Squad

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Lazarus wrote: The same DeMaria who is two years younger than Rooney and played shit and doesn't seem to want to be here??? Good plan that. The thing about Rooney for me is that he has always seemed happiest having someone else as the star, when they live up to their name, and he can supply them and play off them. So i think he'd be delighted to let Maria be the superstar just like Ronaldo, that never seemed to bother Rooney at all. After all he's done what's been asked of him by his managers at every turn.
That's simply the opposite of reality. He and his agent were always moaning about him being played on the left, not played up top etc. When the club signs better players that force Rooney to play in different positions, he and his agent use that as an excuse for talking to Chelsea and City. Then when he gets played up the top, the justification for him talking to Chelsea and City is that the club isn't signing players better than him anymore. People can argue about Rooney's quality, that's subjective, but where the hell does this narrative of him being a humble, obedient, uncomplaining servant to the cause come from?
Bman you couldn't find reality if it was dancing a jig on the tip of your Knob. This is just a complete pile of shite debate and in the future when people talk about Rooney as a legend you'll always know you didn't get it at the time.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Lazarus wrote: The same DeMaria who is two years younger than Rooney and played shit and doesn't seem to want to be here??? Good plan that. The thing about Rooney for me is that he has always seemed happiest having someone else as the star, when they live up to their name, and he can supply them and play off them. So i think he'd be delighted to let Maria be the superstar just like Ronaldo, that never seemed to bother Rooney at all. After all he's done what's been asked of him by his managers at every turn.
That's simply the opposite of reality. He and his agent were always moaning about him being played on the left, not played up top etc. When the club signs better players that force Rooney to play in different positions, he and his agent use that as an excuse for talking to Chelsea and City. Then when he gets played up the top, the justification for him talking to Chelsea and City is that the club isn't signing players better than him anymore. People can argue about Rooney's quality, that's subjective, but where the hell does this narrative of him being a humble, obedient, uncomplaining servant to the cause come from?
Bman you couldn't find reality if it was dancing a jig on the tip of your Knob. This is just a complete pile of shite debate and in the future when people talk about Rooney as a legend you'll always know you didn't get it at the time.
Didn't swallow all the hype they could jizz down my throat, you mean. Look, I'm the one with a realistic appraisal of Rooney, I'm not saying he's shite, far from it, but I'm not buying the oversell either. Stop looking at everything as one extreme or another ffs. He's not a legend; if he is the main man in the process of winning some silverware, he'll be a legend, sure. But time's running out on him in that regard. Right now his impressive accumulation of numbers, without ever being the guy to deliver silverware, guarantees that he'll be a popular pub quiz question for decades to come, but a legend only in the eyes of someone trying to sell you some branded tat.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I'm not saying we don't need another striker who can bang goals in. But i am sick of some people on here endlessly harping on at Rooney. I've been over this so many times. How many seasons have United fucked him about one way or another? How much shit did Fergie cause? How often has he been played out of position? How long have we complained about the lack of investment in the team? How long has he played with an old or completely shit midfield? When it looked like we had something going with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez the whole thing fell apart thru bad stewardship and we went backwards instead.

And yet he's troubling all the records even though he's been hampered all the way and on the few occasions things clicked he delivered every time.
It's always the same with these cunts... "what's he done lately"???

dozer's the worst... make the point that he's often been played out of position and he claims you're making excuses for Rooney...

The only real complaint you can make about Rooney is that he probably hasn't pushed his talent as far as he should have... but, starting with Ronaldo, and then continuing a theme, Rooney has always been used to accommodate others... the UNDENIABLE TRUTH is, if Ferguson and United had employed Rooney consistently, in a striker role, he would have SMASHED Charltons record long ago, and would probably be heading towards 300 goals... on this planet, or any other, that's the stuff of legend... but it just doesn't matter, because there will always be some pissy cunt, who simply won't have it!"
Listen, all I ever said was Rooney should play up-front i.e.fight for the no 9 spot if we get a striker or not play. He shouldn't be played in midfield.
I also said that he's had poor seasons over the last few years. If our top scorer next season is Rooney in the same form he's shown in the last few seasons then we're in trouble.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

For me, Rooney is on the same level as Carrick as a player and as a contributor to United's success over the past decade or so. Of course, the people that don't rate Carrick will think I'm putting Rooney down with that comparison, but I'm not going to bother getting into that.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Ha... what a reply... Rooney didn't singlehandedly carry United to any titles... therefore, ipso-fatso... he's not good enough for "Legend Status"...

I guess it's a good thing for Shearer that he won the league with Blackburn then... in fact, if not for that, he'd have won nowt... would that then have meant he was... rubbish???

Gascoigne didn't win much either... that's it for him then...

Come on... FOR FUCK SAKE!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:For me, Rooney is on the same level as Carrick as a player and as a contributor to United's success over the past decade or so. Of course, the people that don't rate Carrick will think I'm putting Rooney down with that comparison, but I'm not going to bother getting into that.
:)) :)) :))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

dozer wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I'm not saying we don't need another striker who can bang goals in. But i am sick of some people on here endlessly harping on at Rooney. I've been over this so many times. How many seasons have United fucked him about one way or another? How much shit did Fergie cause? How often has he been played out of position? How long have we complained about the lack of investment in the team? How long has he played with an old or completely shit midfield? When it looked like we had something going with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez the whole thing fell apart thru bad stewardship and we went backwards instead.

And yet he's troubling all the records even though he's been hampered all the way and on the few occasions things clicked he delivered every time.
It's always the same with these cunts... "what's he done lately"???

dozer's the worst... make the point that he's often been played out of position and he claims you're making excuses for Rooney...

The only real complaint you can make about Rooney is that he probably hasn't pushed his talent as far as he should have... but, starting with Ronaldo, and then continuing a theme, Rooney has always been used to accommodate others... the UNDENIABLE TRUTH is, if Ferguson and United had employed Rooney consistently, in a striker role, he would have SMASHED Charltons record long ago, and would probably be heading towards 300 goals... on this planet, or any other, that's the stuff of legend... but it just doesn't matter, because there will always be some pissy cunt, who simply won't have it!"
Listen, all I ever said was Rooney should play up-front i.e.fight for the no 9 spot if we get a striker or not play. He shouldn't be played in midfield.
I also said that he's had poor seasons over the last few years. If our top scorer next season is Rooney in the same form he's shown in the last few seasons then we're in trouble.
Bollocks... you've been slagging off Rooney for years...
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Dozer, world class revisionist.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

As for buying what the press write Bman, i don't need the press to tell me how good Rooney is, i saw it myself for years. On the other hand you've gobbled down the bullshit the press (aided by Fergie) wrote about Rooney wanting away from United, bought it hook line and sinker. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

third best of the past ten years behind ron and rio tbf
lkhm

hoofing