Squad

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:Well I don't mean to get aggro, I admit I get a bit overexcited when I hear people portray Rooney as some long suffering martyr to the cause. He's one of our better players, sure, but he's probably not even one of our best 5 players from the past decade. And far from suffering from the cause, he shows no sign of putting in the extra effort of the real legends (a useless fat lump at the beginning of many seasons, never stayed after practice to work on the obvious dodgy sides of his game like controlling the ball or free kicks) and his agent takes us to the cleaners every few years, including to the point of openly flirting with City. So let's not get sentimental over him.
wasnt it well documented he spent ages working on heading

and then scored loads of headers
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I'm not saying we don't need another striker who can bang goals in. But i am sick of some people on here endlessly harping on at Rooney. I've been over this so many times. How many seasons have United fucked him about one way or another? How much shit did Fergie cause? How often has he been played out of position? How long have we complained about the lack of investment in the team? How long has he played with an old or completely shit midfield? When it looked like we had something going with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez the whole thing fell apart thru bad stewardship and we went backwards instead.

And yet he's troubling all the records even though he's been hampered all the way and on the few occasions things clicked he delivered every time.
How have United fucked him about? By paying him more money year after year? Played out of his position? What is his best position then? No.9? I thought that was his best position, then I sat there and watched us lose week after week in the last couple of months of last season while he sat up there like a useless lump contributing sweet fuck all. The reality is he's never laid claim to a single position, for United or for England. Time to recognize that he's the world's best utility player. That's nice to have, but you don't build a side around a utility player, and he's never been the star when we've won the league. In fact, he's often looked halfway out of the club when we've won the league.
So for ten years at United Rooney has been the problem? How have United fucked him about? We've been moaning endlessly about lack of investment, buying prospects rather than established big names, most of those in positions we didn't need to strengthen, continuing to flog the dead horses that were Nani, Anderson, Cleverly, Young, Fletcher, etc, Fergie leaving, Moyes!!!, Moyes being sacked, LVG, Ronaldo going, Tevez going, Pique going, Pogba going, Scholes gone, then back, then gone, Giggs gone, Rio gone, Vidic gone, Evra gone, none of then being adequately replaced.

So the season Moyes fucked up is Rooney's fault? Do you remember at stages near the end last season it looked like the players were trying to play shit to get rid of Moyes but you thought that Rooney should be playing out of his skin.

He hasn't laid claim to any position for United or England in your estimation, yet the records are falling!!!! Are you fucking stupid???

But hey! Lets not forget the money......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I'm not saying we don't need another striker who can bang goals in. But i am sick of some people on here endlessly harping on at Rooney. I've been over this so many times. How many seasons have United fucked him about one way or another? How much shit did Fergie cause? How often has he been played out of position? How long have we complained about the lack of investment in the team? How long has he played with an old or completely shit midfield? When it looked like we had something going with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez the whole thing fell apart thru bad stewardship and we went backwards instead.

And yet he's troubling all the records even though he's been hampered all the way and on the few occasions things clicked he delivered every time.
How have United fucked him about? By paying him more money year after year? Played out of his position? What is his best position then? No.9? I thought that was his best position, then I sat there and watched us lose week after week in the last couple of months of last season while he sat up there like a useless lump contributing sweet fuck all. The reality is he's never laid claim to a single position, for United or for England. Time to recognize that he's the world's best utility player. That's nice to have, but you don't build a side around a utility player, and he's never been the star when we've won the league. In fact, he's often looked halfway out of the club when we've won the league.

The two seasons he played as a proper 9 he scored 34 goals both campaigns
its an horrendous argument from him tbf,

what if aguero doesnt score in the last minute, wed have won the league off the back of waynes 34 goals, scored the winner on the final day of the season an all, would aguero not scoring mean waynes not shite,

but he did, so waynes shite cause weve never won the prem with him as the main man apparently

he carried us through the run in in 2011 and to wembley an all tbf, him and giggsy, after berbashite had cacked himself, winners against city and chelsea, hattrick at west ham, goal in the final etc.
lkhm

hoofing
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Rooneys been a great player over the years for Utd. No question. Not sure he'll have another 30 goal season as a no9. We need another younger, hungrier striker at the club, if we are letting rvp and Hernandez go.
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Lakendary wrote:
dozer wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Why ask Bman ? He doesn't rate Rooney, he'll give grudgingly that he's been decent but every game it's the same moaning until Rooney does put something together and then it's 'what he's paid for' or some nonsense. I know Rooney is getting on and not likely to get better but fuck he's treated shabbily by some on here.
He's not likely to get better than last season? It's possible, yes, and if it happens, it's very bad news if we don't have a better player to play there when Rooney's out of form/out of class.

Look, Rooney hasn't had a good season for a few consecutive years now and we should be buying a better prospect if there is one available.
Rooney has played quite a few games in midfield before, even when he was at his peak and he is an ok midfielder who can do a job but that's it. He was quite terrible there last season although LvG bizarrely tried him as a defensive midfielder.
Rooney as a winger? He was never that good there either and he's only lost more pace now.

In neither of these above scenarios can Rooney be a first team regular.
If Rooney surprises us and gives us a good season then well and good, he'll play obviously.
But I'm hoping for a game changer in our most critical position in attack i.e. the no 9 position - and Rooney hasn't been that player for a long time now.
I agree 100%. I wish he just left at the end of the Fergie era. Fergie already pushed him halfway out the door before he left, Moyes just needed to nudge him a little further. So what if he went to Chelsea and became great. Chelsea got a great striker regardless and won the league regardless. Now we sitting with a player who is "undroppable" even when he's been terrible, building a team around him. How 'bout building a team around Di Maria? Think we'll be more effective if we get the best out of Di Maria rather than Wazza.
The same DeMaria who is two years younger than Rooney and played shit and doesn't seem to want to be here??? Good plan that. The thing about Rooney for me is that he has always seemed happiest having someone else as the star, when they live up to their name, and he can supply them and play off them. So i think he'd be delighted to let Maria be the superstar just like Ronaldo, that never seemed to bother Rooney at all. After all he's done what's been asked of him by his managers at every turn.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
redzebs wrote:
bman2 wrote:

The two seasons he played as a proper 9 he scored 34 goals both campaigns
its an horrendous argument from him tbf,

what if aguero doesnt score in the last minute, wed have won the league off the back of waynes 34 goals, scored the winner on the final day of the season an all, would aguero not scoring mean waynes not shite,

but he did, so waynes shite cause weve never won the prem with him as the main man apparently

he carried us through the run in in 2011 and to wembley an all tbf, him and giggsy, after berbashite had cacked himself, winners against city and chelsea, hattrick at west ham, goal in the final etc.

Fergie always ends up in a row with people who stand up to him, question him :-

Rooney
RVN
Beckham
Ince
Hughes
Heinie
Stam
Schmeichel
Kanchelkis
McGrath
Strachan

Etc etc
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: its an horrendous argument from him tbf,

Those would all be salient points if someone was arguing that "waynes shite", as you put it, but nobody is arguing that. But that's what it comes down to with people who can't hack any criticism of Rooney: over exaggeration and straw man arguments. People can't accept that Rooney's an inconsistent but very good player that's never been in the top tier, he's just been marketed that way.
Last edited by bman2 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote: The same DeMaria who is two years younger than Rooney and played shit and doesn't seem to want to be here??? Good plan that. The thing about Rooney for me is that he has always seemed happiest having someone else as the star, when they live up to their name, and he can supply them and play off them. So i think he'd be delighted to let Maria be the superstar just like Ronaldo, that never seemed to bother Rooney at all. After all he's done what's been asked of him by his managers at every turn.
That's simply the opposite of reality. He and his agent were always moaning about him being played on the left, not played up top etc. When the club signs better players that force Rooney to play in different positions, he and his agent use that as an excuse for talking to Chelsea and City. Then when he gets played up the top, the justification for him talking to Chelsea and City is that the club isn't signing players better than him anymore. People can argue about Rooney's quality, that's subjective, but where the hell does this narrative of him being a humble, obedient, uncomplaining servant to the cause come from?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

It's always the same with these cunts... "what's he done lately"???

dozer's the worst... make the point that he's often been played out of position and he claims you're making excuses for Rooney...

The only real complaint you can make about Rooney is that he probably hasn't pushed his talent as far as he should have... but, starting with Ronaldo, and then continuing a theme, Rooney has always been used to accommodate others... the UNDENIABLE TRUTH is, if Ferguson and United had employed Rooney consistently, in a striker role, he would have SMASHED Charltons record long ago, and would probably be heading towards 300 goals... on this planet, or any other, that's the stuff of legend... but it just doesn't matter, because there will always be some pissy cunt, who simply won't have it!"
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: its an horrendous argument from him tbf,

Those would all be salient points if someone was arguing that "waynes shite", as you put it, but nobody is arguing that. But that's what it comes down to with people who can't hack any criticism of Rooney: over exaggeration and straw man arguments. People can't accept that Rooney's an inconsistent but very good player that's never been in the top tier, he's just been marketed that way.
WHAT A COMPLETE LOAD OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Bernie... you're just being petty...

"Top Tier"??? What like Ronaldo, Messi???

Look... if given the chance, Rooney could probable set Uniteds all time goal scoring record this year... even though, as you yourself admit, he's very often been used as a "utility player"... that puts him top of the class, with Charlton, Law, van Nistelrooy, and any other United player in the history of this club... he'll probably take the England record as well, putting him up there with Lineker and Greaves...

Just what does a player have to do to be "Top Class", in your book???

Actually, forget it... fuckin hell, the shit some people write just to defend a rubbish argument...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."