Squad

Manchester United chat
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

mr8kc wrote:I think Van Gaal is going to go with Smalling along side whoever he brings in. He seems to have a lot of faith in him and Jones will end up either backup or pushing forward for a defensive midfield slot. Versatility could be then end of him at United.
He's fucking clueless in midfield.
mr8kc
Youth Teamer

5 years ago

Aye. Fits right in!
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

He's only the versatile player because he's not good enough to nail one role down

Originally we used him in midfield to improve his technique and make him less of a lump and an idiot. But you only do that for a run of games or a season at most.

But he's been with us for 4 seasons now, 6 as a pro, so he should have nailed down a position where he's best

I agree with the new fella, whatever centreback comes in has to start with Smalling because he's at least showing progress as a player and a character. Jones should be a squaddie
mr8kc
Youth Teamer

5 years ago

Yeah, exactly my point. Mr Versatile as he's not good enough to claim a starting spot in any set role. Fuck it, let's stick him in nets.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Depay is very confident, it's good to see

He can't quite be arsed with the press which is cool
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Depay is very confident, it's good to see

He can't quite be arsed with the press which is cool
For a kid with a reputation for being troublesome, he's made a very positive impression on me in all his public statements. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on right. Sounds up for it but also says he recognizes the change to the PL is going to be tough. Deflects Ronaldo comparisons and says he wants his "feet to do the talking".

Of course, he could just be well handled, but letting himself be well managed is itself a positive sign.
senna
Legend

5 years ago

Just hope he has the same confidence when things gets tough, because they will. But he seems to work really hard and don't take things for granted.
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33531333

So Valdes is off too, fair enough if he's got an attitude problem. I would've felt more assured of van Gaal's comments though if he hadn't started going into "philosophy" bullshit.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

This is why De Gea looks like he's staying put then
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:This is why De Gea looks like he's staying put then

Does this make us the first big club to tell Real to fuck off then? Would be amazing to do that and say keepers? Remember the keeper who played for your main rivals and usually won your league? Aye, we've binned him to because he got to big for his boots, so you can stick your 8 el classicos a year as the pinnacle of modern football up your hole.

Good luck now you've let Cassillas go and you didn't get De Gea,

Fuck you with your running about throwing rotten tomatoes at each other and your bull fighting, and good luck signing any decent keeper who knows he's only there for a year if DDG is gonna sign next year.

Ole!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.