Squad

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:third best of the past ten years behind ron and rio tbf
Better than Scholes and Giggs? Vidic? I'd be tempted to rate all three ahead of Rooney in terms of their contribution to the club's success.
Yeah, well... you've well and truly trashed your own opinion here...

"For me, Rooney is on the same level as Carrick as a player and as a contributor to United's success over the past decade or so."

Pick the bones out of that... fuckin hell...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

I'm loving this!
Dozer, bman - have either of you ever played team sports at a reasonably competitive level?
You both sound like lone pooh sticks players who don't get the essence of what building balanced teams, where integrated skills count, is about.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:third best of the past ten years behind ron and rio tbf
Better than Scholes and Giggs? Vidic? I'd be tempted to rate all three ahead of Rooney in terms of their contribution to the club's success.
Yeah, well... you've well and truly trashed your own opinion here...

"For me, Rooney is on the same level as Carrick as a player and as a contributor to United's success over the past decade or so."

Pick the bones out of that... fuckin hell...
Rooney doesn't need to be argued about his goal scoring stats speak for themselves, only Bobby to beat. Scholes is better in his position than Rooney, Rio is better in his and so on and so on. Debating this with clowns is fucking nonsense. Time will tell.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

But finally, and I will probably get a load of grief for this post - but it is what is in my head at the moment. The moderators will probably reassign it anyway, but: after 3 months of stress coping with Mrs Swampash's mother's terminal illness, matters came to a head Monday/Tuesday. Finally resolved late Tuesday afternoon. As the lone Brit in a sea of German family emotions, joshing with you guys was a real and hugely valued antidote. You're all cunts, who I don't know, but your collective bollox was a really welcome distraction. Thanks.
The end.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Sorry to hear that Swampy, lost mine six weeks ago and it makes you stop in your tracks. Glad to hear this place entertained you, think it appeals to us all even if it doesn't feel like that all the time. All the best to your kin.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Cheers mate. Appreciate it. And all the best to you and yours too.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:I'm loving this!
Dozer, bman - have either of you ever played team sports at a reasonably competitive level?
You both sound like lone pooh sticks players who don't get the essence of what building balanced teams, where integrated skills count, is about.

You're nearly at their level with this Rojo as a lone forward, Rooney in nets and Giggs and Scholes coming out of retirement to be our centre halfs swampy ffs

I hope we don't play with the left side inverted and the right side false and Jones on the corners and Herrera at left back experiment.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:

You'd rate Vidic higher than Rooney since '05? 8-}
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
dozer wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I'm not saying we don't need another striker who can bang goals in. But i am sick of some people on here endlessly harping on at Rooney. I've been over this so many times. How many seasons have United fucked him about one way or another? How much shit did Fergie cause? How often has he been played out of position? How long have we complained about the lack of investment in the team? How long has he played with an old or completely shit midfield? When it looked like we had something going with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez the whole thing fell apart thru bad stewardship and we went backwards instead.

And yet he's troubling all the records even though he's been hampered all the way and on the few occasions things clicked he delivered every time.
It's always the same with these cunts... "what's he done lately"???

dozer's the worst... make the point that he's often been played out of position and he claims you're making excuses for Rooney...

The only real complaint you can make about Rooney is that he probably hasn't pushed his talent as far as he should have... but, starting with Ronaldo, and then continuing a theme, Rooney has always been used to accommodate others... the UNDENIABLE TRUTH is, if Ferguson and United had employed Rooney consistently, in a striker role, he would have SMASHED Charltons record long ago, and would probably be heading towards 300 goals... on this planet, or any other, that's the stuff of legend... but it just doesn't matter, because there will always be some pissy cunt, who simply won't have it!"
Listen, all I ever said was Rooney should play up-front i.e.fight for the no 9 spot if we get a striker or not play. He shouldn't be played in midfield.
I also said that he's had poor seasons over the last few years. If our top scorer next season is Rooney in the same form he's shown in the last few seasons then we're in trouble.
Bollocks... you've been slagging off Rooney for years...
The point which was discussed over here before everyone started getting all whiny and twitchy is whether Rooney should be played in midfield if we bought a new striker who turned out to be good.
I said he should have to fight for his place up front and not be played in midfield.
You think Rooney should get a midfield place then?
Steggo
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:But finally, and I will probably get a load of grief for this post - but it is what is in my head at the moment. The moderators will probably reassign it anyway, but: after 3 months of stress coping with Mrs Swampash's mother's terminal illness, matters came to a head Monday/Tuesday. Finally resolved late Tuesday afternoon. As the lone Brit in a sea of German family emotions, joshing with you guys was a real and hugely valued antidote. You're all cunts, who I don't know, but your collective bollox was a really welcome distraction. Thanks.
The end.
So sorry for you and especially your wife. There is nothing else I can say except I hope life starts to get better.