given our shite summer and shite schedule, I expect us to start off badly but come good later on, though probably not enough to catch City. It will be a successful season for me if Moyes establishes a good pattern of play and consistent results, as well as a decent stab at the CL.

1. City
2. United
3. Spurs
4. Chavs
5. Arsenal
6. who cares
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:who was it on here who said fletcher is our yaya toure

who did say that
tbf it's only an absurd comparison if you went to the BBC Match of the Day School of Football Analysis. Fletch in his all too brief prime was a midfield stalwart, not nearly as talented as Yaya Toure with the ball at his feet, but a substantially better passer and defender.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

If you want a Yaya Toure, Fellaini's a good option.
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

The one thing I do agree with Knobby on is players with cajones and united basically having none except Wayne and RvP

What I mean by that are players who can single handedly turn games and win games. We basically don't have anyone other than those, and Fletcher was never and will never be in that category. Yaya Toure is in that category
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:

who did say that
tbf it's only an absurd comparison if you went to the BBC Match of the Day School of Football Analysis. Fletch in his all too brief prime was a midfield stalwart, not nearly as talented as Yaya Toure with the ball at his feet, but a substantially better passer and defender.
yeah but you said fletchers better than gerrard
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Dosdamt wrote:

who did say that
yeah but you said fletchers better than gerrard
Carrick, not Fletcher. And since Carrick has been the best central midfielder in the PL for the last two seasons, by quite some distance, then yeah that does make him better than Gerrard.